The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Flathead Area Help  (Read 871 times)

Offline bigsky

• IceShanty Rookie
Flathead Area Help
« on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:55 AM »
I am going to the Flathead area this weekend and would like to do some fishing. I don't have any contacts over there so its hard to get any reports on fishing and ice conditions. How is it getting around on the lakes? Is the ice still good? Is the slush too bad to get around? I was considering fishing Mary Ronan for perch or Swan Lake for lake trout. Can anyone give me reports on those lakes or recommend any other places to go? I am willing to fish for any species. I tried posting on the reports page but didn't get any help so I thought I would try here. I don't want to haul all my gear over there for nothing. I really appreciate any info, feel free to PM me.

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Flathead Area Help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Best to check with Snappy's sports, in Kalispell they will have updated info. Sorry, I don't have their number. Petes tackle or Zimmer's [Mac Man] may be able to help also.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2018, 01:24 PM »
same, call and talk to Chancy at Snappys.

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Only lakes I can report on are Dickey (15 miles south of Eureka) and Lower Stillwater (30ish miles north of Whitefish).  As of last Friday, Dickey still had 8" or so of solid clear ice, with another 2-3" of white ice on top.  My buddy down on the Farm to Market road checked on Lower Stillwater and said the ice is still in excellent shape as well.

Offline bigsky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Thanks for all the help!

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2018, 06:13 PM »
No problem at all.  Folks in the Flathead seem to be a little tight lipped on reports and conditions on the area lakes, at least compared to other parts of the state.  I'm happy to help and break that trend!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.