Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

carrying shanty on sled

(1/3) > >>

Uncle Al:
I live in Michigan and fish on Saginaw Bay. Every year mother nature puts her ugly face into the wind and turns the bay into a romper room. Shoves, busted ice, glare ice, slush, every winter is different, and you never know which one will be here. What you do know is that towing your shanty on the ice is going to wear holes in it, or completely destroy it. At the cost of these newer shantys no one wants to buy a new one every year, or other year, especially guys like me that are retired, and living on a budget. What I want to do is take the seat off my 96 polaris 2 up trail touring sled and put a short seat on it, and carry my shanty on the back where the seat was. No one ever rides on the back so I don't have anything there now but the seat. Anyone done this, or have pics of what I have in mind. thanks

chaumontriverguy:
If I fiquire out host to post pics without adding an account toy phone I have done it with an atv rack mounted on a utility snowmobile I have pics of it on my atv I just can't postem

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: chaumontriverguy on Aug 16, 2022, 06:39 PM ---If I fiquire out host to post pics without adding an account toy phone I have done it with an atv rack mounted on a utility snowmobile I have pics of it on my atv I just can't postem

--- End quote ---

then find your picture

TheLionsFan:
I also fish the Saginaw Bay and have thought about doing the same thing.  Not to mention you can probably get out and back quicker as well.

Iceassin:
If you're talking about a hub shanty this is what I did...

1.5" PVC. The flanges on the bottom of the sled were not found locally so I ordered them on line. They're called tabletop flanges. The sled is mounted on skis when transporting. The cross member of the "goalposts" sits about 15" above top of sled to make room for other gear inside of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version