Author Topic: pranks pulled  (Read 2434 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pranks pulled
« on: Feb 14, 2004, 03:17 PM »
My shanty and my buddy's shanty are within 10 yards of each other. They showed up at like 8 when I was there at daylight.  They were fishing one side of a rock pile than I was and it seemed like the fish were more active on the other side resulting in many flags. ok guys, today was basically a slow day fishing rainbows. I had many flags and managed to land one fish on my gear. My buddies were in their house and I noticed a flag up of theirs. I snuck over and caught the fish. I put the tip up back down but without any bait on the hook! Needless to say this happened more than once. So after I made sure that there was not any bait on their hooks, I moved over with my gear and started having more flags. They couldn't understand what was going on; why their action stopped and mine was starting!  After a few flags I had to leave. So I started up my sled and drove by all their traps and flipped up the flags........I sat there and laughed when they saw all the traps were not tripped and the wind was not blowing. I told them what I had done and then held the throttle to the grip!

What have you done?

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: pranks pulled
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2004, 03:26 PM »
That's funny, but if that was me, you would probably be the first guy to fit down a small hole in the ice.

You better watch them, paybacks.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2004, 04:41 PM »
My personal best was removing the replaceable blades from "The Old Man's" auger when he was taking a sound siesta on the ice.

When he woke up I told him we better move and find some fish. I could barely contain myself as he forced the auger head through the ice anyways...without blades.

When he finally broke through he sighed and said..."I think I need some new blades"

Good thing I can still outrun him...he's 64 but I wouldn't have wanted him to get a hold of me.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline ojib2003

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2004, 05:54 PM »
 ;D.........WOW!.....i can actually picture the sweat running off his forehead busten that auger thru...lol!........thats 1 for the scrapbook there!.....good 1!

Offline geter_done

• IceShanty Rookie
  • git-r-dun
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2004, 10:02 PM »
halarious.... :D ;D ;) ::)
.........the taste outlasts the cold anyday.......

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2004, 11:00 PM »
Those are good.

One guy that we fish with used to wear rain gear to help protect from water on the ice and also a good wind break.  However, his rain gear had pants, not bibs, and he basically has not enough gluteus maximus to hold them pants up anyhoo.  So he's bent over his flasher intently trying to get a finicky fish to hit while were cuttin' new holes, and his butt crack was hangin out with the moon shinin in our faces.  It had to be 10 degrees outside that night, but we started flipping ice chips at him trying to see who could make that all elusive three pointer from about 20 yards away.  Sure enough, my buddy finally hit that 3 point shot, sending ice chips into his lunar crevice.  You shoulda seen him dance, like he had ants in his pants.  If was a sight to behold.  We laughed for hours and could hardly concentrate on the action that night...  ;D ;D ;D
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!-Certified!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2004, 11:22 PM »
This has nothing to do with fishing, but the previous post reminded me of a good one!  My Brother in law was working on my old pickup when his crack was hanging out for all to see.  I reached in my pocket, grabbed some pennies and decided to toss them at his "backside wishing well".  On my second try it dropped right it.  He whipped around and the hunt was on for the "lucky penny".  He finally got ahold of it, his hands full of grease and grime and tossed it at me.  Thankfully he missed and it landed on the exhaust manifold.  It remained there for 3 more years, and was still there when I sold the truck.  Needless to say he has FINALLY learned to hike his pants up when working on any vehicle!  ;D 
Where there's a Woody, there's a way!
I don't suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2004, 02:40 AM »
 kool one realy    but i was @ work on a farm & the old cow knew it was her turn   & the guy said  are you strong I said yes  & got her  on a rope  down  the milking stand  & here she was running  & I was holding the rope  &  wammer jammer  LOl  my pants were down to halph  mast & going to the ground  LOL   but we got the job done  ~:+)
 :o 8)
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2004, 08:24 AM »
None of these are fishing related but good practicale jokes anyways

We used to have a guy at work who was good at pulling pranks on everyone  So one day we got in to our feild office after he was out working he always use to bring his lunchbox in the office and leave it their. So we prceded to Screw it to the floor It was great to watch him try to pick it up at lunch time.
Another good one was to put electricl tape on his windshield wipers run it longways with the blade you cann't tell its their
we also hung a sign on the back of his truck saying THIS TRUCK WAS STOLEN.
Cold Feet

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2004, 03:34 PM »
I'll tie the end of my jigging line to my freinds tip up pin, open the bale walk 50 yards away and act like I am jigging and then wait for him to have to take a leak , it so funny watching someone run across the ice after a flag with their hands down their pants..It is to me anyway..
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

BOOB

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Had one of those small grease guns with me for snowsleds and 4 wheelers. Slow day fishing so my buddies gloves were laying there. Couldnt resist filled all the fingers with grease. Talk about mad when he put them on and then pulled them right back off. wouldnt speak to me the rest of the day. Come to think of it alot of days he wont talk to me.

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2004, 08:35 PM »
My buddy and i were jigging one day out on a lake. He had caught quite a few fish and i had caught none......Well nature called, so he went in the woods to find a log.  He left his jig pole across the hole with the jig still down in the water.  I decided i would fix his fishing and when he left to take care of business, i took the treble hook off his jig.....When he came back he kept getting bites and couldnt figure out why he couldnt catch anything.  Anyway when he  brought up his jig and there was no hook he just assumed a big fish came along and broke it off.  I just laughed to myself and to this day have never told him what i did!

hard_waterer

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2004, 08:45 PM »
The is one in every group!

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2004, 08:48 PM »
we are like grumpy old men, my buddy and i constantly get each other out on the ice.. makes the slow days go by faster.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2004, 11:24 PM »
My first time ICE fishing i was out with STAN the man who is 35 years my Senior and well he has had a few kaughs in his day. Anyhow he takes me out whitefishing and i catch One and he hasnt;..its his hut..Anyhow so i do the happy dance and throw it in his face...ANyhow Nature calls as it does i go outside and when i come to go back in stan is leaving i notice my tip up is down and try to set the hook and feel the weight. It comes up like a log . when it gtes up i see the flash thru the hole and think mans its a small whitefish compared to the other...Stan comes in and he startes laughing when i pull it up ...Its a slip home made white fisg made  up of steeel that you slip on somones line and let it drop when they ggo out to go pee. He got me good but i remember leaving that day with 2 and him none...KArama. Tight lines all.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Reelinrolly

« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2004, 01:04 AM »
there is no other prank better than the famous....set the tip off while your friend is 500 meters away.....there is nothing funnier than watching your friend dash the whole way cursing and swearing at you as you pretend to not be able to hear....lol....good times....lol...its the only way some of us get some exercise

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2004, 10:03 AM »
One day while a buddy was checking a flag we took a coke can and attached it to another one of his lines when he wasn't looking.  We tripped the flag and yelled "Flag",  when he was done checking his other flag he ran over and yanked on his line.  " I got em", he said.  He pulled up his line and the can was attached. He said "how did that get on there?"  To this day I think he still actually thinks he caught that can. ;D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.