New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bubbler Petition  (Read 4439 times)

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
Re: Bubbler Petition
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2022, 05:49 PM »
Your personal freedom extends to the point it infringes upon someone else’s freedom.  I’ve lived on a lake for the past 18 years and this is the 1st year I cannot access the lake in the winter.  My neighbor installed a permanent dock last year and his bubblers were too weak.  This year he installed ice movers and now the entire water front near me is UNSAFE for at least 300+ feet.  The problem is, only the first 30 feet by the dock is open water…the rest is unsafe ice blanketed by snow.  He’s not year-round so I can’t talk to him until springtime and try to resolve water flow and/or time-delay for next year.

I won’t sign a petition [yet] unless it clearly sets reasonable guidelines to protect both the homeowner and recreationists.  Assuming this cannot be resolved amicably (on all bodies of  navigable waterways) then it should be something the government manages due to safety and infringement concerns.

Offline saltr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2022, 04:59 AM »
I have been ice fishing the area lakes for 50 years and have seen dock protection go from just bubblers with a 30-50 ft. clear zone to the more efficient ice eaters with a 300 ft. clear zone. I no longer fish the areas with ice eaters because of the safety factor. Seems like there could be a compromise. Just my opinion.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:43 AM »
I have been ice fishing the area lakes for 50 years and have seen dock protection go from just bubblers with a 30-50 ft. clear zone to the more efficient ice eaters with a 300 ft. clear zone. I no longer fish the areas with ice eaters because of the safety factor. Seems like there could be a compromise. Just my opinion.
People just need to go thru the proper channels and to the proper authorities. The fd or the pd is not gonna do anything. Talk to local dec/dnr/fish&game Officer that’s where progress is made.

One other thing I may add is I’ve only seen progress where it is state access. Just haven’t seen it in private access spots.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2022, 07:54 AM »

I feel similarly. I understand the homeowners concern with ice around a fixed dock, however there is no reason for a bubbler to be clearing a football field sized area around the dock. Or that D-Bag homeowner next to Vets that DOESNT have a dock, yet still blasts a bubbler randomly in the lake just to reduce ice access. Its those type of people that cause a majority of my fury.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.