Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Hardwater Cuisine

cooking with mr.buddy heater

<< < (2/73) > >>

Phouvieng:

--- Quote from: mdeutsch on Jan 11, 2010, 11:49 PM ---I thought the grill approach might keep everything a little cleaner. Probably still use foil to contain any drips.

--- End quote ---

Definitely, plus less to carry along. The only time I consider bringing my Coleman propane stove or propane grill is when I'm bringing a larger group of unexperienced fishermen/women, and I don't plan on getting much of it(fishing) done myself. So I can hop between cooking and catering to tangled lines, baiting hooks, and taking fish off.

Phouvieng:
Here's a question for you guys. Can a Buddy heater be laid on it's back? So that the grill is facing up? Or will this shut off the grill?

mdeutsch:
It will shutoff. I've heard of guys overiding the safety feature but I wouldn't post how to do it if I knew.

Phouvieng:
Yeah, I thought that would be cool. But modding to override a safety feature sounds a little sketchy.

tubby67:

--- Quote from: mdeutsch on Jan 11, 2010, 11:49 PM ---I thought the grill approach might keep everything a little cleaner. Probably still use foil to contain any drips.

--- End quote ---

This is how I'm going to do it. ;D  I have bought some small aluminum pans and wedged them between the handled and front grill they did work but I would like a more level surface. :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version