Author Topic: how many people?  (Read 8656 times)

Offline WalleyeBlake

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: how many people?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 28, 2009, 12:07 AM »
It's good to hear there is some good fishing not to far away.  I am definatly going to be missing catching lakers less than 6 miles from my house though.  When does first ice normally come around here?

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #31 on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:08 AM »
dec 1st has been pretty consistant.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #32 on: Oct 28, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Yep, first week of December, guaranteeeeeeeeddd! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 30, 2009, 08:18 AM »
  I am hoping to get out again Turkey day .  Last year I was able to walk out on a couple inces of ice with a bucket , flasher hand auger and a rod.    A couple pannies was my reward , before I got flooded out....
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline icezombie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 01, 2009, 09:00 AM »
Brookings is a good place to be.  You're not too far from some dam good ice fishing.

just moved to Brookings area myself. originally from the bemidji, mn area.

Offline WalleyeBlake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 01, 2009, 05:31 PM »
bemidji huh...I moved here from Ely, MN.  Its going to be interesting trying to figure out some of these shallow with minimum structure lakes.

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:01 AM »
  Yes , you guys are in for a change .   But its not all sad , theres some great perch lakes up around waubay .  I hope to make a couple trips up to some of the perch sloughs in the waubay area this year .  I am hoping this is the year for my wall hanger .....
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline bullhead bandit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 02, 2009, 10:45 PM »
I'm from western SD but moved to AK last year.  Back west spent a lot of time on Orman and Newell Lakes, but moved to Brookings for school and fished a lot on 81 ponds, Brush, Whitewood, and Goldsmith mostly.  Miss the 'eyes and perch the most.  I'm coming back in a couple of weeks, but doesn't sound like I'll get any hardwater time in on this trip  :(.

Offline connected

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 03, 2009, 02:35 PM »
hey guys, I'm from Sioux Falls and this will be my first year doing some serious ice fishing. Me and the son-in-law have been building a new shanty.

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
« Reply #39 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:42 PM »
hey guys, I'm from Sioux Falls and this will be my first year doing some serious ice fishing. Me and the son-in-law have been building a new shanty.

Show us a picture of you new shanty.  Then we'll be able to know where the fish are biting come winter.   ;)

Offline connected

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Nov 05, 2009, 07:33 AM »
Show us a picture of you new shanty.  Then we'll be able to know where the fish are biting come winter.   ;)
Hope to have it done this weekend, then I'll post a picture. The way my luck is, if you see my shanty, you know where NOT to fish  ;D

Offline icezombie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 21, 2009, 10:50 AM »
bemidji huh...I moved here from Ely, MN.  Its going to be interesting trying to figure out some of these shallow with minimum structure lakes.

i was born Ely. yeah i think it will be quite different. lot a movin around til ya get on them. then spend the rest of the time chasin them

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #42 on: Nov 24, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Originally from the Blackhills area, transplanted to Omaha, NE 2 years ago.  I still make it up to Rapid City a few times a year so I like to keep up with what's going on up there.  Never made it out to eastern SD though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.