Author Topic: What People Are Saying About The Smitty Sled Kit  (Read 8363 times)

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
What People Are Saying About The Smitty Sled Kit
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Here's what every one is saying about the Smitty Sled kit..........

-Beautiful! Very happy!
-Very fast shipping, item as described, good seller
-Great deal on a great product!
-Awesome thanks so much
-«:::F:::» «:::L:::» «:::A:::» «:::W:::» «:::L:::» «:::E:::» «:::S:::» «:::S:::»
-Solid purchase. Decent overall transaction.
-Awesome kit, very fast shipping
-Super fast shipping!! Thanks !!!!
-Fast Shipping!!! A+ Seller!!!
-The Smitty Sled is a must have for all who enjoy Ice fishing!
-Excellent quality product, super fast shipping! Awesome seller!!

Click here.......... http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319341.0
-
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What People Are Saying About The Smitty Sled Kit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:02 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I do not have experience with the kit, But I have had a Smitty Sled for a few years and can say that I love mine ! Makes pulling everything out on the ice So much easier.  Not being permitted to use an ATV /sled on the lakes I fish I was limited to fishing areas by how far I wanted to drag / carry my gear.  Now with my Smitty sled (s) I no longer need to limit the distance I can travel.   :tipup:

TY Smitty !!!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 10:06 AM »
Wish you were selling these a couple years ago.  Ended up buying a circular saw just to make my smitty and haven't used it since...

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 10:31 AM »
Wish you were selling these a couple years ago.  Ended up buying a circular saw just to make my smitty and haven't used it since...

Very sorry about that, I didn't know this was even going to happen 2yrs ago.......but you will use the saw again sooner or later if you are a handyman.....tight lines
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:23 AM »
eight years went by fast smitty!

thanks for sharing your idea with all of us back then!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=103927.0

maybe when the snow fall picks up, so will your online sales, i hope. this year has been virtually no snow on the lakes in my area and now no good ice to fish near by.

thanks for sponsoring for us here too!

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2017, 07:35 AM »
eight years went by fast smitty!

thanks for sharing your idea with all of us back then!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=103927.0

maybe when the snow fall picks up, so will your online sales, i hope. this year has been virtually no snow on the lakes in my area and now no good ice to fish near by.

thanks for sponsoring for us here too!

Thanks 3300.......yeas 8 years have flown by........I too hope it snows soon everywhere, this winter has been extraordinary for sure......tight lines

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:02 AM »
What do they consist of ?
Where do you buy them ?

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:28 AM »
What do they consist of ?
Where do you buy them ?
Click the link in the original post.......that will take you to the Smitty Sled Page.....there are 3 links to Ebay.....kits, plans & decals

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Product looks like a child is selling it. No real photos ? Doesn't say what it's made out of or how to intall it. The photo of the "smitty sled kit "is a computer generated photo of skis with a rope  attached to them . But it doesn't even come with the skis ! If someone has the skill set and tools to modify the skis for the kit than I don't see y they wound just make the mounts and pull string and save the 40 bucks ? If your selling a product to turn a jet sled style sled into a sled with skis . The kit needs to be complete with skis . Its like selling a jet sled tow bar kit. But you only get is the mounting bolts. You have to find the tow bar someplace else. The biggest part of the kit is missing !

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Product looks like a child is selling it. No real photos ? Doesn't say what it's made out of or how to intall it. The photo of the "smitty sled kit "is a computer generated photo of skis with a rope  attached to them . But it doesn't even come with the skis ! If someone has the skill set and tools to modify the skis for the kit than I don't see y they wound just make the mounts and pull string and save the 40 bucks ? If your selling a product to turn a jet sled style sled into a sled with skis . The kit needs to be complete with skis . Its like selling a jet sled tow bar kit. But you only get is the mounting bolts. You have to find the tow bar someplace else. The biggest part of the kit is missing !

If a child were selling it, there would be many pictures, video clips and other tech savvy stuff, it 2017.  It looks to me like an adult, who didn't grow up with a computer in his hand is selling it, and fairly professionally for a side business.
You could build it yourself, but you want him to ship you 5-10 $ thrift store skis?  do you understand how shipping works?
I made my own based of smitty and others designs, but the kit is obviously a great deal for some people.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Sorry for the way you feel......but there are multiple photos, one shows everything that is included in the kit. Tight Lines

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:26 AM »
No photos that I could see on eBay. The place your selling them. Just 3 photos of a completed sled on an ice shanty posting

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:30 AM »
No photos that I could see on eBay. The place your selling them. Just 3 photos of a completed sled on an ice shanty posting
If you are using a mobile device, you will have to slide pics to left to see all 5 photos......tight lines

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:36 AM »
If you are using a mobile device, you will have to slide pics to left to see all 5 photos......tight lines

I could see all five pics, looks good Smitty!!

<°)))>{

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2017, 12:31 PM »
can't please them all!
THANK YOU for all you've contributed over the years and sponsoring this site. it's been a pleasure to watch it all unfold!
good luck with your business and hope it works as hard as you have!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2017, 07:42 PM »
Some people need a kit, or they would be sawing their fingers off.  Just sayin
Bud

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:49 PM »
i have a Smitty kit and got it fast with great quality.  It works great!  Thanks Smitty!!
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:55 PM »
I made a smitty sled last year, didn't have the ice to fish so have not used it yet.  This year lots of ice, plus snow, so I will be using it. Thanks for the design share.

Offline FISH4WISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:16 AM »
I fabricated mine 3yrs. ago with the instructions Smitty had on his post and it worked out great!Thanks again Smitty and hope you make lots of cash ;D ;D ;D

F4W

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2017, 10:28 AM »
I fabricated mine 3yrs. ago with the instructions Smitty had on his post and it worked out great!Thanks again Smitty and hope you make lots of cash ;D ;D ;D

F4W
Thank You Fish.......glad I could help you out......tight lines

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2017, 11:22 AM »
For those that are not mechanically inclined there is a guy selling a SLED built on Smitty's design just not using his name on Craigs list in Michigan. $120 if he supplies all parts and $100 if he uses your parts.  I think it was either in northern Michigan or central Michigan listings in sporting.

What a jerk.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2017, 11:57 AM »
For those that are not mechanically inclined there is a guy selling a SLED built on Smitty's design just not using his name on Craigs list in Michigan. $120 if he supplies all parts and $100 if he uses your parts.  I think it was either in northern Michigan or central Michigan listings in sporting.

What a jerk.

What's wrong with that. It's not like the " smitty sled kit " is something new or original.  company's make and sell the same style sled. Eskimo made an awesome one . You can go online and buy a number of different sleds with skis on them. It's basically a modern day version of a dog sled . You can't knock a guy for doing the same thing as smittty . Just because someone sells wooden blocks to screw onto a sled to mount skis doesn't mean they known an idea or market

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:02 PM »

What a jerk.
Thanks for the feedback Tom.......I'm just an honest guy offering a simple kit that is not over-priced.......keeping the folks in mind that can't afford anything else......tight lines

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:29 PM »
Thanks for the Smitty  Smitty. I've built a few using your design over the years. Thinking of buying the kit for my son. Thanks again for what you have contributed to ice fishing.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:52 PM »

What's wrong with that. It's not like the " smitty sled kit " is something new or original.  company's make and sell the same style sled. Eskimo made an awesome one . You can go online and buy a number of different sleds with skis on them. It's basically a modern day version of a dog sled . You can't knock a guy for doing the same thing as smittty . Just because someone sells wooden blocks to screw onto a sled to mount skis doesn't mean they known an idea or market

I think there have been so many modifications to the original plans over the years that most people have lost track of what the original Smitty sled was designed for.  The easy, tool free, assembly and disassembly are what make it innovative.  Sure, there are lots of sleds and designs, but how many of them can be transported easily in a car?

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2017, 01:23 PM »
I guess it depends on how big your car is lol I guess

Offline jstim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Worth the effort to buy or make your own kit, keeps me from coughing up a lung after a 300 yard sled pull.

Offline Limbow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:29 PM »
I built a Smitty sled a couple years ago.  I think the kit is a great idea and fairly priced too!  By the time your buy the supplies and add in your time you've passed the price for the kit.

Offline wefishandflop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing with two toddlers.
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:41 PM »
I'm constructing an inspired version and it is not as straight forward as I thought it was. The kit seems like a good idea now after running to several hardware stores several times! 
We'll take any nibbles we get.  Jigging mostly.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2017, 07:50 AM »
I'll tell ya what, I built my Smitty sled from the mans original post back when there was only one page to the thread. I made the simple knock down sled and it works great and has seen a lot of ice. I even used it to drag my sled a mile and half through the woods and across a stream to get to a lake deep in the game lands. I think when guys make these fancy dandy neat-o mega sleds, they are way over thinking it. It's a simple knock down sled that's easy to store and will save you a heartattack on the ice. Everyone I know has one. The kits are a great idea cuz one thing I've learned is that some guys just don't have any mechanical aptitude. This kit helps those guys put one together for themselves.

one thing I would like to see is a sticker to put on my own Smitty sled. When I think of Smitty or a Smitty sled I think of a bulldog chewing on a cigar. I'd like to get that on a small 4x4 sticker for one of the uprights on my sled.

Smitty, you da man!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.