Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Lake Trout

Ugly stik dock runner

<< < (3/3)

zcm_82:
I've gotten my boy both the Dock Runner and the Zebco Dock Demon... the reels actually aren't as lousy as you would think for the price. He has landed a couple carp upward of 8# on them. This one was 5#5oz back at the end of the summer.

I would say the Dock Runner's reel is a bit better, but they're both very servicable. The trick is to sort through them at the store to find one with a smooth drag, because some are a lot better than others.

hardwater diehard:
Picked up a DR for some Automatic Fisherman/HT HookMaster set ups I have last season ..but with last season being what it was never even put my Okuma reel on it . :-[

Uppervalley Kid:

--- Quote from: bart on Dec 13, 2020, 10:04 AM ---I always carry a Dock Runner in the truck just in case the opportunity occurs or need to go to a back up!  I plan on trying it out on the ice for Lakers some day.

--- End quote ---

Same, never know when you might see some water that looks "fishy"

Seamonkey84:
Update on this. I now have several of these dock rods with the bait runner reels and I’ve been loving the setup for the HT Ice Rigger. I’ve also used it for jigging lake trout, haven’t gotten anything big yet, but these have plenty of backbone for these 20-25” that are numerous in this lake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version