Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

ice sled

(1/5) > >>

RAY_A.:
any suggestions on a good ice sled to hold jiffy 2 hp and regular gear ---reasonably priced. and possibly where to get one online

walleye4:
Get a jet sled!  You can get one out of Cabela's.  

George_B:
I was also looking into a new sled. About 15 years ago I bought a sled out of Cabelas, their was no name to it, but it beat the plastic toboggans and homemade (heavy) wooden boxes on skies that my friends were pulling. The measurements are about 55" x 50" x 5" and made out of polyethylene I guess like the plastic sleds made today. Seeing how much easier a narrow sled of today is able to go through deep snow and with its slightly higher sides, I'm looking for an advantage because the pulling power is provided by me pulling it. My choices that I am considering are the Otter II Sleds, www.otteroutdoors.com/sleds (Gander Mountain) and the Jet Sled, www.fish307.com/fish/shappell (local bait store). Both run about the same price and am leaning towards the Small Otter II (54"x26"x10" and 16 lbs., $44.99) just to be different.            George in Throop PA

Curley in Ct:
George ,I got a mini otterout of reedssport on line for 25 bucks +shipping.Last year I saw a guy with a jet sled. He put a plywood deck on it with a piano hinge.Kept the heavy stuff on top,fragile stuff on the bottom.Looks like i'm up-gradeing.lol

Maze1162:
Both the Jet Sled and the Otter are good buys.  SHop around for your best price.  Don't overlook ebay
                                Maze

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version