New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sodus Bay  (Read 38703 times)

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sodus Bay
« Reply #60 on: Jan 06, 2018, 05:29 PM »

Had very good luck over the years on pike in Sodus, Gambell shoots straight, biggest was over 15 lbs. They like the channels and points................ ...had some members give me tips too on set ups and where's as they say......Lots of good overlooked pike waters on the Lake O's bays

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:04 PM »
klino why you gotta be so mean  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TeeBugg- you know I don't like typing stuff twice!!!!
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline icefishermanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Anyone catching any pike out there?
icefisherman

Offline reeltime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:48 PM »
also posted in the reports section, just cross posting it here as well.

Folks,

I am not singling ice shanty folks out here, just trying to get the word out there before these things become a real issue and access gets shut down, and please spread the word or give a gentle reminder if you see someone parking where they shouldn't be.

specifically the area of Maiden lane in the point. 

Parking along the road, folks need to use common sense when parking, the complaints are piling up and if folks continue the way they are parking the entire area is going to get shut down for parking on the street.

there should be no parking on both sides of the street anywhere west of maiden lane, today there were trucks parked on both sides of the road, 1 small truck on 1 side of the road and directly across from it a full size truck the road was choked down to barely 1 lane of travel.

The issue is going to be emergency vehicle response with folks parking on the road impeding travel as well as the issue of DOT plow trucks not being able to get through.  There is also the issue of peoples mailboxes being blocked, people DO live in those houses and would like to get their mail delivered.

There is lots of public parking up by the ball field and hots point, YES its a walk, but if parking continues as it has the last week or so that is where everyone will have to park.   drop off gear at maiden lane go up to the public parking and walk back, if things continue this will be the only option.

second issue is the trash,  just putting it out there, we all know the 2 biggest reasons for loosing access is parking and leaving trash behind.  we picked up trash off maiden lane yesterday as well as every other day I fished, folks shouldn't have to pick up other peoples trash.

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:27 AM »
also posted in the reports section, just cross posting it here as well.

Folks,

I am not singling ice shanty folks out here, just trying to get the word out there before these things become a real issue and access gets shut down, and please spread the word or give a gentle reminder if you see someone parking where they shouldn't be.

specifically the area of Maiden lane in the point. 

Parking along the road, folks need to use common sense when parking, the complaints are piling up and if folks continue the way they are parking the entire area is going to get shut down for parking on the street.

there should be no parking on both sides of the street anywhere west of maiden lane, today there were trucks parked on both sides of the road, 1 small truck on 1 side of the road and directly across from it a full size truck the road was choked down to barely 1 lane of travel.

The issue is going to be emergency vehicle response with folks parking on the road impeding travel as well as the issue of DOT plow trucks not being able to get through.  There is also the issue of peoples mailboxes being blocked, people DO live in those houses and would like to get their mail delivered.

There is lots of public parking up by the ball field and hots point, YES its a walk, but if parking continues as it has the last week or so that is where everyone will have to park.   drop off gear at maiden lane go up to the public parking and walk back, if things continue this will be the only option.

second issue is the trash,  just putting it out there, we all know the 2 biggest reasons for loosing access is parking and leaving trash behind.  we picked up trash off maiden lane yesterday as well as every other day I fished, folks shouldn't have to pick up other peoples trash.

Thanks reeltime. This is my home fishing location, and would prefer that everyone else treat it the same way.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline deadlake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 10, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Can I park at your house?

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:03 PM »
I grew up around sodus and I have never seen so many people parked along the road. An old timer told me this happened years ago and a lot of people were ticketed.

Offline Mytjason

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 12, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Will sodus be ok to fish Saturday morning due to the weather we have had ?

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Jan 12, 2018, 04:29 PM »
A guy went through at Leroy island today!
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 12, 2018, 05:14 PM »
Will sodus be ok to fish Saturday morning due to the weather we have had ?

So spots are shot but some access still. Spud out spud in
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 12, 2018, 05:18 PM »
we were at the point and that ice was fine....other spots not so good. definitely stay away from third creek..Id be more concerned about the snow forecast...could be a foot or better on the ice tomorrow. I'll be snow blowing tomorrow...maybe Sunday depending on the snow fall.
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline Mytjason

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Why can't I find the conditions and reports board iv posted plenty ?

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 13, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Yo Klino,

All right my friend. It is time for you to play hooky during the week and go fishing with an OLD friend. I am following this thread and can't stand all the drama. I will not add my comments to the cacophony. I will offer, if you get there early, you get a legal parking spot, further if you go during the week days, you avoid a lot of the drama, so , what say  you about hitting Leroy with me during the week?

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Jan 13, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Be careful around Leroy Boggey.  I personally will not fish there until I know it is hardened up good. Maybe the very end of this week.

Offline bondouley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Where is there safe access?  We have been fishing out of shaker heights but its not safe now

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Where is there safe access?  We have been fishing out of shaker heights but its not safe now

The loop is the only place I would get on the ice. It's the only safe ice I see. I was out today by morning should be 8 inches of white ice on top of 7-8 inches of black ice
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline icefishermanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Alot of guys out today? And have never been out to sodus was hoping to get there tomorrow anyway I could get an address for the gps or is it easy to find
icefisherman

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Alot of guys out today? And have never been out to sodus was hoping to get there tomorrow anyway I could get an address for the gps or is it easy to find

If I had to guess 300 guys today. And if you know where sodus point is the loop is easy yo find access is maiden lane

Offline icefishermanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Thanks
icefisherman

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Hey guys

Lots of great info here. You gents that where out today, think it's safe to bring a machine out of state boat launch on Rt. 14?
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Why can't I find the conditions and reports board iv posted plenty ?

At top or bottom of page click on "New York" after the "Ice Fishing Community Thread" and then Click on "Reports and Conditions". Good luck.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 14, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Hey guys

Lots of great info here. You gents that where out today, think it's safe to bring a machine out of state boat launch on Rt. 14?

I'm not going to say yes or no. But I did see a 6 wheeler a 4 wheeler and  snowmobile today. There was open watw r yesterday near that launch but guys fishing what was open yesterday 2day

Offline craigski1980

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:42 PM »
Have not been on the bay in many years but thinking about a perch trip with a buddy. He is really mobility impaired but his desire is high. Anywhere you guys could recommend that has 100 yard walk or less. I know it is asking a lot and it is surely appreciated.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Have not been on the bay in many years but thinking about a perch trip with a buddy. He is really mobility impaired but his desire is high. Anywhere you guys could recommend that has 100 yard walk or less. I know it is asking a lot and it is surely appreciated.

Yes the loop or the coal tresell

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #84 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Caught this today at sodus. Can anyone confirm species ?

Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:56 PM »
I would say Whitefish.

Offline QDAWG44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:57 PM »
Looks like a Cisco

Offline craigski1980

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 14, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Cisco

Offline jperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Jan 14, 2018, 06:08 PM »
Looks like pike bait to me. ;D
I don't know how to tell whitefish from cisco  ???  Are there whitefish in Lake Ontario Bays?
jperch

Offline wnyicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 14, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Cisco. The lips give it away

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.