Author Topic: Vexilar Parka's  (Read 2715 times)

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
Vexilar Parka's
« on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Hey guys, I got caught dragging my feet again, and everywhere I know of is sold out of the size XL Vexilar Parka's. If anyone should happen to find one online somewhere could you bring it to my attention. Thanks fellas.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexilar Parka's
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Red Rock looks to have them. Their prices have gone up 3 times on this item Since October. I was looking at getting these, but they are not water proof. Just water resistant. just FYI.
http://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=135&rn=1727&action=show_detail

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Thanks alot. Its always good to have another set of eyes scanning the web pages. I seached quite a few and struck out. And I am mostly a fair weather fisherman. Not usually in extreme snow, or rain. So not a big deal on waterproof. But i do have some good water repellant spray for added protection. Thanks again!

Offline InSearchOfPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I see Todd at www.dakotaangler.com has them on his online store for 109 I think.  I was there and they had 3 size xl's instock.  He ships super fast,  I know Vex ran out of many sizes and it will be hard to find these this year.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2008, 10:56 PM »
No problem. If you get them let me know how you like them. I was eyeballing them. Also FYI if you check out the other Ice fishing clothes, Redrock also has the Strikemaster parka and bibs, only a couple bucks more and it is waterproof.

Yeah I'm not really hardcore either, but on the same token I dont want an extra cold day to keep me in and miss a short season.

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2008, 11:39 PM »
I see Todd at www.dakotaangler.com has them on his online store for 109 I think.  I was there and they had 3 size xl's instock.  He ships super fast,  I know Vex ran out of many sizes and it will be hard to find these this year.

Thanks alot, All of you guys are a great help. I can always depend on fellow IS members. "We're" one of a kind

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2008, 01:04 PM »
My Wife bought me a Vex parka today.. Got the one from RedRock. 99.95 with free shipping..I love that girl. I'll let you know what i think of it and post a product review.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2008, 01:12 PM »
Very cool. Can't wait to hear about it.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2008, 04:36 PM »
This will be my second full season with the parka and bibs. You can't beat these for the price. They're very warm with minimal layers required underneath. I have yet to feel the cold in this outfit. I haven't been on the ice with it yet this year but I have worn this for countless hours of snow plowing on the quad though.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Well I have worn my Vex parka twice already and I love it!! The first time was Saturday. It was about 20 degrees and very windy. I didn't even once feel the chill. The jacket has almost too many pockets, I lose things in them...lol Be careful you are able to put a lot of stuff in the pockets. You could increase your weight significantly. It zips up and can cover your mouth if you want to stay really warm. It also has 4 D-rings on the front easy to hang fishing licence,depth finder, fish mouth spreaders from for easy access. Breast pockets are insulated and great to keep waxies in ( I put mine in a snuff can) Jacket is a great addition to my fishing gear. Also got a Fish Trap Scout for X-mas..very cool.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.