New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031857 times)

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #6990 on: Jan 28, 2022, 04:07 PM »

That sucks last year I plowed through a large pond of slush but luckily I managed to power through , in years past I’ve gotten stuck not a fun time
I’m never in a big hurry to get out in the dark , especially when I need to cross pressure cracks , the 1 I sat next to yesterday opened up and flooded back 40’
 With the temps forecasted should help tighten things up

Yikes!! That’s eery to say the least. I’m like you, daylight sure is nice sometimes.

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6991 on: Jan 28, 2022, 04:59 PM »

Tank of a smallie that hit a spoon meant for eyes. Fished sunrise to sunset yesterday. About a dozen fat perch 4 keeper eyes between me and my dad and around 20/30 dink walleyes kept tripping flags all day

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6992 on: Jan 28, 2022, 05:25 PM »
Sounds like a good..  Nice bass... :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6993 on: Jan 28, 2022, 05:54 PM »
I made my normal rare appearance yesterday. We were about a mile east of Apps when that boom occurred. The entire shanty with both of us and the atv lifted up and down a hell of a lot more than I ever experienced.  When we were done for the day and packing up, that crack/ canyon was less than 20 yds away and extended a long ways. That was something!
I went through slush today on Honeoye. Heard talk about it so I did not take the shanty out when I took the atv on the ice just to check.  Thank God I left the shanty . I really had to floor it to get through. Hate that stuff.
Hi there old friend.  I have taken the last few years off.  Trying to get back into it.  Good to see you are still after them.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6994 on: Jan 29, 2022, 05:56 AM »
Wow. Long time there buddy. I still tell stories about how I used to catch fish on oneida with you. I sent you a pm.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6995 on: Jan 29, 2022, 11:23 AM »

Where did everybody go? Cold out there today.

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6996 on: Jan 29, 2022, 02:25 PM »

Definitely not many people where I was this morning but I killed the perch on Oneida in 6 hrs of clearing my holes inside the shanty until I needed hot coffee
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6997 on: Jan 29, 2022, 03:41 PM »
I should have gone today instead of yesterday but my brother and I still managed a few in the 12 hrs we were there

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6998 on: Jan 29, 2022, 03:54 PM »
Looks like a few meals to me.

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6999 on: Jan 29, 2022, 04:13 PM »
Anybody who fished today sure earned what they caught.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7000 on: Jan 29, 2022, 04:41 PM »
Anybody who fished today sure earned what they caught.
That’s what I said my last 2 outings as my 2 buds put a beat down on them each side of me 😃

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7001 on: Jan 29, 2022, 05:13 PM »
Hate when that happens!  :'(

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7002 on: Jan 29, 2022, 06:13 PM »

Picked away at them this morning/early afternoon. Never on fire but steady. Took wheeler out from Godfrey hit couple slush holes nothing more than 6”…couple deep snow drifts both sleds and wheelers seem to be cruzing along good for now. Stayed put with the wind today. Like someone posted earlier if ya stay put stay ready and they’ll come threw eventually if your in the ballpark

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #7003 on: Jan 29, 2022, 06:13 PM »
hello, Taft Bay Park allows ice fishing access and ok with a trailer to park?  thanks

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7004 on: Jan 29, 2022, 06:35 PM »
hello, Taft Bay Park allows ice fishing access and ok with a trailer to park?  thanks

Yes. There is a good amount of room but it still fills up all the way to route 49 some days.

Offline regulator

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7005 on: Jan 30, 2022, 04:47 AM »
Nice job Iceman, that's a great day there! I don't go out expecting to limit out, and am perfectly happy with a bunch like that. Couple a hearty meals right there!

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7006 on: Jan 30, 2022, 07:22 AM »
Thanks regulator. Same here. I can’t think of a better way to spend a Saturday this time of year fish or no fish. I don’t care to clean much more that 15 maybe 20 fish in one sitting anyway. My fillets start to get sloppier after handful of beers lol

Offline Randy218

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7007 on: Jan 30, 2022, 10:43 AM »
Hey guys. Coming up
In the morning for the second time. My first time was last year. I fish on foot and solo. Looking at going out or sylvan or Lewis. Any tips?

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7008 on: Jan 30, 2022, 11:19 AM »
I'm heading off Sylvan tomorrow late morning myself.  Not much structure to look for there, just have to move around till you see some marks.  If you're heading to Lewis, get there very early or the lot will be full.  Lots more structure to land on and fish around at Lewis.  Haven't heard any more about some cracks that were there a couple of weeks ago.  Good luck.

Offline regulator

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7009 on: Jan 30, 2022, 12:59 PM »
As far as walking goes, I like Lewis Point. Many more options for those of us that hump it out andf back. Navionics app and a flasher or graph will be your best weapons for finding decent looking structure and fish.

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #7010 on: Jan 30, 2022, 02:55 PM »
Yes. There is a good amount of room but it still fills up all the way to route 49 some days.
thanks

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7011 on: Jan 30, 2022, 03:48 PM »
As far as walking goes, I like Lewis Point. Many more options for those of us that hump it out andf back. Navionics app and a flasher or graph will be your best weapons for finding decent looking structure and fish.
I’ve heard this a few times and haven’t found the right app? Which one is it because when I type in navionics multiple charting applications pop up

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #7012 on: Jan 30, 2022, 04:32 PM »
I’ve heard this a few times and haven’t found the right app? Which one is it because when I type in navionics multiple charting applications pop up
Boating and marine. US waters unless u go to Canada fishing
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7013 on: Jan 30, 2022, 07:02 PM »

Got out with the boys again , and again BMV sat right on them  , while the goon and I worked for our fish , I finally caved and went to some eye grounds and, grabbed a quick limit then back at the perch search ended up with a handful but they were tanks
 BMV ended up with 35 perch and his limit of eyes , not sure how the goon ended up ,
 Sure was a nice day

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #7014 on: Jan 30, 2022, 07:20 PM »
This may have been covered somewhere, but what happened to Cookies Bait and Tackle?  I wanted to stop there today and it was closed and all the signage gone.  Place looks totally empty. 

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7015 on: Jan 30, 2022, 07:50 PM »
cookies closed up this summer,,,  not sure why  but they r closed

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7016 on: Jan 31, 2022, 04:58 AM »
Got out with the boys again , and again BMV sat right on them  , while the goon and I worked for our fish , I finally caved and went to some eye grounds and, grabbed a quick limit then back at the perch search ended up with a handful but they were tanks
 BMV ended up with 35 perch and his limit of eyes , not sure how the goon ended up ,
 Sure was a nice day

now you know how i felt  fishing with sully we  sat side  by  side  same  bait  same  jigs  and he  took big slob gills and  i  couldn't  catch  nothing ....why that happens ???? i have know idea  but when your a experanced  fisherman and you know there is no logical explanation it has to  be  paranormal ....first i'm some what a  expert on the paranormal ,i have  watched   the  Osbornes  believe tv show 3 times  and the  movie ghost twice Fred  you need  a  skunked  spirit exorcism you need  to  wear garlic  around your  neck  and  you need a  lucky  rabbits  foot..then say  3 hail MARYS  before you walk out on the ice  toss salt  over  your shoulder as you set  down  at your  next  hole  and  always  keep in mind  we  are  under  the  adminastration that promotes  everyone  gets a participation trophy

ps  and i'm 100% serious ,MAKE  SURE  NO ONE FED  SPAM  TO YOUR  MINNOWS OR  SPIKES  OR YOU WON'T  CATCH ________!!!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7017 on: Jan 31, 2022, 05:10 AM »
 I will admit mike said after these past few years I finally got you 2 , he has come a long ways when we first started fishing with him , goon and I each had a few words I told him he had good teachers 😃goon just said about time took you long enough lol 😜
 Name of the game is take no prisoners

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7018 on: Jan 31, 2022, 05:48 AM »
got out both days this weekend with the wife, lots of window shoppers but brought a few walleye and handful of perch home each day.  calling for a foot of snow thursday-friday, will be a tough weekend for wheelers if we get it.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7019 on: Jan 31, 2022, 05:54 AM »
don't  worry old  boy you have  more  fish in the  freezor  then  most and  you'll be  back in the groove soon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.