New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373673 times)

Offline ditchrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #2370 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:07 PM »
Snowed like a banshee today on wellsley island all ice is boogered up also heard a guy fell thru in an inland lake today so I wouldn't plan any long distance trips just yet.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2371 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Wow there's ice all over the state! Some good helpful info right there. I've never been so excited to go swimming

Excellent! Bring your floaties and wait a good half hour after you eat to get in the water.

What do you want me to tell you? There is ice all over! People are posting pics of fish and giving good reports from all over. Get out there and hunt it down, it's waiting for you.

Offline JPG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2372 on: Jan 13, 2016, 12:05 AM »
Hello everyone.  I was seriously considering heading up to the Adirondack's to fish this year but there is just to much real estate.  Dont know where to go.  All jigging, no tip ups (cause i dont own any). Walleye or pike. Any advise on where to go and stay would be appreciated.  Wouldn't mind fishing with anyone either.  I'm not a seasoned ice vet but I work with what I got. 
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2373 on: Jan 13, 2016, 01:06 AM »
Excellent! Bring your floaties and wait a good half hour after you eat to get in the water.

HaHaHa...dont know til you go!

What do you want me to tell you? There is ice all over! People are posting pics of fish and giving good reports from all over. Get out there and hunt it down, it's waiting for you.

Offline xxxOKIExxx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2374 on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:39 AM »
Thanks for the report on some of the smaller interior waters. Hope to get out there this weekend and catch something

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2375 on: Jan 14, 2016, 10:55 AM »
Felt great to find 8" of ice today on my first voyage out. Only fished a couple hrs BC of work. Great to be out again!!

Offline fishman79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Can I catch another one daddy?"
« Reply #2376 on: Jan 15, 2016, 01:45 PM »
As promised... inland report for jefferson county from this morning. These were my observations, use your judgement and caution.

Perch Lake: 5 1/2 inches of good black ice with 7 inches of snow on top, no slush then. many folks out with sleds and wheelers.
Payne Lake: 4 1/2 inches black ice with 6 inches of snow on top, no slush. folks were fishing, parking was a bit sloppy but ok.
Hyde Lake: 3 inches of black ice with 5 inches of snow and a bit of slush. one guy out fishing. again parking was just ok.
Moon Lake: 4" black ice with 6 inches of snow and a bit of slush. many folks out, did not see any machines though all walkers.
Red Lake: 1 1/2" of crappy ice. lake was 90% or so covered. not safe, don't bother yet.
Didn't make it up to butterfield.
Spoke with an angler who had checked milsite and LOTW this morning, he said they were covered but that the ice was still "flexible" and not yet safe.

checked out chaumont and 3 mile as well. no one had yet been out to check, surface was jumbled and wet with some open spots visible.

I may check things out again on tuesday but there are a few choices available for the weekend. have fun and stay safe.

Offline xxxOKIExxx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2377 on: Jan 15, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Great report. I was on Black Lake at the public launch today, walked out about 150 yards and set up. Ice was 5 1/2 inches thick, but the wind was hell. Only caught a bunch of dinks. The ice at the bank was sketchy, but once you got by it, the lake was fine. Probably going to try somewhere else tomorrow. Also was fishing 12.5 feet of water, caught everything right on the bottom.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2378 on: Jan 16, 2016, 05:02 PM »
Heres a decent early ice fish. Been hitting it pretty hard, first good fish of the year for me..... 42"

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2379 on: Jan 16, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Awesome fish!
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2380 on: Jan 16, 2016, 05:47 PM »
Awesome catch.
I finally made it out today. Glad I got the rust off.  ;D back at it tomorrow.

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2381 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Nice fish norrhernnyice!!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2382 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Hey, I have been to that place with the blue trees... ;D   
Great fish.... :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2383 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Hey, I have been to that place with the blue trees... ;D   
Great fish.... :thumbsup:

Blue Tree Pond... It's a great pond.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #2384 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:55 PM »
nice fish Jake.  Finally going to get out for the first time tomorrow down here in MD

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2385 on: Jan 18, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Goody luck Let me know when you come back to the north country.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2386 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:46 AM »
I want to apologize to everyone.  I decided to go fishing on Saturday, so of course that will be the windy day for the weekend.

Thought I'd give this thread a bump so we can maybe get some talk going before the weekend.

Offline SILVR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2387 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:15 PM »
 robinson bay is good to go, saw 3 guys all the way acrossed to the other side fishing today, amvets is good as well...

Offline Tipupguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2388 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:20 PM »
robinson bay is good to go, saw 3 guys all the way acrossed to the other side fishing today, amvets is good as well...
was on Robinson on Sunday the ice was 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches depending on where you fished
FISH ON!🎣

Offline Jig on This

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2389 on: Jan 23, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Black lake has a pressure crack from Brown bay / Hague's point to the other side of upper deep. Looked like one more further out heading to orchard bay. 8" of ice in most areas!

Offline SILVR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2390 on: Jan 25, 2016, 10:12 PM »
was on Robinson on Sunday the ice was 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches depending on where you fished

we had almost 5 on the other side of the bay today, id be careful with wheelers in the middle, but i got an argo so i go with ease, amvets has 8 inches to the barge, 4 inches by the first bouy...

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2391 on: Jan 26, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Been slow fishing for me the last 5 days in a row. Hoping for something to kick on here shortly!! My brother stuck a nice 41.5" on Friday.

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2392 on: Jan 27, 2016, 05:36 PM »
Been slow here too I was for sure the weather would get them active. I got this laker a few days back. Got two that day on the jig rod. we had 12 tip ups set between two of us and not one flag. Was about to call it a day then I got into the two on the tickle stick. What a fight on that rod with 4 lb test.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2393 on: Jan 30, 2016, 02:49 AM »
No monsters but the 30" biggest ive put on the ice this year. 

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2394 on: Jan 30, 2016, 01:44 PM »
nice, yeah its been a real slow bite for the most part this winter. i have put a lot of time on the ice with nothing big to show. I have been out the last 4 days this week alone. Thinking a lot of the bigger fish may have suffered a die back from the last two years winters.

Offline zckweber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2395 on: Jan 30, 2016, 06:08 PM »
Anyone been getting into big pike or perch on lower Saranac lately? Pulled 6, 8 and 4 ponder the in days of hard fishing but. Handful of keeper perch but rest sub par.  Anyone had any better luck?

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2396 on: Jan 31, 2016, 01:13 PM »
Spent a few days on Ampersand bay with nothing but a few perch and fallfish to show, Went few days ago to lonesome bay and we had the entire mouth closed off between 3 ppl from one side to the other....once again nothing but a few perch.

Offline duke14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • thats why they call it fishin,not catchin!
« Reply #2397 on: Jan 31, 2016, 03:22 PM »
whew! thought I just sucked at fishin! lol
fished Forked Lake for the last 2 days,
1 6inch brookie,2 dink perch,
marked fish all day,they come in,look,then go away
oh well,next weekend will be better(I always tell myself)

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2398 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:08 AM »
Looks like it's gonna cool off for a week or two after this warm spell. Then it's looking like 40's through the rest of Feb and March. Get it in boys there may only be a few weeks left.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2399 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:24 AM »
I've got two weekends left, then my season's over.  Just hope I don't have to row my jet sled across open water at the launch this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.