Author Topic: Enclosed trailer, haul atv or sled, also portable?  (Read 649 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Enclosed trailer, haul atv or sled, also portable?
« on: Oct 27, 2021, 04:01 PM »
I recently purchased a single axle 6‘ x 12‘ enclosed cargo trailer. I have an ATV and a snowmobile that I use for icefishing that I would plan to haul in the trailer (one at a time). My question is if anybody has set up a trailer like this with some type of rack that would sit above the four wheeler or ATV and allow for me to put portables on it. i’m guessing some sheets of plywood that would run for most of the length of the trailer, but you’d have to have some supports built in there as well as some thing on the sides of the trailer to rest those supports and plywood on. The goal would be to haul an ATV or snowmobile, and one to two portables on a second level within the trailer. Anybody done anything like this?

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Enclosed trailer, haul atv or sled, also portable?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2021, 04:42 PM »
I have a similar sized trailer and would think you could come up with a workable solution

If yours is like mine and has aluminium supports every 16" or so from front to back, you should be able to tap into them for building a solid shelf

I will say from day one I wished mine was 7' wide. My 4-wheeler fits tight making it getting on it a challenge.

WS

Offline EricK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2021, 01:58 AM »
I'm working on the same thing as you right now, I'm going to use the E track on the walls with the brackets that hold a 2x4 across ways, place them just far enough that the shack will sit down in them a bit.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2021, 09:26 AM »
If you can figure out how to make some slides that stick out from the sides of the trailer leaving a gap just wide enough to catch the lip of your sled, you can drive the ATV in without hitting your head on the shelf, then slide the sled in like a drawer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.