Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

CANCELLED - March 23 meeting re new Georgetown Lake kokanee restrictions

<< < (4/4)

coldcreekchris:
This is just my 2 cents on the G Town Salmon. Keep in my mind these are estimations. In 3 trips i caught roughly 200  salmon. 80 60 and 40. I beleive i kept 33 25 and 20(new limit). i would say the senior class were very sparse.Maybe 1 out of ten. But the junior class was also sparse, 2 to 3 out of ten.. 6 out of ten were in that 6 to 7 inch range. Last year new anglers flock to the area i have fished for a couple decades, in relative solitude, in reponse to live facebook feeds of an individual catching literally hundreds upon hundfreds a day. I am not here to argue or judge, years ago it was not uncommon for me to keep 200 over a long weekend.. It is what is it. I wonder if the new stress of keeping literally a thousands of more fish in the area i fish is the reason why the senior and junior classes are sparser by percentage that i  recall ever seeing.Or maybe it doesn't? Once again..just my 2 cents. I am not opposed to the limit. Salmon are on a 4 year cycle, give it a try and maybe lift the limit in a year or so. I say give it 2 years. raise the limit to 40 if things go good. Also, i don't mean to scare you Ben but the same facebook fishing star posted a full cooler of crappie a  couple weeks ago. He didn't say the spot tho.

oldschoolben:

--- Quote from: coldcreekchris on Mar 21, 2022, 12:08 PM ---This is just my 2 cents on the G Town Salmon. Keep in my mind these are estimations. In 3 trips i caught roughly 200  salmon. 80 60 and 40. I beleive i kept 33 25 and 20(new limit). i would say the senior class were very sparse.Maybe 1 out of ten. But the junior class was also sparse, 2 to 3 out of ten.. 6 out of ten were in that 6 to 7 inch range. Last year new anglers flock to the area i have fished for a couple decades, in relative solitude, in reponse to live facebook feeds of an individual catching literally hundreds upon hundfreds a day. I am not here to argue or judge, years ago it was not uncommon for me to keep 200 over a long weekend.. It is what is it. I wonder if the new stress of keeping literally a thousands of more fish in the area i fish is the reason why the senior and junior classes are sparser by percentage that i  recall ever seeing.Or maybe it doesn't? Once again..just my 2 cents. I am not opposed to the limit. Salmon are on a 4 year cycle, give it a try and maybe lift the limit in a year or so. I say give it 2 years. raise the limit to 40 if things go good. Also, i don't mean to scare you Ben but the same facebook fishing star posted a full cooler of crappie a  couple weeks ago. He didn't say the spot tho.

--- End quote ---
I would like to see the pics of the crappie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version