Author Topic: Digger vs. Jaws of Ice  (Read 3247 times)

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Digger vs. Jaws of Ice
« on: Dec 21, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Debating between the two -  not sure if there are big differences or pros/cons to each but just wondering if anyone has any feedback on one or the other? Thanks

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Digger vs. Jaws of Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2021, 04:53 PM »
My Digger is on it's second snowmobile, now starting it's 7th year (12000 miles) of hard service, no problem with it to date.  The Jaws of Ice looks good also, I could see that at times the second clamp would be nice if you are really beating it up on tough bush trails, the downside is that it is a second clamp to deal with when hole hopping.  For long runs down bad trail I will occasionally put a tarp strap on the back of the Digger for a hold-down.  I would take a hard look at both units, as to how they will attach to your machine, one might outshine the other for your application.

Offline WYOBEAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2021, 05:12 PM »
First season with the Digger on my Snowdog.  I had to shorten it to fit my application but it works great so far.  I was afraid that the Jaws of ice would loosen and not provide a tight hold on my auger. 

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys - I ended up ordering a bucket/jaws of ice combo from weeders digest:

https://weedersdigest.com/ice-auger-carrier-bucket-holder-mounts-to-hitch-on-atvs-utvs-and-more/

I had the same concerns with the jaws of ice opening/closing and being tight enough. I guess we’ll see how it does and can provide some feedback once I get some use out of it.

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2022, 12:21 AM »
Bought the Jaws of Ice last year, absolutely loving it.  The only thing I had to "modify", if thats even the right term, is I need to attach a bungee cord to the head of the auger to keep it from spinning.  Probably wouldnt hurt if i didnt, but I still do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.