Author Topic: Ice Fishing Device Law Clarification  (Read 6492 times)

Offline TheDudeAbides88

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Device Law Clarification
« on: Jan 21, 2023, 04:11 PM »
So on a two line lake, can I have more than 2 devices with me as long as only two are in the water at once or is it only two on my person? Like can I have a tip up in the water and bring multiple jig rods with me but only use one at a time? Needs some help understanding how the law works, thanks for the help.

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
Re: Ice Fishing Device Law Clarification
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2023, 04:15 PM »
You shouldn't rely on the opinion of random people on the Internet, but I interpret it as two lines in the water at a time.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2023, 04:21 PM »
You can bring 100 traps with you

Only 2 total lines may be in the water though. Unless on a Cusk lake where you can also have 6 more devices
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2023, 04:22 PM »
40 years of doing what i feel is right never got in trouble. Litter the ice with traps and lines. The law says 2 lines which i read as a trap and 2 jig lines in the same hole plus 2 or 3 bonus lines well beyond my spread so i can deny they are mine when i get checked. My main lines are heritage and my bonus are polars so they dont even look like mine. Epo took a few of my polars over the years becuase i wasnt gonna claim them. Gotta be smart in this difficult economy

We must Protect this gem at all costs folks

Offline denali

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2023, 04:43 PM »
Why?
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they’ve made a difference in this world. The Marines don’t have that problem...President Ronald Reagan

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2023, 08:31 AM »
40 years of doing what i feel is right never got in trouble. Litter the ice with traps and lines. The law says 2 lines which i read as a trap and 2 jig lines in the same hole plus 2 or 3 bonus lines well beyond my spread so i can deny they are mine when i get checked. My main lines are heritage and my bonus are polars so they dont even look like mine. Epo took a few of my polars over the years becuase i wasnt gonna claim them. Gotta be smart in this difficult economy
A true buzzard at work........why cheat the rules?
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2023, 09:09 AM »
Wow, I can't believe, well I guess it shouldn't amaze me that much, that someone would actually come on a social fishing site and admit to poaching!!!  Yep, your a fine example of a true sportsman.  It kinda makes me wonder what other laws you disregard at whim.

PLEASE don't feed the troll!  ;)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2023, 09:23 AM »

Many folks live their lives doing what they feel is right in hopes of making it to Heaven. Who says your right is wrong because it’s not their right? I mean? Am I right?

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2023, 10:23 AM »
Wilga and AA got me in stitches over here. Leave it to somebody named Snitch to complain. There’s an old saying about snitches..  ;D
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2023, 10:28 AM »
Wilga and AA got me in stitches over here. Leave it to somebody named Snitch to complain. There’s an old saying about snitches..  ;D

You know nobody likes you when you gotta post on a state 1k miles away and haven’t posted in your own in eons because they can’t stand you either.

Offline denali

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2023, 10:42 AM »
My name is on my tip ups, some of the places I’ve fished required it. Never minded it. If I have to sneak around and look over my shoulder all day, cause I can’t count, no thanks.
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they’ve made a difference in this world. The Marines don’t have that problem...President Ronald Reagan

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2023, 12:52 PM »
People believing everything they read is burning this country to the ground... laugh at the post folks, it's oldmanwilga ffs
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2023, 05:17 PM »
You got that right. Look at who is posting this BS. Just trying to gain some attention.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2023, 05:52 PM »
I have a corvette in my garage.
Salmonemia

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2023, 03:36 PM »
I have a corvette in my garage.
"You can call home and ask my wife ,I don't even have a garage!"  :)  RIP Charlie Daniels

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2023, 07:02 PM »
"You can call home and ask my wife ,I don't even have a garage!"  :)  RIP Charlie Daniels
Spoken by a man with proper beard
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2023, 07:07 PM »
  I complain because I am a sportsman and believe in following the rules.  I have to wonder if you and some of the others, who are not complaining, are ok with poaching, as well!  I sure am glad that there are more sportsman than poachers, if we all poached, you guys would be "compalining" about not being able to catch any fish!  Why?  Because they are all gone!

You are some kind of stupid I’ll clue ya! We don’t get that kind of special over here.

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2023, 10:19 PM »
You are some kind of stupid I’ll clue ya! We don’t get that kind of special over here.
They stopped iodizing flour decades ago.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:01 PM »
  That's the problem I have with you ASS, or should I say Flamingo, you don't care about wildlife, conservation, the environment or anything else, but yourself!  That is precisely why I have to wonder why you come onto this kind of site!  I guess you are here to make it perfectly clear what a true TROLL looks like!  Again, if you don't have anythiing pertainent to the thread to add, move on, because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one getting tired of you trying to bash me, every chance you get!  Actually I'm beginning to find it rather hilarious that you are stalking me and whenever I make a comment, you have to ridicule me by calling me stupid or some other deragatory name.  You keep saying I have nothing better to do than sit on here all day giving my opinion, instead of fishing, but yet within minutes of me saying something, you respond!  Now that is truly some funny chit.  As far as I'm concerned your a clown who comes on here for attention.  At least I come on here to give advice, talk about fishing, talk about the environment and yes give my opinion.  You on the other hand come on here to harass.  Your are the biggest, most pathetic, example of a true sportsman, environmentalist, and yes human, that I have ever had the opportunity to engage!  I bet your family really loves it when you enter the room!  I'm sure you make them proud.

My old pappy used to say, never kick a sleeping  Tiger, YOU have no idea what you are talking about,  The man you are taking  about is one of the finest examples of a sportsman, and steward  of the sport,  but he doesnt need me, or anyone that knows him to speak up for him, he  is more than. Capable. Do yourself and everyone else here a favor, just go crawl back under your rock.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:07 PM »
  That's the problem I have with you ASS, or should I say Flamingo, you don't care about wildlife, conservation, the environment or anything else, but yourself!  That is precisely why I have to wonder why you come onto this kind of site!  I guess you are here to make it perfectly clear what a true TROLL looks like!  Again, if you don't have anythiing pertainent to the thread to add, move on, because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one getting tired of you trying to bash me, every chance you get!  Actually I'm beginning to find it rather hilarious that you are stalking me and whenever I make a comment, you have to ridicule me by calling me stupid or some other deragatory name.  You keep saying I have nothing better to do than sit on here all day giving my opinion, instead of fishing, but yet within minutes of me saying something, you respond!  Now that is truly some funny chit.  As far as I'm concerned your a clown who comes on here for attention.  At least I come on here to give advice, talk about fishing, talk about the environment and yes give my opinion.  You on the other hand come on here to harass.  Your are the biggest, most pathetic, example of a true sportsman, environmentalist, and yes human, that I have ever had the opportunity to engage!  I bet your family really loves it when you enter the room!  I'm sure you make them proud.

That's some uneducated bullcrap right there... You don't know the man... You just made a real fool of yourself with that statement.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:19 PM »
Can’t fix Stupid. The reason you feel the way you do is because a true troll on here made some comments and you weren’t smart enough to realize it was Satire ;D

I actually answered the posters question perfectly, your post had nothing to do with the thread. Comprehension remember?

Nobody’s tired of me bashing your Dumbass with a Flamingo fetish no one wants you here

Funny how you’re the one coming on here to post, and always after I post? I’m not sure you know how stalking works? COMPREHENSION

I think you have me confused with the rest of the site that hates you, half those things were never said. I’m thinking there is mentally something wrong and I worry for you.

Read your last page of posts, I just did, pure comedy, everyone hates you. We all love swapping opinions, only you can’t handle a different one

Can’t be much of your family left, who’d want those genes in their pool. You all should of been swallowed or keigeled out down someone’s thigh inbred

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:19 PM »

That’s quite an assumption you’ve made Karen!!  What do you care what happens in another state?  Worry about your own state and toss your BS there, unless you live here or fish here, don’t comment on the thread.  If you don’t like what you’ve read then simply move on, go troll Fake Book there’s plenty of BS there
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:51 PM »

Really!!! you want to go toe to toe with someone on here because you got your pantys in a bunch is fine we are all grown men and women. but to bring someone's family into the mix is as low as it gets. Got a great bunch of morales going on over there!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:56 PM »
My old pappy used to say, never kick a sleeping  Tiger, YOU have no idea what you are talking about,  The man you are taking  about is one of the finest examples of a sportsman, and steward  of the sport,  but he doesnt need me, or anyone that knows him to speak up for him, he  is more than. Capable. Do yourself and everyone else here a favor, just go crawl back under your rock.

Well said roccus! I usually don’t chim in on ignorant people like snitch but like roccus said you have no idea what you’re about lol you couldn’t be further from the  truth

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2023, 12:58 PM »
Pretty sure he only posts on the NH/NE forum sections 99% of the time, so that following thing may be a bit of a stretch 🤔

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2023, 01:00 PM »
If he is such a great guy and sportsman, why does he continue to side with poachers, law breakers, polluters and just about everyone else that doesn't represent the outdoors?  And, why does he have this incrediable need to follow me around this site and ridicule me?  There are people on here who really like what I have to say, however, there are also a few bullies who get a kick out of calling people out of their name, stirring up trouble and making an Ass out of themselves.  I believe he has even stated that he has been givin a number of time-outs from those in charge.  That begs the question, why would such a great guy, do that?  Yeah is very small contingent of followers on here can think he's a great guy, but most of us know exactly what he is, and that's a TROLL!  Like I said, he blames me for not fishing but being on here all the time but everytime I make a comment, he responds within minutes, why?  Because he can't stand to let someone else have his opinion in anything!  Like I said, apparently a few of you think he's a great guy but there are far more on here that thinks he's an idiot!

The folks you find me “ siding “ with are not real 😂 why arent you getting this.

I’m not following you I’m on my home states page and where I fish, you are the one crossing over.

I still can’t figure out when I blamed you for not fishing and being in here all the time? Confusing me with others I guess?

Poor little fella.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2023, 01:24 PM »
He obviously doesn't understand.
I wouldn't even waste another breath.
Poor fella...lol
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2023, 01:27 PM »
Eh, something to do while I’m “camping” the neighbors are getting a kick out of it. Worth the laughs.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2023, 01:45 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out who is siding with poachers? A funny old timer made a joke about blasting the lake with a bunch of traps? Is a joke considered poaching now? **censored**?

Offline denali

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2023, 01:46 PM »
He’s a National treasure just for his Loon recipes alone!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.