The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Aqua view 715 or Vexilar FS 800 underwater camera  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
Aqua view 715 or Vexilar FS 800 underwater camera
« on: Nov 19, 2014, 08:09 AM »
So I am in the market for a new toy to add to my ice sled.  I am looking at two separate underwater camera systems that are the same price.  The Aqua-View 715 and the Vexilar FS 800.  Does anyone own either camera? Or is there a great difference between using a color monitor vs. a black and white monitor.

I have a marcum showdown flasher (works great) and on those occasions that I am marking a lot of fish that are not committing, I would like to see what is under me.

Any advice will help.

Thank you,

Crappiehunter1981

Offline pvbehr920

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Aqua view 715 or Vexilar FS 800 underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Hey man.  I am sorry to go off of the reservoir on you, but I would not buy either of those.  I have a color underwater camera from Vexilar, and I love it.  If I were you, I would save myself $50 and get the fishphone from vexilar.  I got one last year when it first came out, and I love it.  It does not want have a monitor, but instead it is a wifi device that links to your smartphone or tablet.  I love mine.  The battery lasts forever, and you can take pictures and video. Just my two cents.
Makiplastics Pro Staff
Clam Outdoors Pro Staff (Powerstick)

Offline Alpineway

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I purchased the fish phone as well.  With its own wifi and wide availabilty of smart phones this is the way to go.  It took me maybe 5 minutes to get a great picture. And you can store pictures & movies to share.  Very tidy piece of equipment. Paid about $180 for mine.

Offline hardwaterwalker814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Where did you find it for that price the cheapest I can find the fp100 is 239.00
A watched flag never flies

Offline pvbehr920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Unfortunately, they bumped the price up after last season.  $240 is about the lowest that you'll find now.
Makiplastics Pro Staff

Offline hardwaterwalker814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Oh man OK I never even heard of that camera til today or I would have bought one last year I might just have to stick with my fish finder but thanks for the response
A watched flag never flies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:06 AM »
Thanks for all the advice guys.  I have a terrible habit of dropping my phone through the ice while I am fishing so I decided against the fish phone.

Offline pvbehr920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2014, 01:55 PM »
I don't even use my phone.  I bring an iPad with an Otter Box, and I set it on top of a bucket. 
Makiplastics Pro Staff

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2014, 02:16 PM »
I have an older Aqua Vu DT ....I hardly ever use it any more(bulky heavy no DVR) ...a buddy has been using it the last two seasons he has no other electronics. The past couple years have been looking to take UW video ...so after looking last year and this year it was down to Vexilar as they just introduced the DVR 100 (only fits Vexilar camera systems) and Aqua Vu w DVR models ...almost went for the Vexilar ...then the Micro Vu 5 w/DVR caught my eye ...nice ,LIGHT ,compact, battery contained, 5 in  screen size and DVR ...then there is a free/rebate for a Pro Vu case (allows the camera to hang around your neck for scouting) ...what I have been looking for ..for quite some time ...ordered one ...case is in transit ..now waiting on the ice to form...I don't have a smart phone so those options were out . Hope you find the right unit to suit your needs .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Went with the Aqua Vu 715c.  Used for the first time at the Jamestown marina the other day and I am extremely pleased with it.  I caught fish that I would have never know hit if I did not see them mouth my bait.  It is very heavy, but I am looking forward to seeing what is under the ice..

Offline pvbehr920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2014, 03:02 PM »
Watching fish hit may be the coolest thing ever.
Makiplastics Pro Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.