Author Topic: New ownership for Pure Fishing  (Read 2383 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
New ownership for Pure Fishing
« on: Nov 07, 2018, 01:59 PM »
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: New ownership for Pure Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2018, 02:04 PM »
To be honest I never heard of them?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2018, 02:13 PM »
To be honest I never heard of them?
Abu Garcia®, All Star®, Berkley®, Chub®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Johnson™, JRC®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, SpiderWire®, Stren®, and Ugly Stik®. All these brands

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2018, 02:55 PM »
Maybe they'll start putting product in stores at the malls they have HT in already and then when the wife says lets go to the mall I won't hate it as much.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Just another giant corporation taking control of an established company to add to its portfolio.  I doubt it will change anything.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Had heard about this a couple weeks ago.....hopefully things remain status quo...

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2018, 03:55 PM »
This could be great news for me. Fishing rod, line and a paper clip all from the same place. Now maybe I can find that class ring I lost many years ago. :whistle: :roflmao:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Well I have been watching this pretty close. I did not buy any products of there's for a while. Especially rods reels bigger ticket items. Every time A buyout like this happens something goes down hill. Remember Ice Force? You could not give me a Marcum product worst customer service ever. Otter however I did have good luck with. I know Ice force is just a selling company for them but remember when you could actually call strike master for service/info now you get to wait for a Email sorry when my day is ruined because my auger does not work I want support. Anyway off my soap box Abu and Pflueger I thought had good warranty call send a pic etc. no problem. I just hope for the best for those involved loss of job etc. I have been a victim of this kind of sale before and it never helps the workers or customers.  :o Hopefully when I need a stapler and rod I can call the same company ;D

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2018, 04:42 PM »
not to be a doomsayer, but, i,m gonna think long ,n, hard about what i may eventually need from those brands, ,n, hurry ,n, buy current stock before they "new ,n, improve it into junk". wire

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2018, 05:06 PM »
I agree wirenut ::)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2018, 06:10 PM »
 time to load up on presidents!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2018, 06:27 PM »
I doubt that the quality will change much in the short term. However, whenever a buyout like this happens you will see prices go up....if they don't go up then the quality will drop and prices will stay the same. They gotta recoup the money they spent.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2018, 07:12 PM »
This could be great news for me. Fishing rod, line and a paper clip all from the same place. Now maybe I can find that class ring I lost many years ago. :whistle: :roflmao:

Oh man, Iceassin. You just reminded me of a posed pic someone sent me years ago. Very not "family friendly" but the caption was "I know my ring is in here somewhere". Really an unforgettable scenario. Heck, for all I know it was a real pic of you...  ::)

Never had a class ring, wasn't willing to spend $$ on something so fleeting and (for me) meaningless and didn't care. Wedding ring came off when I turned 40 when my fingers blew up like knockwursts with arthritis. Never wore it again because the swelling was too unpredictable. Now I am "unencumbered" and jewelry is not my friend. Can't even wear a watch on my wrist (maybe sometimes).

Offline Tye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2018, 06:15 AM »
The only Pure Fishing stuff I use anymore is the Powerbait Maxscent Chunks for my flippin jigs. So I'm not too concerned about it.

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:29 AM »
 Quality has always suffered when an independent company is bought out by someone more interested in profits for shareholders. Heddon used to offer 10 or so lures now I believe they only offer spooks and jitterbugs. Also there for awhile you could only get the same 6 colors on lures under the "parent" umbrella no matter which "brand" you bought - thankfully we've got some variety back

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:47 AM »
My personal opinion is all the brands that are listed here that this company is buying are just mediocre anyway.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2018, 08:28 AM »
My personal opinion is all the brands that are listed here that this company is buying are just mediocre anyway.

Huh?
Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger      Mediocre?   I gotta disagree with that one.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2018, 05:40 AM »
Mancave, serious question, and not argumentative, but who are your top shelf co,s? wire

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Nov 09, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Huh? X2
<===Lefty===

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #19 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:07 AM »
Abu garcia and penn are rock solid reels..

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 09, 2018, 08:29 AM »
I think Pflueger reels are great and I love my Abu rods.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 09, 2018, 05:10 PM »
As long as they don't screw up my Mitchell, Stren, or Ugly Stik products, or the Select Angler program, I will be happy.  Crossing my fingers...
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2018, 06:51 AM »
As long as they don't screw up my Mitchell, Stren, or Ugly Stik products, or the Select Angler program, I will be happy.  Crossing my fingers...

To late on ugly stick when they switched from the original to the GX2 series.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2018, 07:07 AM »
To late on ugly stick when they switched from the original to the GX2 series.
Ya know I like the GX2 . Bought 2 of them last year and there is no need for a spring bobber on them. Very sensitive tips. I was seeing laker bites and did real good on Perch and Crappies with them. THis year I bought 2 of the Dock runners(non-GX2) for use on the Lakers. Seems to be pretty good rods and work well with my home made rip lippers.
<===Lefty===

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 10, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Ya know I like the GX2 . Bought 2 of them last year and there is no need for a spring bobber on them. Very sensitive tips. I was seeing laker bites and did real good on Perch and Crappies with them. THis year I bought 2 of the Dock runners(non-GX2) for use on the Lakers. Seems to be pretty good rods and work well with my home made rip lippers.

I was referring to the 7ft Medium ugly sticks for trolling walleye old ones were better

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Abu Garcia®, All Star®, Berkley®, Chub®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Johnson™, JRC®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, SpiderWire®, Stren®, and Ugly Stik®. All these brands
[/quote

...and under the Rapala umbrella we have VMC, Storm, Luhr-Jensen, Sufix, Blue Fox, Terminator, Williamson, Strikemaster, Marcum, Ice Force, and Trigger.

As we all know, or should know by now, big fish eat little fish.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #26 on: Nov 11, 2018, 08:20 AM »
[/quote

...and under the Rapala umbrella we have VMC, Storm, Luhr-Jensen, Sufix, Blue Fox, Terminator, Williamson, Strikemaster, Marcum, Ice Force, and Trigger.

As we all know, or should know by now, big fish eat little fish.

Or Terminator 3...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.