Author Topic: Coo-Coo Ice Hilton  (Read 10518 times)

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Coo-Coo Ice Hilton
« on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Well....after dragging my heels for 4 winters,   I finially started the Shanty,     Aheeem,  pardon me,  I mean the Coo-Coo Ice Hilton.    I got big plans for this puppie,  it might be wayyyyy over weight,  but I dont plan to pull it far.    so far its still really light.    This is what we got done tonight. It is 15 X 6.5 feet O.D,   and will be finished at 6.25 X 14 feet I.D.    I have a wood stove for it,  and bought sweet  teflon strips for the runners so it slides easy.    exterior will be mahogany plywood,   (super thin and light)   and roof will be tin,    roll on rubber  dura-deck will cover the plywood floor....  stay tuned,   more to come    ;D

Pics show it on my trailer,   i just wanted to know if it will fit, if I want to haul it somewhere

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Coo-Coo Ice Hilton
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Lookin good Ise, can't wait to school you in it!  ;) do want those doors or do you have some?

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Lookin good Ise, can't wait to school you in it!  ;) do want those doors or do you have some?

School me???   are you crazy?    :blink: :cookoo: :wacko:      as if,   oh   and  there will be no minors allowed,  sorry,   there will be a wet bar in the lounge area, and I dont want to loose my liquor licence    :callcops: :thumbsup:    I might hire you to be the door man though,    I heard you got your orange belt.   Congrats     ;D

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Haha, thats right, I'll beat you up if you don't let me fish..  ;) I can just be the waiter   ;)2 haha, should be good!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2010, 12:46 AM »
Foundation is looking good bud. Its gonna be a good size.  :thumbsup:

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:03 AM »
Foundation is looking good bud. Its gonna be a good size.  :thumbsup:

Ya   I think my quad can pull it with chains on the tires,  but my Tundra  might wheeze a little trying to pull it.    ;D    It will have bunks in it, so  people can sleep in it,    or maybe I can when Tracee kicks me out.    :laugh:   

Offline SLIK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:07 AM »
woah....

this icefishing thing is getting cooler and cooler looking
Hockey and Icefishing...two sports that involve dropping the gloves and kicking ass

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:11 AM »
This is my inspiration    :o   mine will be similar,     might  change up the floor plan,   I'm undecided

http://knucklesunited.com/2010/01/the-coolest-ice-fishing-shack-youll-see-today-10-pics/

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:06 AM »
You going to cover bottom side of the floor incase the snow is deep and slushy? Should have lots of room for another ice fishin social. Could get $200.00 an hour for the two bunks in the right location and it should pay for itself in one day. Yahoo fish on!!!

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2010, 09:19 AM »
Don't forget the escape hatch out of the roof!!!

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2010, 11:22 AM »
You going to cover bottom side of the floor incase the snow is deep and slushy? Should have lots of room for another ice fishin social. Could get $200.00 an hour for the two bunks in the right location and it should pay for itself in one day. Yahoo fish on!!!

I thought about covering the bottom as well,  but I think it will cause it to fill up with snow between the floor joists,   caue there  will be holes in the floor for the ice holes.  Am I making sence?     If its too slushy,    I think it will have to stay at home.     Ice conditions are great right now  !     I  hope it stays like this.

Don't forget the escape hatch out of the roof!!!

Escape hatch will be through any wall of your choice,  (in the case of a fire that is)      the plywood is going to be so thin,  you can punch through it   ;)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2010, 04:07 PM »
How you gonna stop those neighbours (with ATVs that come thru your property to access the lake  ;)) from coming up to your shanty door and trying to BS with you and get an invite in? They might hang for hours waiting while all the fish are swimming by :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2010, 05:13 PM »
How you gonna stop those neighbours (with ATVs that come thru your property to access the lake  ;)) from coming up to your shanty door and trying to BS with you and get an invite in? They might hang for hours waiting while all the fish are swimming by :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
Tell me about it    >:(     That dude, needs a muzzle.    I might have to get a potato gun for the shanty

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2010, 06:42 PM »
ISE
Check out this Ontario guys shanty.
I think you'll get some more ideas.   ;D

http://www.tvcogeco.com/north-bay/gallerie/cnbn/372-cogeco-north-bay-news/13088-home-away-from-home

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Wow, thats pretty cool drifter  :o

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Awsome! That looks like a fun project  :)

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2010, 03:17 PM »
That guy in Ontario stole my idea for the 5 gallon buckets down the hole       >:(       oh well,    I picked up more lumber and plywood today for the Hilton,    The plans have changed,    It will have an "upstairs" now,   well.....kinda,    lets just call it a loft.     A place for the kids to sleep    ;)

Offline Cooey22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2010, 06:44 PM »
The 5 gallon buckets down the hole is done by most of the guys in Northern Ontario.
We (they) leave the shanty's out from late Dec till end of March. The law states that they are registered and off the ice by March 31st. The buckets help keep the holes open. most guys put insulation in the buckets over night.

When I had mine out I was out daily so the holes never refreeze.

Don

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2010, 06:47 PM »
That guy in Ontario stole my idea for the 5 gallon buckets down the hole       >:(       oh well,    I picked up more lumber and plywood today for the Hilton,    The plans have changed,    It will have an "upstairs" now,   well.....kinda,    lets just call it a loft.     A place for the kids to sleep    ;)

I know where I am staying now....  ;) now if I get up before keven does I don't have to worry about him getting mad because I am already on the ice...  ;D

Offline GrizzlyAdams

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 28, 2010, 06:54 PM »
NICE!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2010, 06:45 AM »
If it gets real bad I might have to come over with my 850 Diesel Gator....lots of power to pull.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2010, 12:37 PM »
If it gets real bad I might have to come over with my 850 Diesel Gator....lots of power to pull.
Sounds like a deal to me,   and feel free to "store" it here    ;D    Ill make sure its well looked after  ;)   Im on my way up to the shop in 20 min to start the roof trusses and walls

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:10 AM »
****UPDATE  ****   Me and the boys built the trusses today    ;)    Tomorrow night we start framing the walls.   We had to adjust the plans,   the loft would have put the shanty over 12 feet tall      :blink:   so we had to scale it back,    No worries,  it will still have bunks     :thumbsup:

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:33 AM »
wow- gonna have to have a few overnite fishin parties. all yer guys wives/gfs are gonna hate this "party shanty"!!! i can hear loud music and faint sound of a generator in the background
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:57 AM »
wow- gonna have to have a few overnite fishin parties. all yer guys wives/gfs are gonna hate this "party shanty"!!! i can hear loud music and faint sound of a generator in the background

That is sooooo  true    ;D      :afro:    :thumbsup:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:10 AM »
How many ice holes are gonna be in the Hilton? When can we prebook a room  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Tracee,  is working the front desk at the Hilton, and she is currently taking calls for bookings in late feb, and March.  50% non refundable deposit is required, as well as a 10% damage surcharge.    We rent by the hour, by the night, or by the weekend.  ($10, $100, $175)   and we offer a "free shuttle service" to and from,  anywhere on the lake   Kinda like a taxi service on the ice   ;D      The  Hilton will have 4 or 5 holes that can accomodate a 10 inch auger, as well a 1 large hole 1.5 feet X 3 feet    for when you want to fish shallow and see the action at the bottom of the lake,  (Chainsaw rental not included in price)    ;)

Offline British Columbia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Leastways everyone just has to look for a big house on the water to know where to start fishing  :thumbsup:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Thats some problems that some guys back in Manitoba have where someone comes up and drill holes on the side of someones shack (to stay out of wind usually). Usually the more lines down the more fish are attracted thinking its a school of baitfish.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:46 PM »
*****UPDATE*****      Me and Burbut Buster spent an hour in the shop tonight, we got 1 end wall framed, and modified 4 buckets to go down each hole to keep them from freezing,     walls are ripped 2X4's in half...so 2X2's   ;D    and I pre-drilled every screw hole, and glued every joint too, as mike Holmes says "glue it and screw it"    ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.