Minnesota > Ice Fishing Minnesota

Minnesota Wheelhouse guide/outfitter general question

<< < (2/2)

Rebelss:
Ahh......the social promotion game with the "Sponsor pics'' BS game. That crap doesn't fly in any way, shape, or form with me. Maybe some kiddies get off with that stuff, but this older dude doesn't have time for the "me-me-me" scenario. I've had my 15 mns of fame. The only video or cam I wanna see is the one pointed directly at the fish, not some guy who's interested in a social site post.

BeenPerchin315:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Mar 01, 2022, 12:39 PM ---Holy crap, you hooked up with a loser!!!!! In a nutshell: A resounding "NO" to almost all yer questions! Every resort I've ever seen/been /dealt with/had friends deal with, and I know more than a few that OWN resorts up there, whether it's ice or soft water fishing with/without their boats, all I know of  is they GLADLY put you on the fish, advise ya on what's hot for the bite at that time, will move you around from shack to a better hot spot (depending on what's available, size, etc). They spend a LOT of time plowing the roads and putting the shacks out properly.....that's why, IMO, it's best to hook up with a resort if you aren't familiar with everything. Anyone can slap up a website and call themselves a pro guide.
The shacks and all that resides IN that shack will be in good working order, becuz they know folks WON'T come back if they fail any of the above,.....Minnesotans DO know their ice fishing!
A tip for the clown you were with?? Ya, onto his head! No way is that "Stiffing"...he did it to you. If you spent good money in a restaurant, and got lousy service, would ya leave a tip, or feel you were "stiffing" them? I bet not. Otherwise, yes, a good guide does rely on tips here, especially when boating/soft water fishing.
How the hey did you get put onto this guy?? I'd definitely spread the word; you sure don't want anyone else going thru that, or worse, and I'm very sorry that you did. That IS NOT a typical Minnysoda experience by any means.
If ya want, I can PM you some good resorts I KNOW have a good rep, and will do what you expect for your money. Again; sorry to hear what happened...that's just not us.   >:(

--- End quote ---
Hope I don’t end up in this situation. I wanted to come out 2x next year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version