The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173261 times)

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #60 on: Sep 17, 2009, 02:23 PM »
yeah no kidding, my personal favorite has got to be green lake... where do you fish at Skipper?

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Sep 17, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Trevor. I live in Lino Lakes and mostly fish Chisago county and Washington county lakes. Been ice fishin for long as i can remember, didnt really get into it hard untill around 3 or 4 years ago though
Trev, what unit are you in?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Sep 17, 2009, 05:50 PM »
yeah no kidding, my personal favorite has got to be green lake... where do you fish at Skipper?

I fish Mille Lacs, Ann Lake north of Uglyville, a bunch on the NW side of Mille Lacs, and the Brainerd-Pequot-Merryville area. Most of my time is spent on Ann and Mille Lacs because they are both very close to me.

Are you IN Iraq, or just home from Iraq? Either way, thank you for your service and keeping my ice fishing butt safe!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #63 on: Sep 18, 2009, 02:56 AM »
Are you IN Iraq, or just home from Iraq? Either way, thank you for your service and keeping my ice fishing butt safe!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:

yes i'm in In Iraq, Basra to be exact

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #64 on: Sep 18, 2009, 02:58 AM »
Trev, what unit are you in?

34th MP out of stillwater yeah yeah i know you smell bacon? damn cops! not at all, i should not be an MP i do too much lawbreakin'!

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Sep 18, 2009, 03:06 AM »
34th MP out of stillwater yeah yeah i know you smell bacon? d**n cops! not at all, i should not be an MP i do too much lawbreakin'!
MP ha? Lol. I"m a 13F. I spent all my time eating mre's and thinking about home.

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #66 on: Sep 18, 2009, 03:12 AM »
MP ha? Lol. I"m a 13F. I spent all my time eating mre's and thinking about home.

hey so TravP you grow up in cambridge? ya kinda look like a kid i knew in high school and ya got the same initials, but i went to forest lake

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Sep 18, 2009, 03:06 PM »
hey so TravP you grow up in cambridge? ya kinda look like a kid i knew in high school and ya got the same initials, but i went to forest lake
Nope, I went to St. Francis. Graduated 2004.

Offline Jrod0582

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Sep 28, 2009, 04:21 PM »
My name is Jared, I'm from Maple Grove but going to college at Bethel in St. Paul, I like to fish west metro lakes and I head out to the Annadale-Clearwater area too. I hope to see some of ya out there this winter, it's comin soon!

Offline bigred1974

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Sep 28, 2009, 07:39 PM »
my official greetings

Im Bill. Im 35, a gemini, and I love chinese food, lol.

Seriously, I live in New Brighton and I just got back into ice fishing last year, (thanks to the thorne bros mod show in 08) but I got back into it hard core.
Hey Trav it was nice meeting you at the Thorne Brothers get together Saturday.  I have an open seat from time to time in my fish house, let me know if you want to go hammer a few crappies this winter. I am alway down to fish, work permitting.

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Sep 30, 2009, 11:08 AM »
my official greetings

Im Bill. Im 35, a gemini, and I love chinese food, lol.

Seriously, I live in New Brighton and I just got back into ice fishing last year, (thanks to the thorne bros mod show in 08) but I got back into it hard core.
Hey Trav it was nice meeting you at the Thorne Brothers get together Saturday.  I have an open seat from time to time in my fish house, let me know if you want to go hammer a few crappies this winter. I am alway down to fish, work permitting.
Sounds good Bill. I'll send you a pm once we have a few solid inches.

Offline Mightyjoeyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Sep 30, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Howdy--

Just stumbled upon this site last week while I was looking into some ice fishing equipment.  Seems to have a lot of good info and the folks all seem to be pretty cool.  Figured I would post something to check in with all the other Minnesotans.  I live in Duluth and mainly fish in the surrounding area, up on the Range, or out in the Walker area.

Joe     

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Sep 30, 2009, 03:55 PM »
My name is Jared, I'm from Maple Grove but going to college at Bethel in St. Paul, I like to fish west metro lakes and I head out to the Annadale-Clearwater area too. I hope to see some of ya out there this winter, it's comin soon!

If you are going to the school I am thinking of, you have Lake Johanna less than a mile away. Dont play too much hookey.
Howdy--

Just stumbled upon this site last week while I was looking into some ice fishing equipment.  Seems to have a lot of good info and the folks all seem to be pretty cool.  Figured I would post something to check in with all the other Minnesotans.  I live in Duluth and mainly fish in the surrounding area, up on the Range, or out in the Walker area.

Joe     

Wait till this site gets going after deer season, we get like 20 pages of new posts a day! :o

Offline Jrod0582

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Yes sir that is the school you're thinking of Skipper. Its actually only about a 10 minute walk! I may be doing some studying for finals in the ice house!!

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Oct 13, 2009, 04:52 AM »
Hi guys,my name is Matt and I am going to be a new frozen face in Minnesota, I am a Cornhusker resident and do a ton of Ice Fishing in Nebraska.  My wife and I are looking at buying a cabin on Rush Lake in Ottertail County.  I have been going to Ottertail Lake every summer for over thirty years and loved every second of my time in Minnesota.  We are in the final process of purchasing our cabin and wanted to see if there are any shanty members who can give me some Rush lake tips.  Also...  how thick will the ice get, will a standard auger get the job done, or do I need a ridiculously long auger to get through?  I am looking forward to hearing from you guys, and hope to meet a few of you.  Thanks...
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Oct 13, 2009, 07:07 AM »
Welcome to IceShanty HardwaterProblem   

Rush lake is a awesome walleye and crappie lake i get out that way about 10 times a year yes a standard auger will get you by unless we get an ungodly lot of ice this year which could happen  real easy the way it's been going !
Hard Ice

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Oct 13, 2009, 07:57 AM »
I'm Joe.  I live in SE MN near Rochester.  I fish some down by Winona, and mostly near Faribault.  I also make a few trips elsewhere including at least 2 trips to WI a year and one to Cabo san Lucas MX each January.  I've been on IS for a while now and do some posting.  I've been fishing since I was a little kid growing up in NW WI, and really started to enjoy the ice in 1995 while in college in Ely MN.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #77 on: Oct 13, 2009, 05:17 PM »
There is no ice in Cabo in januay, why the heck would you want to go there? ;D

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
« Reply #78 on: Oct 13, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Hi guys,my name is Matt and I am going to be a new frozen face in Minnesota, I am a Cornhusker resident and do a ton of Ice Fishing in Nebraska.  My wife and I are looking at buying a cabin on Rush Lake in Ottertail County.  I have been going to Ottertail Lake every summer for over thirty years and loved every second of my time in Minnesota.  We are in the final process of purchasing our cabin and wanted to see if there are any shanty members who can give me some Rush lake tips.  Also...  how thick will the ice get, will a standard auger get the job done, or do I need a ridiculously long auger to get through?  I am looking forward to hearing from you guys, and hope to meet a few of you.  Thanks...
Welcome Matt ! My name is Mike and I live on the west side of Otter Tail lake, near Amor. Rush is a great lake always a large group of house's near the outlet... some of then look like there right on the edge of the open water.  Deer, East Lost, West Lost, Otter Tail, Dead, Head, Star, Twin, Battle, that's my short list of winter time spots. Some great bait shops in the area, Gene's Sport shop in Perham, Ken's Tackle Shop west side of Otter Tail Lake, Ben's Bait on the south side of Battle Lake. Once we get some good ice get a hold of me.. congrats on the new lake home Enjoy.   
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Oct 14, 2009, 07:47 AM »
There is no ice in Cabo in januay, why the heck would you want to go there? ;D
There is plenty of ice in Cabo.  It just comes in a glass!  Here is why I go...

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #80 on: Oct 14, 2009, 04:12 PM »
 :P

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Oct 14, 2009, 05:07 PM »
Welcome Matt ! My name is Mike and I live on the west side of Otter Tail lake, near Amor. Rush is a great lake always a large group of house's near the outlet... some of then look like there right on the edge of the open water.  Deer, East Lost, West Lost, Otter Tail, Dead, Head, Star, Twin, Battle, that's my short list of winter time spots. Some great bait shops in the area, Gene's Sport shop in Perham, Ken's Tackle Shop west side of Otter Tail Lake, Ben's Bait on the south side of Battle Lake. Once we get some good ice get a hold of me.. congrats on the new lake home Enjoy.   
THANKS MIKE...  I will get ahold of you, We will be mostly long weekends and such, but plan to use the cabin year round.  I would love to get hooked up with somebody who knows what they are doing.  And...  I only buy from Ken's, great minnows and better advice.  He put me onto some walleye this past summer.  Bait and ice cream...  Brilliant!!!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Oct 14, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Yes Gary @ Ken's Tackle is great, next summer get over there early on the week end and have your self a warm sweet roll fresh from the oven.... Good stuff!

Offline Mightyjoeyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Oct 22, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Good Morning to all....this came to mind because I was reading the discussion about the tip-up that was 400 yards away yesterday.  What is the regulation for Minnesota, last I remember was that you had to be within 200 feet, is this still accurate?  Thanks

--Joe

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #84 on: Oct 22, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Yep, 200 feet is the law.

Offline splakeshaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Someday...She'll understand.
« Reply #85 on: Oct 24, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Hey all, Name is Craig. I have a wife to be and 2 boys-14 and 12 year olds. Great kids!! They came with the  fiance. We live in Two Harbors. This will be my 10th year into this sport. Man, if you don't have a wintertime hobby in a rural area you get pretty stir crazy. I chose Ice fishing and I chose well. Great site here and glad my bro-in-law-to-be turned me on to it. Looking forward to many good discussions!!
If it wasn't for trout fishin', my wife would have a husband.

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Oct 25, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Welcome, To Ice Shanty  Craig      My Name is Mike

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Oct 29, 2009, 11:39 PM »
Hello fellow Minnesotans!

Somewhat new to ice fishing. I have been out a few times in the past, but just really got into it last winter.

Live in New Prague. Have a couple of buddies with land near Moose Lake, so we go about one weekend a month and stay on their land and fish around Moose Lake.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #88 on: Oct 30, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Welcome to the shanty!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Oct 31, 2009, 01:13 AM »
Hi im Jon from staples iv been around here a while i fish any wheres from st cloud north .. Im an exguide that still loves to fish and meet other fisherman from all over the country .. My main fish that i fish for is pannies..
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.