Author Topic: What is the best all around boot??  (Read 1745 times)

Offline chimsweep

• IceShanty Rookie
What is the best all around boot??
« on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:49 AM »
Ready for a new pair and I'm looking at the Muck's Woody Max. I have read reviews and for the most part they are positive and a few negative concerning they are cold for extreme ice fishing, though they are rated to -40. So let's have the skinny on what you have found is the best. Nothing better than your recommendations.  I will use these boots for bow and gun hunting and ice fishing.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What is the best all around boot??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:42 AM »
I've had three pair of lacrosse 1000 gram, love them, don't get wet, stay warm, wear them for 2-3 years before wearing them out.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:03 AM »
Woody Muck is the only choice as far as I'm concerned. I had a pair of Reg. mucks for 6 years..not 1 complaint. I just bought a pair of the sports from woody about 3 weeks ago. Wore em on the ice the other day with snow and slush and never once did i even get a chill! I also use these boots for bow hunting and they are great from 1st day of Oct. bow hunt to last day of Muzzy on Jan.31st.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:48 AM »
The cabelas Predator Extreme Boots 1200 g are amazing and actually on sale $40 off right now. I also own the Rocky Blizzard stalker boots as well which are great. Both boots are super warm, waterproof, etc. and great traction.

Offline Canalratt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:53 AM »
The Muck,s are a great boot. I have a pair of the Rockies Extreme 1000 and love them. I have used them for both hunting and ice fishing in the snow and they are light, warm and dry!

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:14 AM »
Muck's are great,Just got the wife a pair of arctic sports for christmas.Fished in -0 with a 40 mph wind last week and she said they were the best boot's she ever had.I have had mucks for years and also love them. Also have a pair of Rocky snow stalker extremes that are awesome but too warm for archery season or even some gun hunts.

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Muck boot Arctic Warrior............The y are rated to -40 and are slip ons and Very Very Very light compared to the big old clunky things........

Offline Danny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I have had a lot of boots, and these are by far my favorite:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=pod&cmCat=MainCatcat20564-cat20570-cat280030&id=0026877

Everything from tracking deer for miles in uneven and steep terain, to running hare with beagles on snow shoes in 4 feet of powder, to standing on the ice all day.  Comfortable, waterproof and warm.  I highly recomend them.

P.S.  I do NOT work for cabelas

Offline chimsweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:45 PM »
I have had a lot of boots, and these are by far my favorite:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=pod&cmCat=MainCatcat20564-cat20570-cat280030&id=0026877

Everything from tracking deer for miles in uneven and steep terain, to running hare with beagles on snow shoes in 4 feet of powder, to standing on the ice all day.  Comfortable, waterproof and warm.  I highly recomend them.

P.S.  I do NOT work for cabelas
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=N1QNIEMOJSWUNLAQBBICCN3MCAEFCIWE?type=pod&cmCat=MainCatcat20564-cat20570-cat280030&id=0026877&_requestid=148114

Offline chimsweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:36 PM »
I was at Cabelas yesterday and looked at this very boot. Looks like a quality boot with the only detraction is the weight. They were some heavy boots......reminded me of hard hat diving.  The Muck's go on like heaven and come off like warm butter.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2010, 11:23 PM »
I love my Sorel's

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Lacrosse boots...all around performance for all around seasons.

Irish setters...overall lighter boots and doesn't take as much of a beating as Lacrosse boots.  However the running shoe like feel makes these very good for long treks.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.