Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Catfish

catfish

<< < (2/2)

zamboni:
I had a minnow on a orange and yellow crappie jig today and was fishing about a foot off the bottom. Ten minutes earlier I caught a small perch, then all of a sudden **BAM!** I hooked a fish. It was a fight like I had never had on the ice, I reeled it in- about a 10 LBS catfish!! My wife is extremely mad at me because I released it, but at the time, I didn't see us eating it. I have posted on here that catfish is one of my fave fish to eat, but that is always farm raised, corn fed catfish, a huge difference.

rockhound57:
 My wife is extremely mad at me because I released it, but at the time, I didn't see us eating it. I have posted on here that catfish is one of my fave fish to eat, but that is always farm raised, corn fed catfish, a huge difference.
[/quote]

farm raised shouldn't even qualify ::) , I'm with your wife ;) if I could target them of good size, I'd be happy if they were all I caught, and my wife aggrees

fishingabomb2006:
i got 2  channel cats yesterday fishing small minnows about 6 inches off bottom, they liked the lively ones best very soon after i put it back down the hole

Oldfart:

--- Quote from: WaterWolf60 on Jan 11, 2006, 02:05 PM ---what is the best way to catch a catfish through the ice? :tipup:

--- End quote ---
When dealing with channel or white cats, you want to fish in the absolute deepest hole in the lake. The cats tend to pile up there. Please remember to take only a few. It seems like the lake is full of them because your sitting on the entire population all balled up. They can be overfished very quickly.

1MOFISH:
meow!i only got one in 25years not counting those pesky mud cats  mo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version