Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Video

Tiger Trout first ice.

(1/2) > >>

HuyFishin:
I went fishing just yesterday the ice was thinner then recommended standards but I did wear a PFD, brought my ice picks, extra change of clothes and thermal blanket in the car ect. Every time I caught a fishing I brought warm water up on the surface which would melt more. I was definitely prepared to fall in though. To be honest i'm surprised how strong 2.5 inches of ice is. When I arrived there was already a couple guys that were walking around fishing on the lake.

Plan was to not run on the ice but the excitement with a fish on just blows that rule out the window

Walks on Water:
Sweet breakdancing routine! ;)

Good to see you had some fun, caught some fish, and stayed safe.

HuyFishin:

--- Quote from: Walks on Water on Nov 09, 2021, 11:07 AM ---Sweet breakdancing routine! ;)

Good to see you had some fun, caught some fish, and stayed safe.

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much!
I'm glad I made it off safe as well.  early ice can get a little scary.

FreshwaterPhil:
Congrats on those gorgeous trout at first ice, always magical to see them fighting under your feet. Personally, 3 inches is my absolute minimum...
Also, if you want to avoid line cuts on thin ice, just keep your rod tip under the ice hole, roll up your sleeve to grab fish under ice ;)

HuyFishin:

--- Quote from: FreshwaterPhil on Nov 09, 2021, 07:21 PM ---Congrats on those gorgeous trout at first ice, always magical to see them fighting under your feet. Personally, 3 inches is my absolute minimum...
Also, if you want to avoid line cuts on thin ice, just keep your rod tip under the ice hole, roll up your sleeve to grab fish under ice ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tips!! I dont know how guys can grab fish under the ice. I can't ever get a grip on them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version