New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Most Active Indian River Lake  (Read 838 times)

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
Most Active Indian River Lake
« on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:19 AM »
Wondering if anyone has thoughts on which of the Indian River lakes is the most active for just catching fish..big fish, small fish, red fish blue fish...

I have fished a couple of them, but only been to them a couple of times.  For me Red and Moon have been the most productive and then Hyde and, Payne.  Sixberry was my least productive but I admittedly suck at fishing deep water through the ice.  I haven't been out to any of the others but hope to try Clear and Mud this year.

Blue snow is better than yellow snow

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Most Active Indian River Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:48 AM »
I used to fish Moon a lot. Always busy running for flags, but never caught anything worth bragging about. One year we caught a ton of fish, but not a single pike big enough to enter in the Theresa derby (24" min).

Grass lake is a beautiful secluded lake. The one time i iced fished it we did OK on pike and a few bass. Kayak fishing, I only hooked a few dink bass.

Offline jsmex

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm awaitin for a lunker!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2022, 01:01 PM »
Red, Black, Grass, Payne, Yellow. Then for deep water, either Millsite or Butterfield.

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2022, 09:06 AM »
After another trip where the fishing was rough, I think I am going to give the Indian River lakes a pass for a while.  They look awesome on the chart, the scenery is delightful but there is more than one reason we rarely see more than 1 group out.  My list:

Red, Moon and Payne are the ones to visit....
Blue snow is better than yellow snow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.