New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: The Great Sodus Bay family thread  (Read 16826 times)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Great Sodus Bay family thread
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2021, 12:59 PM »
I believe it’s the change in pressure ,
 And I would have tossed that perch back way back in the bucket , ,

Fillet and Released it 😂😂😂😂😂😂
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2021, 01:29 PM »
I believe it’s the change in pressure ,
 And I would have tossed that perch back way back in the bucket , ,

he woulda been cleaned on the  spot and his guts tossed in the pile with the rest of the buzzard food

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:22 PM »
Wow, why is he getting so much crap for trying to do the right thing?  ??? ::)
Me neither.
And he coulda grabbed the fish a little to hard. I know I do every now and then.
this isn't illegal if 100 foot from sure....it's not even bad  these  fish would have  died in that water and  decayed   helping plant lfe   which helps  cause feed  which helps grow big perch ..circle of life ......retured the  nutriants to the water instead of the land fill is alll

Unless it changed it is illegal to clean and dismember fish sos to disguise the size and or quantity of ones catch.
And it was way more then a limit trap. And 100% I have no problem with the disposal but it was done blatant on the ice by 1 person. More then a 5gal pal of guts. Tell me he wasn’t over limit.
As well it is close to shore not sure if with in 100’.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:26 PM »
Now on another note. Went out today found some slush and some more slush but made it around ok. Bite was ok. Had to keep switching back and forth between same two rigs. Brought home a good meal watch out by arneys it looks like the aerator is doing some damage. Careful.
Tight lines
Perchin
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:34 PM »
More then a 5gal pal of guts. Tell me he wasn’t over limit.
Could have been 2 day limit as your allowed 2 day possession if 1 limit is (processed)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:36 PM »
Fillet and Released it 😂😂😂😂😂😂
That how I got the tag , standing at a fillet table 😃

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:39 PM »
Could have been 2 day limit as your allowed 2 day possession if 1 limit is (processed)
It is what it is next time I’ll just inform dec. they can deal with it how they want.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:41 PM »
Unless it changed it is illegal to clean and dismember fish sos to disguise the size and or quantity of ones catch.
And it was way more then a limit trap. And 100% I have no problem with the disposal but it was done blatant on the ice by 1 person. More then a 5gal pal of guts. Tell me he wasn’t over limit.

how do you know it was one person????

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 16, 2021, 02:54 PM »

how do you know it was one person????
Only 1 set of foot prints where he had moved his shanty a few times.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Feb 16, 2021, 03:29 PM »
i'm thinking it's a  couple days limits  and  he  pulled them out there to fed the  gulls .......

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:05 PM »
i'm thinking it's a  couple days limits  and  he  pulled them out there to fed the  gulls .......
Really I do hope so but my mind goes to the bad with people these days so many don’t care.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Bad representation of ice fishers anyway. Wouldn’t take much thought or effort to dump the carcasses ....at the dump.

Rg

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:42 PM »
Bad representation of ice fishers anyway. Wouldn’t take much thought or effort to dump the carcasses ....at the dump.
Rg
In our county fish waste is to go to the land fill

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:44 PM »
compost

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:48 PM »
compost
Yes you can on your own property , but not into the garbage at the transfer stations

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:55 PM »
Mine get frozen and taken to the dump along with the other household trash. I’d rather toss them to the raccoons and foxes, but...... no way they’re going in my compost or gardens. Just an invite to scavengers. I any event, leaving them on the ice is unacceptable.

Rg

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:58 PM »
Fish Carcass Disposal Law
It is illegal to discard any fish carcass, or parts thereof, into the freshwaters of the state within 100 feet of shore or upon any public or private lands contiguous to and within 100 feet of such water................i t's the law, even when you disagree with it ......100 foot  away your  ok

Offline snow snake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 17, 2021, 06:41 AM »
  ZCasey     thank you for clearing it up
                 about where eggs were coming from
                  I stand corrected   
snowsnake

Offline Zcasey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:34 PM »
@snow snake no worries! I'm not a fish biologist so I can only make assumptions based on what I'm seeing haha.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 23, 2021, 02:25 PM »
Went out today slush was there. Not as bad as I thought. Looks like maybe a bit more ice then last week the snow and slush are converting. Ride out went smooth ride in not as smooth started breaking thru the crust layer. Only about 2” between the layers not froze. Good luck out there
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline yankmyline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 28, 2021, 01:59 PM »
What are the ice conditions on the bay at third creek?

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 28, 2021, 03:21 PM »
What are the ice conditions on the bay at third creek?

The same on the whole bay. 6-8 of black ice and 2-4 inches of white ice on top
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 28, 2021, 04:11 PM »
We lost the much thru all of this? Was gone all week. Had 10” of black with a crunchy 3-5” of slush frozen and not. Thanks for report tho.
Tight lines
Perchin
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Mar 02, 2021, 12:17 PM »
A little sun and this nice cold will make a great day for tomorrow. Should be fishy all week gonna give er a go again. How’s the bite been in that deep water up by the loop?

Tight lines
Perchin
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:01 PM »
Hey guys, I usually come up once or twice a year and walk to deep water out of 3rd creek but this year my wife and kids are coming with me and we rented a cottage on the point near the loop thus weekend. I have never accessed the ice from the north end of the bay and this year I will have a snowmobile with me. Anyone have any info on the best place to get a machine on the ice without driving all the way down to 3rd creek? Thanks in advance!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:20 PM »
Dearfishyfishy...i would use the village lot or Maiden know for sled access. I'm sure some others will chime in..havent fished Sodus much this yr..good luck and happy perchin..

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:22 PM »
Hey guys, I usually come up once or twice a year and walk to deep water out of 3rd creek but this year my wife and kids are coming with me and we rented a cottage on the point near the loop thus weekend. I have never accessed the ice from the north end of the bay and this year I will have a snowmobile with me. Anyone have any info on the best place to get a machine on the ice without driving all the way down to 3rd creek? Thanks in advance!
you can access in a few spots up that way. Maiden ln is at beginning of loop or there is the grain bins. Depends on where your at I figure there is some access in there private if your cottage allows. Idk how the access is at the state launch off margarita rd haven’t been out in a week and it’s normally iffy.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:23 PM »
Thanks a lots guys! I'll post what I find this weekend. Tight lines

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Mar 07, 2021, 10:10 PM »
We ended up going out of 3rd Creek yesterday and today. Couldn't find anyplace decent to get a sled on the ice from up on the point. Fished all afternoon Saturday in 25 fow and ended up with 11 keepers between the two of us. Went out again all day today in 35 fow and managed to keep 32 with a couple slabs in the mix. Caught close to 200 dinks and just couldn't keep them away. Ice is holding up well and we found 7 to 8 inches out in the middle of the bay. Thanks to the people who offered to tow us back to shore tonight if needed (we had some snowmobile trouble, but got it running). Had a great weekend. Hope to hit some open water before the perch head out to the lake. Tight lines

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 07, 2021, 10:33 PM »
We fished deep water today and did well. Got an hour late start. Partner had 12 in the bucket when I got there. I caught him then caught 9 more keepers than yesterday him. Buck thanks again for a great day fishing 34 for me 25 for Buck. All quality fish we kept I had 3 12+ all the rest where 9-11 inches. Was a great day for me

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.