Author Topic: THE EARLY EAGLE GETS THE...  (Read 680 times)

Offline JT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Fish Hunt Tattoo
THE EARLY EAGLE GETS THE...
« on: Feb 13, 2004, 03:53 PM »
The early bird got my 17" walleye this morning around 9am and it happened to be Mr. Eagle.
I had left the fish near my hole and had put snow on him and after fishing all night ,I was not thinking super clearly. As soon as I got to the landing main road
I realized my mistake immediately drove back ,time span 3 min. and he was already in the tree taking care of my fish up in the pine! I rritating as that was the only fish last night and wi th today being Friday the 13th....well you know
something was going to happen.I laughed so hard as I came upon the indentation in the snow a few yards from the hole where the final flight adjustment was made and the scratch marks and wing sweeps,it was pretty cool looking with the sun and the virgin snow. Next time to the truck with the eyes for me.He obviously needed that fish more than me and hey ...ya gotta feed your local birds man,good kharma. :'( :'( :'(
myspace.com/tat2byjt

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
Re: THE EARLY EAGLE GETS THE...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2004, 04:01 PM »
NO  WAYYY!!!  Thats pretty cool, too bad you did'nt get to see it!!  As far as feeding the birds, I prefer to use dead minnows for this!! 
This story does remind me of something that happened to my fiance though...She went out of her way to avoid hitting a mouse with her car...yes a mouse...only to have the little critter snatched up by a bird of prey!!!!  She said she wished she had ran over the mouse, so at least it did'nt have to suffer.......women.... ...

Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.