Author Topic: where to go  (Read 847 times)

Offline bazylyzk88

• IceShanty Rookie
where to go
« on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Hi Guys. I am from Colorado and I am looking to take an ice fishing tour up north and check out the lakes up there. Can any one tell me where is a good walleye lake and what are the lake condition up there.

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: where to go
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:23 PM »
I can only speak for this side of the state, and I venture to bet the river would be a better choice than over here...
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:29 PM »
When do you think you will be making the trip up?  lots of lakes that hold eyes in NE South Dakota, if you get up here I would say check the local bait shops to find out where the bite is at.  Towns to stay at Webster or Watertown Would put you close to a lot of lakes.  As far as conditions though not many getting out on the lakes unless you have a sled or a atv with tracks.  There is a ton of snow on the lakes, bring your shovel to dig the truck out when you get stuck.

Offline msmith1956

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Look at Keyhole Reservoir in northeast Wyoming. If you go to the Wyoming page and look back thru 3-4 pages you will find some good pictures and discussion on Keyhole fishing. Also there is a ice tournament there Feb 19-20 that will be a great time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.