The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen Lovers  (Read 1202 times)

Offline hammerhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boysen Lovers
« on: Jan 05, 2007, 06:06 AM »
I see several guys on this forum who are regulars at Boysen and I would value their opinion. I retired and moved to Shoshoni reciently, and between fishing trips have been working on my rather run down house. The work on the house is coming to an end however so I'm looking for another project. Next door is an old duplex house that I have been thinking of buying and fixing up to rent or lease to sportsmen.

What would an out of town hunter/fisher like to see in a cabin by the lake? A lot of guys I talk to are looking for a place where they could leave their boat here. I think that the place should have pull through access, and maybe someday a covered boat house that is eventually lockable.

Ice fishermen, would I think, like a way to heat other than natural gas, like a pellet stove to avoid the hassles and a foolproof drainable water system. I can see a summer fisher would like an outside cleaning table, but an icefisher would prefer inside.

The house is pretty small, livingroom, kitchen, bedroom so I,m thinking that a couple of fold down beds in the living room would be good.

What else am I missing, other than keep it chiep. Do you think there is a market? Would monthly rent be the way to go or a long term lease so a guy could kind of customize it to suit himself? 

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
Re: Boysen Lovers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2007, 06:20 AM »
I think you would have better luck renting in the summer, but thats just me. In the winter season, you can ice fish all night and many do. I personally wouldn't drive all that way and not live on lake during the night. But like I said, thats just me. Sounds like you might be on to sumting though. There are always boats and such parked every evening at the one and only motel in Shoshoni. Good luck with whatever you come up with.
laters.

the cator
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2007, 04:33 PM »
There are plenty of guys I work with without campers that would be willing to rent a house for a week anytime of the year

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline hammerhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2007, 07:03 AM »
I wasn.t thinking of short term renting Mooter, but very long term, so a guy, or maybe a couple of guys could leave a boat here, and think of it as their cabin, and treat it like that. I know some people in the larger cities pay big money just to store their boats, and you see lots of boats stored around other lakes. why not rent a cabin too for not a lot more money.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2007, 09:29 AM »
...because if you rent it by the week, boat storage rentals seperate, you would get many more takers and make lots more $$$$. I've seen this done in other locations, he's right, by the week is better and you don't have to always be concerned about a fist-fight over the rent, 'cause you rent it a week-10 days at a time with the coins up-front. I've rented small apts to folks and believe me, half a dozen long-term renters and they're pretty much cut from the same mold.  >:( always a battle to collect
                                                         LT  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.