Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Got the LX3 back!!!!

(1/2) > >>

lowerunit:
Just got the LX3 delivered today, had the upgrade done. I can hardly wait to check it out!!!!  The people from Marcum got er done in record time considering the Xmas rush and all. Now my rant >:( >:( >:( UPS charges me as if it were a new unit ($200.00 US) so they charge me GST and get this almost $50 CDN for brokerage so in total over $85 CDN. This is an upgrade on a unit I own so I now have to get a refund who knows how long that will take. Everytime I order something from the US and UPS gets their hands on it, I get reamed :o :o I have no problems paying PST GST but when I already pay for shipping and then they add their BROKERAGE FEES I see RED!! Thanks for letting me rant. :P

icejunky:
Are we talking customs charges? Im slighty comfused. If so all you need to do is call them and have it straightened out. marcum should not have shipped the product as if it was new goods.

I had ordered a t-shirt on-line and when it was delivered the customs form looked like the guy filled in the price as $299 instead of $29.99...needless to say the the taxes were more then the value of the shirt. I got it straightened out.

bucketmouth:
I don't bother paying brokerage fees anymore... when I order something from the US I make sure it's sent USPS instead of courier and if it shows up via UPS then I send it back.  Courier companies are crooked.  I understand in this case it was your own unit so you should be able to get on the honker and get that sorted out right away. I'm thinking Marcum dropped the ball on that one.

bucket   

lowerunit:
Yeah Bucket your right Marcum screwed up on this, and I've already started the ball rolling and will get a refund. Couriers like UPS really put the screws to you, after already paying for shipping they have the nerve to charge me another $50.00  to deliver it from Windsor to my place. And I have had another problem with UPS so like you said I won't buy anything from the US unless its being shipped through the USPS.

joneser:
 >:( i too have been reamed by these ups fellas what is usps ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version