New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373665 times)

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #2280 on: Dec 03, 2015, 09:00 AM »
im getting the itch baddddd.  >:( we need ice! any local baitshops in the Etown area? would prefer not to go to plattsburgh/bigbox store for bait. one more deer in the freezer and ill be in full blown ice mode. If any locals want to team up later this year? i always bring the beer  ;D i plan on bringing the grill a few times and doing a few full day sits for lakers and pike. would love to get into some crappies  and eyes too. i need a vacuum sealer!
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #2281 on: Dec 04, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Hey all. New fella to the region, but not new to hardwater. New job and new place, living in Elizabethtown. Can't wait to hit some of these lakes this year. Also excited to chase Lakers for the first time. Here's to a good and safe year on the ice for all of us, cheers!
Welcome. You should try Schroon lake or Lake George for lakers. These lakes are infested with lakers.
Master Laker taker.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2282 on: Dec 04, 2015, 05:23 PM »
Welcome. You should try Schroon lake or Lake George for lakers. These lakes are infested with lakers.

I've been reading the Lake George bs thread all day. It's just making it worse! Been reading about Schroon and lincoln pond too
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2283 on: Dec 06, 2015, 09:51 AM »
Forecast isnt good guys. I am now laid off and ready to roll ..

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2284 on: Dec 06, 2015, 04:06 PM »
Forecast isnt good guys. I am now laid off and ready to roll ..
I'm not laid off yet, but I am ready to roll. This weather sucks
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2285 on: Dec 07, 2015, 02:12 AM »
im getting the itch baddddd.  >:( we need ice! any local baitshops in the Etown area? would prefer not to go to plattsburgh/bigbox store for bait. one more deer in the freezer and ill be in full blown ice mode. If any locals want to team up later this year? i always bring the beer  ;D i plan on bringing the grill a few times and doing a few full day sits for lakers and pike. would love to get into some crappies  and eyes too. i need a vacuum sealer!

FMB bait in Port Henry...great guy, great bait and great price.  Also Norms Bait and tackle in Crown Point.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2286 on: Dec 07, 2015, 06:38 PM »
FMB bait in Port Henry...great guy, great bait and great price.  Also Norms Bait and tackle in Crown Point.

Good to know. Thanks!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2287 on: Dec 07, 2015, 10:33 PM »
I might as well go get my brothers boat and go see if i can catch a fall fatty musky this week jeez... Im drewling over Abu's new Revo Toro Beast.

fordman

« Reply #2288 on: Dec 08, 2015, 04:33 AM »
Wish I had musky  close by. Great week for trolling pike. Bite has been real good for river walleye. :tipup:

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2289 on: Dec 09, 2015, 10:42 PM »
Worked on the boat a little today and ordered a couple new musky baits lol. This weather is lousy...

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2290 on: Dec 10, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Kinda regretting putting the boat away myself. May have to start working on my Frabill ice shuttle I picked up this summer. Thinking flasher mount and auger rack of some sort for early ice walking. Definitely have the time to work on it.

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #2291 on: Dec 10, 2015, 06:23 PM »
If there's not a drastic change in the weather I don't think we will be on ice before New Years.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2292 on: Dec 10, 2015, 09:30 PM »
If there's not a drastic change in the weather I don't think we will be on ice before New Years.

I agree. Maybe small ponds at best

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2293 on: Dec 11, 2015, 07:18 AM »
My daughter is going to school at NCCC in Saranac, is there any good fishing at Lake Flower? We plan on making a couple trips up this winter. Thanks

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2294 on: Dec 12, 2015, 05:45 AM »
JBoggey1   Wow where have you been hiding ?  Thought you might have been sucked up in a swamp or something.  Water is low low here and I am ready to get the boat back out.  I got word they were getting a few over in the Pickton channel.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2295 on: Dec 12, 2015, 08:19 AM »
Thanks LASTCAST

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2296 on: Dec 19, 2015, 06:22 PM »
Anybody feel like fishing in the morning? My softwater gear is down state....but I'm taking my ice rods and im gonna catch some fish somewhere tmmrw....Ive been craving a fish fry. I'm thinking brookies somewhere

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2297 on: Dec 21, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Well. I couldn't wait for ice to get some fish to eat. And I sure as hell wasnt going to buy fish. So I went down to schroon and caught a pair of brookies. Perfect for dinner. The bullwhip and slender spoon did the trick.

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2298 on: Dec 22, 2015, 08:00 AM »
Beautiful fish.

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #2299 on: Dec 22, 2015, 11:57 AM »
NICE,and great photo thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2300 on: Dec 22, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Thanks fellas. First time I've tried brook trout (only have browns and rainbows back home)...they were fantastic. How do they compare to Lake trout being that they're both char?

Offline Jeep518

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2301 on: Dec 23, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Nice Brookie

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #2302 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Word on the street down in the case area is some small pond around Saranac Lake has fishable ice. Guys in the bait shop this am heading that way this weekend. I call BS!
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2303 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:07 PM »
According to the weather app on my phone that area is supposed to see some extended below freezing temp after monday. I haven't heard of anything but open water from my conections up thete.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2304 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:10 PM »
Word on the street down in the case area is some small pond around Saranac Lake has fishable ice. Guys in the bait shop this am heading that way this weekend. I call BS!

BS is right.  Skim ice the other day - gone today and tomorrow.  They will be wading.  :P

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #2305 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:14 PM »
I figured as much.
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2306 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:18 PM »

This lake is  almost always the first fishable ice in NY. But I'm pretty sure its not frozen yet...    ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2307 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Small ponds should make ice next week. Let's hope

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2308 on: Dec 23, 2015, 06:26 PM »
I live in saranac lake and i have been boat fishing every other day.....there is no ice. We had some on a small 2 foot deep mucky pond for a day. Looking at lower 60s tomorrow. It looks like after the 1st we will be making ice.....With that said i will be keeping everyone posted on the conditions as i literally fish several times a week.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2309 on: Dec 25, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Anybody get anything good? Got a new buddy heater and a new scale

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.