Author Topic: What Are You Adding This Year?  (Read 40582 times)

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What Are You Adding This Year?
« Reply #180 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:02 AM »
Buddy heater,  new Vex ducer,  lots more jigs and spoons,  and hoping to build a Smitty sled,  but I'm having trouble finding anyone with used snow skis.   :-\

Offline Big Red Shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #181 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:20 AM »
Buddy heater,  new Vex ducer,  lots more jigs and spoons,  and hoping to build a Smitty sled,  but I'm having trouble finding anyone with used snow skis.   :-\

Check Goodwill, I went there and got a pair for $10.. I also got 2 almost brand new Beaver Dams for $4 each!!

Offline NY_BLUES

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:39 AM »
I added a few jaw jackers with new ugly stick rods, a marcum showdown 5.6 dual beam, a new buddy heater, and I built a smitty sled.  I have to say that I wish I would have built one before I made the 3 mile walk onto lake erie last year! I tried it out this morning in the new snow and it pulls like a dream!

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #183 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Check Goodwill, I went there and got a pair for $10.. I also got 2 almost brand new Beaver Dams for $4 each!!

Thanks for the tip!  I'll look at some thrift stores.

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #184 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:51 AM »
A beagle
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:57 AM »
A beagle
;D ;D :thumbsup: Best dang rabbit dogs on the planet!
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #186 on: Nov 14, 2014, 07:00 AM »
An Ontario shanty, a couple of smitty sleds and a nils auger.
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #187 on: Nov 14, 2014, 07:18 AM »
A brand spankin new Jiffy Pro 4, 9" propane auger, a Frabill Magnum shanty and the topping,  a brand new Polaris 570 ATV, Momma says its time to quit  ::), I said of course honey :o, getting cold here in the Buckeye state, 19 this morning, below freezing all week, Cmon Ice, happy fishin to all, Mike

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Nov 14, 2014, 11:16 AM »
Reason im getting the clam legend is because of how compact they are. My friends have those as well and we can get 4 of those in the back of the suburban. We all have hitches for them to hook up to the atv when we head up to St. Clair, Simcoe, and erie last year. I have been pulling a 2 man flip eskimo for years so this will be a lightweight compared to that!

If you think pulling an a 2 man is hard I'm telling you wait until you pull that legend there basically a square sled with a lot of weight so they sink in the snow really bad

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #189 on: Nov 14, 2014, 12:10 PM »
A beagle

Can't go wrong there!! I've always had a beagle by my side since I was about 10 and likely always will...

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
« Reply #190 on: Nov 14, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Little Buddy, a second(older)Genz Fish Trap, a ton of tackle, a pair of Cabelas pac boots w/two sets of liners and a Eskimo QF3.
It is what it is....

Offline MNDan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Nov 14, 2014, 02:21 PM »
I'm thinking about assembling one of these kits since I already have a 7" lazer and a drill...

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/clam/augers/conversion-kit/ice-auger-conversion-kit-drill-plate.html

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
« Reply #192 on: Nov 14, 2014, 04:02 PM »
I'm thinking about assembling one of these kits since I already have a 7" lazer and a drill...

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/clam/augers/conversion-kit/ice-auger-conversion-kit-drill-plate.html
I myself made a adapter bit last year. Just know that the larger the auger blade, the less hole you will get per battery. I used a 6" but hoping to get a 5" auger being I mostly go after panfish.
It is what it is....

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Professional Ice Guide, Tournament Angler, TV Host
« Reply #193 on: Nov 14, 2014, 05:10 PM »
First arrival of the big brown truck this hard water season came yesterday with many more that I can't afford soon to come I'm sure lol. We have a lead ban approaching in NH so it's time to start switching the jigs.

You will love the PK'S!!!
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS
New England's Only Authorized Representative for SnoBear Vehicles!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
« Reply #194 on: Nov 14, 2014, 07:47 PM »
GOOD LUCK    and let me know how they work for you. also i have pics of my colors but need to get me friend over to help me resize them, way too big to post...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #195 on: Nov 14, 2014, 07:58 PM »
I hope to add more time on the ice and get more use out of the stuff I already have. ;D

Offline Cousteau

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #196 on: Nov 15, 2014, 12:02 PM »
New bibs and new fishfinder.  Sold one of my boats and included Lowrance HDS5 which I used on ice and swapped between boats.  Will get another Lowrance.  Got new propane stove.  Maybe new boots and goggles.  Goggles are awesome on the cold windiest days.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #197 on: Nov 15, 2014, 12:59 PM »
shappell atv rack
double H tip up locker
clam corner console
eskimo ice anchor install tool
and a ht polar fire auger 8 inch will see how it does i cut the ice breakers off it so it will cut faster....like a finbore but only time will tell... mite change out the blade to some swedish made lazer blades. once every one gets there out..   

Offline LateSeason

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #198 on: Nov 15, 2014, 07:00 PM »
The Snitch with a 6061.   Excited to get out with it, feels like a great setup.
Picked up the 6061 today at the Hardwater Expo in Blaine for $80.  Joe's had 20% off almost everything.

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #199 on: Nov 16, 2014, 03:27 AM »
Wasn't going to add anything other then a 13 fishing ticklestick this year but came across a good deal(I thought) on a Eskimo Quickfish 3i. Probably have to sell something to keep the wife off my back,. Promised her I was done after buying the ticklestick. Be nice to be able to fish two in instead of yelling back and forth between 2 one man portables all the time.

Offline mrotho2002

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • true
« Reply #200 on: Nov 16, 2014, 03:46 AM »
Lx7 going to use it tomorrow crazy excited
Team walleyice

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #201 on: Nov 16, 2014, 05:14 AM »
YA You should be. Can't wait to get out and use my 7 again this year.

Offline Chub58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #202 on: Nov 16, 2014, 10:08 AM »
Went all in this year!!Cabelas 360tc hub,vex flx28
Stryker predator suit and a few new rod reel combos.
Did I mention a divorce ha ha good luck to all.
Hut - Cabelas 360tc
Sonar - Vexilar double vision fl20 DTD flx28
Rods - Custom
Lure - Fiskas tungsten
Ride - 07' Polaris 700 dragon
Auger - Clam conversion Dewalt 20v Mora 6"

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #203 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Just do what I do, turn your wife loose in a clothing store and tell her, "go nuts honey" and then run over to Gander or Bass Pro and do the same!! 

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
« Reply #204 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Lx5, polaris 440, clam denali...its been a costly year
go hard or go home

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #205 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:30 AM »
MrHeater Buddy, handful of handmade lures, several rods of different weights and lengths (nothing too nice), fancy pre-mixed 2 cycle fuel to feed my auger, and I'm hoping for an inexpensive ATV to drag my gear out and tool around the lakes

Offline FourEyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #206 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:38 AM »
Added a pair of Polaris XLT's and a trailer.  No more walking out and sitting in one spot!  Also looking into a Lowrance Ice Machine... will keep the trusty fl-8 of course.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #207 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Probably gonna add another bb 6061 to the arsenal hopefully that will be it but I'm sure something will catch my eye eventually.  Also added a couple new laker and pan fish setups I am just finishing up building

Offline manderson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #208 on: Nov 17, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Just finally getting my own equipment this year, so I've gotta get a lot of stuff! I bought a few rods and tip ups so far, as well as some hardwater specific tackle, depth bombs, jigs, etc...

Anyone have suggestions for ice fishing odds/ends I may forget about before my first trip? I've got most of the big stuff covered.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #209 on: Nov 17, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Just finally getting my own equipment this year, so I've gotta get a lot of stuff! I bought a few rods and tip ups so far, as well as some hardwater specific tackle, depth bombs, jigs, etc...

Anyone have suggestions for ice fishing odds/ends I may forget about before my first trip? I've got most of the big stuff covered.

get a good gps for the lakes were you plan to fish  if not use maps and drill tons of holes. for measurements for  measuring depth... like read the map and walk in the direction you want to fish as deeper or shallower according  to the map and drill a hole every 10-15 foot till you hit the correct depth. if it seems to deep don't fish there we fish maximum 13-16 foot of water  for bottom fishing 1 foot off the bottom for pan fish .  if to shallow it is for pike like 3-6 foot deep that is a pike flat were pike chase small fish to eat up on to... try to start the hole drilling off shore a ways  kind of guesstimate  form maps were to start the dnr for michigan has maps with depth contours does your state? if not gps with depth contours most of the time you got  to buy soft ware for this so having a cell phone capable of this is needed...  some countries sell maps of single lakes mite be worth a shot too??  gps make life a lot easier if you ask me... some time with fresh snow you have to look at land mass to find your way back so like this fallen tree is one point to look at and this point of land that line up to it wile on the ice you walk down the center of the two till dead center of them then when you cone back you can use land as a reference also use land to find location by triangulating the same way off maps ..like said gps is a lot easier....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.