Author Topic: Tri Beam Transducer  (Read 951 times)

Offline wumpwump

• IceShanty Rookie
Tri Beam Transducer
« on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:05 PM »
My fl28 Transducer is dead, I'm considering the Tri Beam Transducer because I fish in a lot of deeper water (up to 170ft) But still fish in shallower as well.
Anyone use one of these? any advice?
Union Yes !!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Tri Beam Transducer
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Dead  ??? ....I have the Tri Beam ...seams to work for me in the shallows ..don't get to fish deep often ...you may only be able to get one from Vexilar though.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I purchased the new Tri Beam transducer this year for my FLX 28, I had to get it from vexilar. I have only used it twice this year and I'm very happy with it. I'm glad I switched, I hate the Pro View transducer . I don't like how Vexilar keeps pushing the pro view.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2016, 06:48 PM »
I have a vex 20 with the red bottom tri beam, switching between the 3 settings, it doesn't seem to make any difference, is there a way I can tell if its working ? or just using 1 one crystal ? I noticed the red piece has cracked. any suggestions ? Maybe get the pro ducer and try that ?
Bud

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2016, 06:51 PM »
I have a vex 20 with the red bottom tri beam, switching between the 3 settings, it doesn't seem to make any difference, is there a way I can tell if its working ? or just using 1 one crystal ? I noticed the red piece has cracked. any suggestions ? Maybe get the pro ducer and try that ?
the first gen tri beams with the red band where prone to cracking and are junk after that.get a hold of vexilar and they will switch it out with a new gen tri beam or proview.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply, the one they would replace it with is that the same as the Pro Ducer ?
Bud

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2016, 07:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply, the one they would replace it with is that the same as the Pro Ducer ?
they will probably give you the option of the new tri beam which doesn't have the red band on it anymore with the 8 12 20 switchbox.or the proview that widens cone angle with the gain button.i like the proview but just got one of the new tribeams for my fl20 to try out.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2016, 08:42 AM »
I like the tri beam have had no problems with it .you can definatly tell when you switch from one beam to another

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.