Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607494 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23820 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Father’s Day!

Wishing all of the Dads a very Happy Father’s Day today!   :thumbsup:
   My IPad is MIA this morning, catch up to you a little later!   ;D

Cawfee’s on! 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23821 on: Jun 20, 2021, 09:57 AM »
Good morning everyone.
 I want to wish all the 9:45’er fathers a very happy Father’s Day. 
I hope those who can spend time with your kids have a great day......

Dot Guests: 183
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users: 1
Dot Users Online:
user Raquettedacker     

Maybe start calling it the 5:30 am on a sunday thread.    ::) ::) ::) ::)

I was busy fishing at 530am  ;) Got a decent mixed bag yesterday afternoon and again this morning. Had some catfish and rock bass as well as walleye, bluegill, white bass, smallmouth bass, sunfish, redhorse, and what I think was a giant fathead minnow 🤨

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23822 on: Jun 20, 2021, 01:53 PM »
Good afternoon, happy father's day to all the dads among the 9:45 group also welcome to the first day of Summer 2021. I made the trip to my sister and BIL's home in northern NJ. early yesterday afternoon around 3PM we went out to a local restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner Father's day celebration. It felt strange to be dining inside a restaurant again my first time in over a year.
Zcm-28 nice to read you are seeing some cooler temperatures and that the fishing has been productive on your last few trips.
Fish/hunt4ever glad your grandmother's funeral went well and you got to reconnect with family members you had not see for some time. Congratulations on the walleyes. May the wife and you have a good week in Ohio.
Raquettedacker Happy father's day to you, I agree with Hunts2long leave this thread's name the same. may it not get to hot this Summer so it does not feel like being in an oven while inside the green houses.
Wallyworld please pass my father's day greetings on to Mr.WW and your son.
Hunts2long i think after next weekend you will start seeing more boats on GSL. Happy to read you had a nice dinner out with the family.
Eddie a happy father's day to you and your sons. I think a recent Pre-K graduate may know the location of your I-pad. ::) :whistle:

Everyone stay safe and healthy. Good fishing to all headed out this week.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23823 on: Jun 20, 2021, 09:19 PM »
Long day beginning at 12:30 AM local time, checking in, in the dark to a place I have never been to in 55 years.  Hit the jackpot allowed 1 Halibut, came in second place with mine and a bunch of Lingcod to take home. at home 6:10PM local time.  Hope all the Dad's had as good a time for the day as I did.

F4E its a shame it takes a funeral to bring folks together.

Edit:  got in a nap, and wore off some of the sea legs affect.  Side note to that charter trip it was a bit of a ride out 3 hours in the dark and a little bone jarring at times wind was kicking up some good waves from all sides. I now have a new candidate for dumbest fish.  The Lingcod, what was the setup was a 1/2 inch copper pipe 14 inches long loaded with led, and a tribble hook at its center, and clipped on the line at the end.  lowered to the floor, and jigged aggressively and at a depth of 550 feet, I guess at that depth its hard for them to see what it is, but they try to eat it anyway.  With that much weight it was hard to tell if you had a small one on.  Think its time for a glass of milk and chocolate chip cookies anyone ?

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23824 on: Jun 21, 2021, 04:48 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

52 with a high expected in the mid 60's. By mid week the guessers claim we will get back to the 90's and Mr. Muggy returns :%$#!:

Bud....Excellent report, awesome explanation of setup and technique :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad you had an good day :clap:

Zcm....Congratulations on a good fishing outing :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Hope you located the i-pad :roflmao:

It was a quiet weekend here. The girls are as ready as they can be to return to work ???

Yesterday we received a couple of showers. I doubt we got a 1/4" but we will take anything we get :thumbsup:

I picked up a tree job on Saturday so am planning to knock that off today.

First order of business is to squeeze in a walk.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23825 on: Jun 21, 2021, 05:14 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                             It's 61* and sprinkling but it's suppose to clear up to partly cloudy. ::)
                             Marv........Good luck with the tree job. :flex: Yes a 1/4" isn't much to replenish the low water table. :whistle:
                             Bud.........I'm glad to see that you had a great fishing trip, 550' is a lot of line to reel in.  :whistle: Do the Lingcod put up much of a fight? ???
                             H2l..........I'm glad you had a nice steak dinner, did you go to the Raindancer Restaurant ? ???
                             Zcm........Good job on you fishing. :clap:
                             Eddie......I hope the i-pad  has showed up. :unsure:
                             Raquette....It's nice to see you dropping by, this is a great thread the way it is. lol :roflmao:
                             Yesterday I stained the railing a spindles on 3/4 of the porch. Spindles are a PIA.
                             Today I have a dentist appointment getting fitted for a new bridge. Then I have and oil change on my truck, 100,000 miles. I have it changed
                    every 5000 miles.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23826 on: Jun 21, 2021, 05:36 AM »
63* and some clouds around.
Mr. C, glad you had a nice dinner and a good trip into NJ.
IFF, sounds like a good trip, lots of fish.
IW, I too, hate those spindles. We went to Dick and Pegs over by Pecks Lake. Family run, only open 3 days a week and NO walk ins. They are booked every weekend.

Report from Sat. GSLFF contest. Walleye 20", SMB 19" and trout 16". Only 2 trout were entered.
A friend and his son did their Fathers Day fishing trip on Sunday. Their first time out and they did well. They got 9 walleyes up to 19", some perch up to 12" and quite a few bass. Of course he called me as soon as he got home to rub it in. I told him I expected them to do well with all the BAD reports I have been giving him, he knew right where NOT to fish. He got all the fish 6 to 15 fow, trolling silver spinners at .08 mph.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23827 on: Jun 21, 2021, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....congrats on a great day of fishing  :thumbsup:  hope the arms aren't too achy this morning  :flex:

IW......bet you're glad the spindles are in the rear view now  ;)2  are you babysitting any of the grandkids this summer  ???

H2L....nice of you to narrow the search for your friend  :roflmao:  are the derby results pretty typical  ???

WS....enjoy the break in the weather while it lasts  :clap:  fingers crossed more rain comes your way soon   :unsure:

MrC.....glad you had a nice visit with your sister and b-i-l  :thumbsup:  it does seem strange at times doing "normal" activities again  :blink:

ZCM......congrats on the catch  :clap:

FH4......nice you were able to reconnect with your relatives   :thumbsup:   sorry it had to be at a funeral tho  :'(

Eddie.....hope you had a good day yesterday and were able to find your i-pad  :woot:

Supposed to be 90* with high humidity, t-storms later, tomorrow in the low 60s for a high  ::)  hoping to get the boat out mid week Mother Nature willing  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23828 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:41 AM »
unfortunately it is not them not getting together, most of the time it is me and all the time I do not have available to go and do things, or just too darn tired and want to stay home with the wife and kids.  They used to hunt up where we do most the time and we usually got to spend time together up there but since they hunt another area we do not have that time anymore either.  Just the way things seem to go these days, too much work and not as much planning to do things together anymore.  But need to try and do better.  Well made it out to Ohio, trip went good now to hopefully get a good week of training in.  Have a good one and hopefully everyone can get out and enjoy some time on the water or doing something they love to do.  Marv good luck on the tree, hope it goes fast for you and you do not get to sore from the work.  IFF that looks like a good time fishing, now hopefully you can get your boat off the trailer and do some fishing out of your boat.  Have a good start of the week everyone.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23829 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:46 AM »
Mid 60's to start the day.The guessers had the 40's for a low. They sure missed with that guess. We had rolling thunder for a lot of the night. Hardly got any rain out of that. Kind of reminds me of politicians. A lot of talk and no results.

The southern part of the state got plenty of rain, over 3 inches in places. There was a possible tornado touch to down in one place.

IFF That is a lot of line to reel in. The halibut look like good eating size. When my  brother got one of the huge ones on while fishing in AK he would  get it close to the boat then he would cut it off as he did not like the big ones to eat.

ww. It  does not look like there will be any fresh cherry pie for me this year. When I drove a half mile next to a cherry orchard I did not see enough cherries to make a pie. I could not see much for apples either any place.

Don't look for Lake Ontario to come up much in the near future. We are not getting  much rain to send your way. They breached a dam one time over here. The stupid city waited a until the dam was closed to put in a new launch ramp instead of doing it when the water was gone.

Time to get breakfast then go get some groceries. The wife has her knee replaced on Thursday. I was going to use the same doctor to do mine. After all the problems she has gone through getting all of the test she needs done for him, I will be going with another doctor. The hospital he does surgery at will not accept  tests from the system her doctor her doctor is part of.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23830 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:48 AM »
The thing about getting the cod in is they don't seem to tire at all and any pause in reeling gives them the chance to head shake off .  See a lot lost right at the surface. No "bait" at all was used.  The Halibut were all from a depth of 750 plus feet. and bait was small fish for bait with double single hooks.

WW surprisingly no tired arms from all the reeling. Feel like I could do it all over again today  :flex: :flex: :flex: seeing how the limit of One Halibut per fishermen and only 5 rods in the water at a time, plenty of time to watch.  The limit on fishermen for the boat was 16, I was the last one to sign in, so had to wait for an open rod.  When one was landed then the next in line maned a rod. Captain had his hands full maintaining the boats drift.  More than one couldn't believe my age, I even spelled some teenagers with reeling in empty lines so the Captain could power back up wind/waves for another drift.

Tom right AK sizes can run much larger when it comes to Halibut.  Now time for a good breakfast.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23831 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  72* and muggy under partly cloudy skies this am, high of 85 here today. Looking like some thunderstorms moving in late afternoon/evening.

Wally…hope Mr.WW enjoyed his day yesterday, will be watching the weather this week also for a boat trip.  :thumbsup:  Did your garden start to perk up?
  H2…thanks for sharing the GSL results, nice job helping out your buddy and his son with the fishing info. Sounds like shallow and slow is the ticket!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…agreed, spindles are a PITA! Sounds like the staining project is moving along well, nice!   :thumbsup:  Any plans of taking the pontoon out again this week?
  Marv…hope the girls first day back goes by quickly, they had a great trip!   :clap:  Glad you got some rain finally, crazy weather out that way! Good luck with today’s tree job, be careful with the saws!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…awesome job with the fishing, some serious deep water!!  :clap: :flex:  Imagine your arms must be a little sore this morning. Thanks for sharing your trip and the techniques, enjoy the fillets!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad you got to visit your family down in NJ, very nice!  :thumbsup:   Seems getting back to normal is the new abnormal for most of us, lol.  :blink:
  Z…nice job on the catching, sounds like the bite is on!   :clap:

Hope everyone enjoyed their Father’s Day yesterday! 
  We had a pleasant day here. Weather was good, food was good, and the entire family was together for a short period of time….can’t ask for much more than that.  The IPad reappeared not long after I posted yesterday morn, dead as a door nail, lol. When I asked my granddaughter why Pop’s IPad wasn’t put back where it belongs, she giggled and said she forgot. Ended up giggling right with her…it was an honest answer!   ;D
  Cawfee’s still on if anyone needs a pick me up!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23832 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:32 PM »
Eddie:  Arms, ???  actually not hurting at all.  Must mean I am in better shape than even I think, I am.
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23833 on: Jun 22, 2021, 04:54 AM »
48° and foggy this morning here... quite a drastic turnaround considering it was 91 Sunday afternoon. Forecast highs are 75-80 all week, which are a welcome change from that 90s crap we'd been having.

Not sure how much fishing I'll get in this week. My Dad had emergency surgery Sunday night, and he's still critical, so it sort of depends on how things shake out there. Took a vaca day and went down to the hospital yesterday (2 hour drive each way) to see him. He was conscious and talking, but hopped up halfway to Mars on sedatives and painkillers. Doctors expect him to get out in a week or two as long as he stabilizes. That wasn't really how I was planning to kick off my week, but it could be worse.

Hope the weather and fish cooperate for everyone 😁

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23834 on: Jun 22, 2021, 05:13 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 59* and cloudy, we had .45" of rain yesterday. Only a high of 65* for today. ::)
                          Eddie..........I'm glad the i-pad finally appeared. :roflmao:  Glad to read you had a good family gettogether. :thumbsup: I might try
                to take my friend Jon out on Friday. :thumbsup:
                          Marv...........How did your tree job go? ???
                          Bud............I'm glad that your arms are still going strong after all that reeling. :flex:
                          H2l.............I've never been to that restaurant, Pecks Lake is a ways to go to have dinner. I'm glad you had a good meal. :clap:
                          Steve.........it was nice that you were able to spend some time with your sister and BIL. :thumbsup:
                          Wally..........When is your next trip out? ???
                          Yesterday dental appointment turned in to a surprise, the dentist had to extract a tooth, she did make me a temporary bridge but
                I won't get the permanent on until July 14th, they said I need time for healing.
                           I'm not sure what's going on today, maybe a puttering day in the celler.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23835 on: Jun 22, 2021, 05:40 AM »
Good morning ZCM, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

48 degrees, slowly getting to 80 by the afternoon.

ZCM....Prayers and best wish to your Dad. Hope he makes a quick recovery  :thumbsup:

IW.... Best of luck to you and Jon if you get out Friday. The tree job went great.

WW.....It sounds like you are on the weather roller coaster like we are :cookoo:

45....Hope all is well with you Sir!

I will have to check back later. I have an early bird oil change in a bit so have to get motoring.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup:Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23836 on: Jun 22, 2021, 05:44 AM »
61* and heading for 64*. Got up to 90* yesterday, most of the storm went North of us.
WW, they do enter a lot of bass in the Summer contest. It is always 1st day of bass season. Most years the biggest is in the 19 to 20 inch range. Walleyes usually are in the 20 to 22 inch range, once in a while a bigger one is caught. The trout is what surprised me. They stock a lot but very few are ever caught, I think the pike like them. The summer contest doesn't have perch or pike. I don't think many fished it this year.

IW, glad all went well at the dentist.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23837 on: Jun 22, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

ZCM.......sorry to hear about your Dad, wishing him a speedy complete recovery  :(

IW.....how's your M-i-L doing  ???

WS......picked up almost 3/4" of rain in about 15 minutes last evening and temps dropped about 20*  :o 

H2L.....Lake Erie just wrapped up their annual walleye week long tourney, pays out 200 places, last I heard there was only 168 fish entered (26" minimum)   :wacko:

Eddie....not sure what's up with the garden  :blink:  hoping it's going to take off pretty soon   :unsure:

IFF.....glad the arms held up, just reeling in those lures is a workout :flex:  any luck finding a launch for your boat yet  ???

Overcast cool morning  :clap:  at least the house finally got below 80*  :thumbsup:  tomorrow looks like a good day to hit the water for a bit  ;)2

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23838 on: Jun 22, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning ER's

zcm yeah best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad.

Was on a bit ago, went to check local weather on the I-Phone but it wasn't able to hook up so back to the laptop, surprised to see guessers calling for 100 this weekend in Great North West.  Dave you better watch the weather, could be heading your way ???

Checking with Nephew he's telling me Salmon runs have hit the Columbia, he is at Longview WA so might just be heading his way.  Know there is a good Kokanee lake down his way as well.  He also said something about evening fishing an out going tide ???  wonder what those targets would be ???.

Now that I see the temp here at 59 will open up some windows and cool off the house.

Pat, I might forget about hitting the sound and opt for chasing the Salmon in the fresh water lake or ???  :unsure: not sure which yet.

take care all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23839 on: Jun 22, 2021, 08:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  61* with light rain falling, low 60’s for a high today.

Bud…safe travels to the next fishing spot, hope the salmon bite is hot and heavy!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…we picked up about 1/2” of rain here, it came down hard like you mentioned when it moved in for sure. Hope the garden perks up this week, might be a good time to hit it with some fertilizer again after this rain.   :thumbsup:
  H2…very surprised about the trout in your reservoir, would figure they would take hold with so many being stocked every year….you might be right about the pike putting a hurting on them!  :thumbsup: 
  Marv…hope your tree job went well and the ladies made it through day 1 ok!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Jeff…best of luck to you and Jon this week, hope the new fish finder performs well.  :thumbsup:  Good day for inside catching up work….better weather coming!
  Z…best wishes/thoughts and prayers sent for your Dad on a quick recovery.  :thumbsup:
  Tom…best wishes sent to your wife on her knee surgery, hope she’s doing well.   :thumbsup:

Going to take a ride with my wife and granddaughter soon down to the old workplace and go to the NYS Museum for a little day trip today. Of course, McDonalds was suggested for some lunch.  ;D.   Believe 3 of our old crew members are working for another contractor down there, might see if I can sneak in a quick hello if the weather clears up some by then.
  Time to get a move on, Cawfee’s still hot!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23840 on: Jun 22, 2021, 08:56 PM »
Good evening thunder storm came through around 9;30 PM on Monday and rain earlier  today temperature did drop so that is a plus.
IFF glad you had a good time on the charter trip and got into some ling cod and a halibut. Best to you with any salmon fishing.
Whopper Stopper good to read your tree job was problem free. May the higher temperatures and humidity not stay around your area for to long. I hope the "Girls" did not find a pile of work waiting for them at their respective jobs.
Ice Wanderer staining /painting spindles can be tedious good that you have that part of the house staining behind you. Best to you and Jon if you get out in the pontoon boat.
Hunts2long thank you for sharing the report from GSLFF summer fishing contest
Wallyworld may you get a fishing trip in this week.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you and the wife arrived safely in Ohio. May it be a good work week for you.
Tomturkey may all go well with your wife's surgery on Thursday.
Eddie nice that your whole family could get together for a few hours on Father's Day. I figured the I-pad would show up eventually and probably with a dead battery. I hope you had a good visit to the NYS museum today.
Zcm-28 prayer said for your father may he make a full recovery from the surgery .
OldSailor,Capt.Jim may both of you and your families be doing well. I hope your father's Day were good with some time spent with the family.
Icefisher-45 may all be good with you and your wife.

Everyone have a good night. Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23841 on: Jun 23, 2021, 04:36 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick good morning before hitting the lake  :clap

TT.....best of luck to MrsTT on her surgery tomorrow  ;)   that's a shame the cherry crop is a bust  :(

IFF.....good luck if you decide to go after the salmon  :thumbsup:

MrC.....it was in the mid 40s last night, great sleeping weather  @)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23842 on: Jun 23, 2021, 04:52 AM »
45* and looks like a nice day on the way.
WW, hope you find some active fish. Lindsay and I are going out on Friday.
Eddie, how did the trip into Albany go. I see that just about everything has opened back up.
Not much planned around here today.
Have a good "hump day" and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23843 on: Jun 23, 2021, 04:55 AM »
Don't suppose it made national news or not but there was an 3.2 earth quake about 17 miles from where I am at here in Washington

56* at this hour, and like most are having is more roller coaster temp swings.  got a camp sight scheduled for Thursday at what I am told is a good Kokanee producing lake.  Will head over there early Thursday morning at first light and locate a boat launch.  Then I plan on heading to Longview, WA and get some pointers for the Columbia river and the other species of Salmon, and Steelhead that are reported to be running, chasing Steelhead's in my teen years was always my favorite.

woke up with some sniffles, hope it doesn't turn into a head cold, so will raid the med cabinet shortly  ;D

Hope everyone is off to a good start today

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23844 on: Jun 23, 2021, 05:27 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 46* and clear here on my hill. The weather looks good for the next3 days. ::)
                          Wally........Good luck out on the lake today.  :thumbsup: My MIL had to go back in the hospital yesterday, her heart rate elevated and
               BP was up.  :unsure:
                          Eddie........Sounds like a a good day down at the capital with your wife and granddaughter. :clap:
                          Bud...........I hope you find a good boat ramp near the campground. :thumbsup:
                          Marv..........I hope your oil change went well and they didn't find anything else wrong. :thumbsup:
                          H2l............Friday looks like another good day to be out on the lake. :flex:
                          Steve.........Unfortun ately Jon has his MIL coming for a visit on Thursday and has to hang around the house. Not sure what I will do. :unsure:
                          Fish...........I hope everything goes smoothly with the training and there are no hiccups with the system. :flex:
                          Yesterday I was able to get a piece of aluminum to make a bracket to mount my fish finder on, so today I will mount it to my boat.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23845 on: Jun 23, 2021, 05:34 AM »
WW what are your targets today ?? Good luck
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23846 on: Jun 23, 2021, 06:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  A refreshing 48* this am, nice sunny day on the way with a high of 68. 

Bud….you’re getting quite an adventure out of this trip with the travels, fishing, and now an earthquake under your belt!  :flex:  Safe travels tomorrow and hope the Kokanee’s are hungry!   :thumbsup:
  H2…we scratched yesterday’s trip to the Museum, heading there this morning with the nicer weather and the Farmers Market is going on again.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, beautiful day to be out!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…the drop in temperatures and humidity/dew points since Sunday has been nice…probably won’t last long, but we’ll take it!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…sorry to read your MIL had another setback, will keep her in thoughts and prayers today.  Hope the new mount for the fish finder works out well and you can still get a trip in this week/weekend.    :thumbsup:
  Tom…best wishes to your wife with tomorrow’s surgery.   :thumbsup:

Sent a text to one of my buddies yesterday working down at the old workplace to find out where they were working. They got rained out early. We decided to hold off on going down to the Museum until today…much nicer day, Farmers Market, and I have a couple things I wanted to drop off to the guys. Made some garlic butter from a recipe I found using the scapes of the garlic plants…it actually came out really good!
  The garden is doing pretty good, some of the peppers are finally starting to come along, cucumbers, broccoli, and zucchini plants seem to have doubled in size the last few days….tomatoes are still slow.
  Well, time for some breakfast and getting ready for our little adventure, lol….Cawfee’s still hot!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23847 on: Jun 23, 2021, 07:58 AM »
Way nicer temperature wise this morning. 47* It was 35* yesterday. They hit 32* not far north of me.

ZCM Hopefully your father is improving from his emergency surgery. I know all about the effect of meds on people. When my mother fell and broke her hip she was off the wall from the pain killers. My brother called her from AK. He called me and said I had better go check on her as she told him her cat was climbing the wall in her room. I laughed and told him it was because of the pain killers.

IW Hopefully they get your MIL's problem straightened out quickly.

IFF Hoping you can get into some fish. I think it was the Columbia river my brother flew down years ago with a helicopter. He said the river was black with fish.

The wife got the required covid test prior to her surgery yesterday. She made a copy of the negative results since the hospital where  her surgery does not like getting results from the place she had it done. She  still does not know the time her surgery is scheduled for. Hopefully it is later in the day as she wants to stay over night. The surgery is scheduled as out patient meaning she goes home. If it is later in they day they should let her stay over night.

Time for a late breakfast. Then see if I can accomplish some thing?

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23848 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:10 AM »
He seemed a wee bit better yesterday. I'm going to call and see how he is doing sometime today in the next couple hours.

The fact that he has been a 2-3 pack a day smoker for 60 years and has generally eaten enough to choke an elephant since he retired 10 years ago isn't helping his recovery 😒

65° and lightly raining here this morning. Looks like we are in for some off and on rain the next week or so, if the forecast is accurate. We've been pretty dry the past week or two, so we could use it, as long as it isn't big downpours. May go down to the river a bit after work this afternoon if these showers clear off like they're supposed to.

IFF - there was a small quake here a few days ago, too. The center was actually about 60 miles southeast of here in Indiana, but it was felt clear up north of here another 20-30 miles. I was driving home from work at the time, so I didn't notice it. I slept through the last one we had here about 10 years ago... I miss all the good stuff  :roflmao:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23849 on: Jun 23, 2021, 02:46 PM »
IFF…….walleye was the target today, boated 4  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.