Author Topic: What Are You Adding This Year?  (Read 40582 times)

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
Re: What Are You Adding This Year?
« Reply #90 on: Oct 16, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Havent added anything yet but I'm looking at new flip overs never had one but will the year and maybe getting a power auger getting to old to hand crank. LOL
My Daddy always said keep it simple stupid. Words to live by

Offline saltyfly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Oct 17, 2014, 08:00 AM »
Just bought a new Marcum showdown 5.6 to replace my trusty and much loved Vx-1p so I'm excited to give that a try this season.  Also got a schapell shelter carrier bracket for my ATV.. should be nicer than my homemade one I rube goldberged together a couple seasons ago.  Also, over the summer I setup the heater to run off of a 1 gallon propane tank, so I think that will be nicer than having to change out the little tanks a couple times a day.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #92 on: Oct 17, 2014, 08:16 AM »
  Also got a schapell shelter carrier bracket for my ATV.. should be nicer than my homemade one I rube goldberged together a couple seasons ago.  Also, over the summer I setup the heater to run off of a 1 gallon propane tank, so I think that will be nicer than having to change out the little tanks a couple times a day.

I got the Shappell ATV shelter rack last season ...good investment...put my 2man Frabill on it ...only thing I did change/add was a longer ratchet strap  ...also got the Shappell light weight tow bar good and inexpensive.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Oct 17, 2014, 08:28 AM »
hopefully some better luck on catching fish. bigger perch on Chautauqua lake would be nice.

Offline fishinchiro307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Oct 17, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Got a couple of tucrs and pflueger reels for my wedding so I;m excited to use those, also got some gift cards to cabelas so I'm thinking a new flasher, and some bibs for the Mrs.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #95 on: Oct 17, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Loaded up good last year.  ,however I just purchased tungsten powder to mix with lead , trying my hand at epoxy , tungsten/ lead mix jigs this year
I'm am pouring plastics now may invest into a few more molds .
I'll need a addition to the fishing room before to long .

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Oct 17, 2014, 11:29 PM »
Picked up a new power auger last season thinking about a new rod case, new gloves , and JM meat stick combo, and maybe a aqua vu Micro if i can talk my better half into it ☺️
Red screens and tight lines!!😀😀

Offline Link406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Oct 18, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Eskimo mako auger, frabill thermal trekker deluxe, flx28, waiting for the trick-sticks to come from cabelas, a bunch of CJS tackle, now I just need a couple new reels.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #98 on: Oct 18, 2014, 01:41 PM »
Kahtoola  the best Spikes out there ...also recommend Eskimo Ice anchors ...tried every anchor out there ...easy in and out no tool required .

I will argue the anchors. Try a set of digger ice angels paired with a cam buckle strap and you will never go back.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Oct 18, 2014, 05:01 PM »
Anybody use kahtoola (SP?) spikes?  Thinking about adding a pair.

pricey but worth it.  they are by far the best spikes on the market. Almost all of us on the Clam Pro Staff and Ice Team use them.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline deerhunterkyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Oct 18, 2014, 05:30 PM »
This year I am adding a Nils 8" (picked up for $10 on Craigs list), another frabill pop up, 2 cots, and a better heater. Going to test my fortitude for an entire weekend. We here in CT don't typically spend extended periods on the ice like some of the folks out west, but it sounds exciting!

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Oct 19, 2014, 02:31 AM »
I'm going to get a couple more custom rods and might just stick to the basics for a reel. I had some mitchell avocets do great for me last year. I'm getting more ice plastics for my arsenal and trying them more this year rather than the ol' trusty waxy. I think I've already spent enough money and we don't even have any ice yet!! I'm getting a Tuned Up Custom Rod Precision Noodle with Split grip as well as a T7 custom quick tip rod with split grip. I'm excited for first ice to give them a try!! I'll be putting my ice gear to use soon when the crappie start chilling under the docks! Can't wait!
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Oct 19, 2014, 03:37 AM »
For me I think a new battery for the vexilar will do it.  Unless it wants to go thru its 8th year.

Offline BRIFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Oct 19, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Gonna get a new Bay Runner next week

luv2fish2

« Reply #104 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:12 AM »
so i got clam auger plate and milwaukee fuel hammer drill, i think i will like that setup.I  just ordered an extension and plano take down gun case for a rod case . i was thinking of a pop up shelter like the fatfish insulated i wanna checkem out in person first .

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:58 AM »
Friday< the mail brought 3 DH Custom Rods. 1 Ai Dente & 2 Perch Pounders. Nice !!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #106 on: Oct 19, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Just ordered two new 38" laker rods and reels for them. Also ordered an I fish pro tip up and a bunch of rapala ripin raps, trigger x plastics, vmc tumbler spoons, and some vmc sure set trebles. I'm excited to try them out. Now I'm thinking about buying another rod case for my longer laker rods and then splitting up my gear between Lakers and pan fish so I'm not packing around a bunch of stuff that I don't need.

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Oct 19, 2014, 05:34 PM »
New Arctic Armor camo suit and new Clam Legend XL thermal. New propane auger if lake erie gets good ice like last winter.

Offline Toxicityy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Oct 19, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Getting the Jiffy Pro 4 10 inch auger.  Im pretty excited about that! 
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Oct 19, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Anybody use kahtoola (SP?) spikes?  Thinking about adding a pair.

After using just about every spike/cleat out there I bought my dad a pair of Kahtoolas a few years ago after he had his knee replaced.... best purchase ever,,,

Offline evers21g

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Lets see...what have I added this year.  Well, first, I added a username to Iceshanty because that is a necessity.  Also added a new Clam Denali TC flip out ice shack, a brand new jiffy 8" propane auger, a Frabill ice suit, Frabill FXE gloves, knit hat, Vexilar FLX 28 fish finder, 13 Fishing Tickle Stick L action, Dave Genz Ice Spooler Elite reel to go with the Tickle Stick, Clam Arctic Warrior tip up, so far over 150 new jigs and spoons, a Wright and McGill 36" medium action split handle rod, Baffin Wolf snow boots rated to -148 degrees (my feet got cold last year...not happening again), No. 8 Tackle CGi reel, and I think that's about it for now.  As you can tell, I'm a little pumped up for the season to get here in Iowa.  Thinking I may cut myself off for a while.  Haha.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #111 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Welcome aboard evers21g! Sounds like the bug has gotten you good.

Offline evers21g

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:44 PM »
Welcome aboard evers21g! Sounds like the bug has gotten you good.
Thanks.  I'd say you are probably right.  I think this bug is harder on my pocket book than a girlfriend.

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:48 PM »
I will be getting a new flasher this year. The old one still works but it will be nice to have two for when i bring out a friend. A couple new rods, jigs and I will be giving the fly reels a chance this year.

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Oct 20, 2014, 07:59 AM »
New Arctic Armor camo suit and new Clam Legend XL thermal. New propane auger if lake erie gets good ice like last winter.

Hope you have a machine to pull that there plows just a heads up

Offline Perch Sniper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #115 on: Oct 20, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Just sold my Frabill Outpost hub, Shappell s2000,  and custom enclosed jet sled to buy a mint condition used Frabill trekker deluxe; can't wait to fish out of a flip-over! Last year added an aqua vu micro, garmin gps, eskimo powerhead, 8" Nils and a cherry 95 Arctic Puma deluxe to pull it all with. They're calling for another serious winter here in NW MI and with water temps already near 50 we should have early ice (I just need to put some walleyes in the freezer before that happens).

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Oct 20, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Hope you have a machine to pull that there plows just a heads up

Reason im getting the clam legend is because of how compact they are. My friends have those as well and we can get 4 of those in the back of the suburban. We all have hitches for them to hook up to the atv when we head up to St. Clair, Simcoe, and erie last year. I have been pulling a 2 man flip eskimo for years so this will be a lightweight compared to that!

Offline Elrik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Oct 20, 2014, 09:22 PM »
My ice armor arrived today. Really happy with the fit, looking forward to trying it out. After checking it out my wife is now looking for the ladies version as she sees how it would definately help her enjoy being out more. And here i thought she would yell at me for buying it!  ;D

Offline Trapper-Randy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Oct 21, 2014, 10:29 AM »
About the only thing I am gonna add is an old Lowrance depth finder and maybe another pole and reel.

T-R

Offline Dirty P

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Oct 22, 2014, 09:01 AM »
some new bait
Remember what grandpa would always say. " Where's the beer? and you call yourself a fisherman!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.