Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Creepers

(1/7) > >>

STRIKEMASTERS:
After this weekend on Conesus I think a pair of creepers are in order!  Any suggestions on type or brands?  Any one have used ones they want to sell just e-mail me.

dogfish:
Find an EMS or other sporting good store that sells Yaktrax.  I just got a pair this year and they are the best!  You dont even know you have them on and you dont slip at all.  $20 a pr.  They are (so they say) designed around the ones that the Everest Sherpas make and use?  No more walking around on spikes, talk about sore feet and legs!!!!

Check them out at  www.yaktrax.com

Dogfish

eyedoktr:
After using 4 or 5 different kinds over the years, I have decided that I prefer Corkers (Korkers?). They have replaceable golf type spikes and will dig through a hard ice. Also, if there is snow on top of the ice, they don't clog up like others that I've used. They are comfortable to walk or stand in. I got mine @ Dick's Sporting Goods 6- 10 years ago.

STRIKEMASTERS:
Every one is out of them now.  I guess I should have got them when I saw them last month.  Didn't want to spend the $ seeing that I just bought the shanty, auger, and other gear to get started in this great sport.  Oh well she will get over it!

Fargin_Icehole:
getting warm put on golf spikes and buy the creepers next year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version