Author Topic: Almost 50* today  (Read 900 times)

Offline A man called horse

• Team IceShanty Regular
Almost 50* today
« on: Jan 22, 2022, 03:27 PM »
Slathered on the sun screen and hit it at a lazy 9:30 AM.
Only two other guys on the ice. Fished same spot as yesterday where I put a 15” LM on the ice.  Only dink rainbows today.
Went into the back bay where I landed a 5# last winter. Drilled numerous holes w/ the old Barracuda. Ice is now too hard and thick for the Mora, did I mention I’m north of 70. Played at hole hopping and finally got some hits. Kept a decent hen for diner. She was orange and full belly of 🐚s.
Best part was the same hole, only 7’ down & watching the lure. Freight train big bow came through, sucked it down w/o stopping and kept going like a snowflake at a Mickey Dee’s drive through. Never had a chance to play that fish, broke off the 4# tippet as soon as I grabbed the rod Going back tomorrow and upgrading my weight class🏋️‍♀️

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Almost 50* today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2022, 03:33 PM »
Had to clean the wood stove chimney this morning, so did not hit the ice till 11:30. Guess I arrived at the end of the bite. Landed two nice bows, 18” plus and realized what changes I need to make to my reel set up. In any case the bite went dead by 12:15.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Almost 50* today
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2022, 03:32 PM »
View from inside the hut today and diner for tonight. Played several, landed most, missed a few.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.