New York > Ice Fishing New York

Lake George Trout

(1/3) > >>

timbertom:
I,m a died in the wool walleye guy both soft and hard water, but I keep reading posts all over about how much fun some of you have fishing for trout on Lake George in the winter.  Since its only 30 minutes away I just have to try it this winter.  How do I get started?  What do I need for gear, tackle, bait, etc.  I have a portable shanty and more walleye gear that 10 men need, but have no idea how to catch a trout.  What kind of trout is in the lake and where do you go?  Any advise you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

bigredonice:
Use the same spoons and tackle you catch walleyes with, and find flats in the 50-90 foot range for numbers of fish.   For bigger lakers, fish either shallower or deeper.

Mentiply:
Um no you don't cough cough  ::) there are no fish in lake george um stay away.... :angel

ice boy19:
yea absolutly no fish!!!! u can even ask big red he will tell yea the same thing right big red there arnt any lakers in lake george only punny little perch ;D ;) HAHAHAHA JK
tight lines  :tipup:

kingfshr16:
 YEA , they are a blast i mean how can this not be fun.... ;D and this 24.5" laker is just a small one compared to some others on here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version