Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: New State record perch  (Read 6607 times)

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: New State record perch
« Reply #30 on: Feb 24, 2019, 02:27 PM »
I haven't touched a thing here, nobody is flinging crap at each other. Anytime any kind of record is set there will always be controversy. I remember when the Tony Lovuston buck (Albia buck) was shot the rumor was his dad shot it during youth season and played off his kid shot it. Nothing really has gone off the rails here. People are talking about the possibility of it being legit and some are talking about it being a stocked fish.

Offline frozen eyelet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2019, 07:20 AM »
So I just as well quit putting 15" crappieback s in my pond trying to develope the next state record?  Thats a bummer >:(
I viewed it no different as letting an 160 inch deer live so it could reach 200" potential
Have LiveScope, will Travel.....

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2019, 04:43 PM »
So I just as well quit putting 15" crappieback s in my pond trying to develope the next state record?  Thats a bummer >:(
I viewed it no different as letting an 160 inch deer live so it could reach 200" potential

Is that 160 inch buck in an enclosed pen being fed high protein and rack development food so it can be the next record? That's exactly what you can do with your pond and get the next state record crappie, perfectly fine with our DNR. With the proper food and selective harvesting, you should have a state record crappie in a few years.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.