Author Topic: New Shanty  (Read 1294 times)

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New Shanty
« on: Feb 11, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Ok, I finally got the money together to purchase a shanty.  I’m leaning towards the Clam Guide, but I really like the Voyager.  If anyone has a Voyager, how does it pull by hand?  Where is the best place to purchase one of these?  I live in Oneida, but I’m willing to travel.  Thank you for your advice.
Follow the bubbles...

MARBLE EYE

Re: New Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2004, 07:29 PM »
I WOULD CALL FOREST FISHERIES IN HOMER NY THEY WOULD SELL YOU A ICE SHANTY. THEY MAY HAVE TO ORDER IT BUT THE PRICE IS WORTH IT. MY COUSIN OWNS A CLAM I HAVE DRAGGED IT SEVERAL TIMES ACROSS THE ICE. MY COUSIN HAS A BACK PROMBLEM SO I AM THE MULE. WHEN THE SNOW IS DEEP ON THE ICE THE CLAM PULLS VERY HARD. IT SETS UP VERY EASY AND ALSO KEEPS THE WIND OUT VERY WELL.IF YOU DONT MIND A LITTLE WORK GETTING TO THE FISHING HOTSPOT WHEN THE SNOW IS DEEP. GO FOR THE CLAM.        GOOD LUCK TO YOU WITH YOUR FIND.                 MARBLE EYE

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2004, 03:50 AM »
 8) 8) kool ottis

I would  go with a 1man clam  I also have a 2man  shappel  but in wind its a bear to take down  yourself

hope I helped you ottis

Steve 
aka  potbelly perch  :'( fishon
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2004, 08:32 AM »
Ihave a clam junior and I like it alot , I had to sew on a new top and it looks great! [ camoflauge] It is hard to pull in deep snow but the 4-wheeler does the trick. I'd post a pic but unable to figure it out! 8)

Offline Colorado_Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • :-)Reader Beware(-:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2004, 05:51 PM »

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." ~Paul Schullery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.