Author Topic: Thompson dam NE CT  (Read 814 times)

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thompson dam NE CT
« on: Dec 13, 2013, 11:25 AM »
I only had time to check one area 50-100 yards from the ramp. checked from right off of shore to about 40ft out and it was the same, two hard wacks with the spud and it went through. I'd say about 2.5'' thick. Might be 3'' by tomorrow. I checked another body of water 15 min or so south of the dam, kinda a secret spot I don't wanna throw out there but it had the same around 2.5'' black ice

Offline mhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Thompson dam NE CT
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I used to fish Long Pond years ago and had to hike in from the Thompson side. I see there is a housing development on the Mass side, do you know if Long Pond is accessible from the housing development. I live down in SE CT s it is tough for me to take a scouting trip that far. Thanks

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2013, 01:36 PM »
mhunter, Ive never fished long pond. I go to church right by there so i'll check it out on sunday and let you know.

Offline mhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2013, 03:50 PM »
We used to call it Thompson Pond but I think it is officially called long pond. It is on border of ct & ma

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2013, 04:49 PM »
yup, it's called long pond on google maps. How's the fishing there?  I've fished school house pond a lot but never long pond.

Offline mhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:03 PM »
I haven't fished there in a few years because it was a hike to get through the wood. Fishing was ok nothing great, probably why I haven't been back in awhile. On google maps there is a housing development on MA side. If I can get to long pond from the development I would give it another try but not worth hour plus ride to find out you have to hike in from Thompson side

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.