New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032266 times)

Offline Genzer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #6780 on: Jan 17, 2022, 11:15 AM »
I'm10 mins from the lake in Central Square and we have close to 7" of heavy wet snow, hard to believe Oneida's not getting it

Offline Db1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6781 on: Jan 17, 2022, 12:14 PM »
Thanks guys i wait until morning I will make a day of it tomorrow

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6782 on: Jan 17, 2022, 02:40 PM »
I'm10 mins from the lake in Central Square and we have close to 7" of heavy wet snow, hard to believe Oneida's not getting it
This is a weird one.  I am in Cicero and we only have a couple inches.  All the heavy stuff last night was sleet. 

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6783 on: Jan 17, 2022, 03:34 PM »
I am afraid that this snow is sticking now on the lake. Hopefully the wind picks back up and blows it off.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6784 on: Jan 17, 2022, 03:50 PM »

Thanks Bruce

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6785 on: Jan 17, 2022, 04:52 PM »
Just watched 2 guys come off the beach...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6786 on: Jan 17, 2022, 05:48 PM »
I like the spud trick Bobby.

Some healthy cracks forming already.
It did the trick. Hopefully don’t have to use that too much though lol. Picked up couple more inches of snow this evening. Decided to take a ride on the snowmobiles up to panther lake and back with the Mrs instead of fishing this evening. I’ll be out tomorrow chasing the eyes at some point. Trying to finish up a cargo sled I built to haul my gear out on the ice with behind the snowmobile. I’ll post pics when she’s finished up.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline stasui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6787 on: Jan 18, 2022, 08:40 AM »
Did the lake get pounded with snow yesterday?

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6788 on: Jan 18, 2022, 06:56 PM »
It’s not to bad out there. Some bare spots and the snow spots are mostly crusted up and about 3-4 inches in depth. Wasn’t a terrible drag this evening at all. 7 inches of black ice where I was. The moonrise on my way in was awesome.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6789 on: Jan 18, 2022, 07:06 PM »
Thanks for posting Deadeyez. Gonna give er a try end of the week.

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6790 on: Jan 18, 2022, 07:58 PM »
Well started the day off at 530 got about 45 min away on our way to onieda and something in the front end of his Cherokee crapped out so we turned around limped it home and swapped to my truck and started over finally got in the shanty at about 1130 after trying to decide where to go. Decided to play it safe and stick to where we saw other shanties. Constantia had 6" of good black ice. The inlaw caught the only fish a nice fat 16in marked them on and off right up till 5 when we left just couldn't get them to bite. Hopefully I got my skunk out of the way for the season haaa

Offline stasui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6791 on: Jan 18, 2022, 08:36 PM »
Thanks for the snow info

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6792 on: Jan 18, 2022, 09:02 PM »

And managed three for the bucket as well..6" of ice and growing..

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6793 on: Jan 18, 2022, 09:37 PM »

And managed three for the bucket as well..6" of ice and growing..
Thats pretty sweet

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #6794 on: Jan 18, 2022, 10:59 PM »
Any ideas if it will be good to take my sled out.Was thinking Chapman or godfey area

Offline rlejr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6795 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:19 AM »
 4 wheelers got to be out? The beach, chapman?

Offline jimpedition

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6796 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:22 AM »
I am also a fisherman who on occasion has to drive by a place I'd like to fish because there is no room to park.  That is just the way it is , lots of fishermen and few places to park.  I also have the utmost respect for land owners as I am one myself. I would never consider parking on someones front lawn or make it difficult for them to exit their own driveway.  Here is a suggestion for the Lewis point residents. Get the number of a reliable towing service and when that jerk returns from a grand day on the ice let him figure out where his vehicle is and pony up the tow bill. Guaranteed he won't do it again.
I'm from a couple of hours away and want to head up to Oneida to fish this weekend.  If I can't get there early enough to park at Lewis point can anyone recommend a couple other spots to park and hit the lake.  Don't want to be a bad guy and cause problems.  Thanks in advance.

Offline coast51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6797 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:47 AM »
Chapman Park.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #6798 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:49 AM »
I'm from a couple of hours away and want to head up to Oneida to fish this weekend.  If I can't get there early enough to park at Lewis point can anyone recommend a couple other spots to park and hit the lake.  Don't want to be a bad guy and cause problems.  Thanks in advance.
Best option is.... get there in time.. or wait till noon...
I live 3 1/2 hrs away  so I totally get what you're asking...
If I cannot leave my house by 230 a.m. I just wait and leave later and plan to fish evening...
I typically just stay overnight to make sure I'm good for the a.m. bite

Offline Crazy Ivan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6799 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:50 AM »
"If I can't get there early enough to park at Lewis point can anyone recommend a couple other spots to park and hit the lake.  Don't want to be a bad guy and cause problems.  Thanks in advance."

There is a park to the east as well as Sylvan right around the corner. Usually ample parking. With a machine you can go where you want from there. If not there's fish there too.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6800 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Lewis pt lot is usually full by 6 am, now with trailers it will be fairly limited. If you have a sled or wheels Verona Beach is a great place to leave from. Chapman Park and South Shore boat launch are other options.

Offline DeepFisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6801 on: Jan 19, 2022, 10:21 AM »
Sending this from the shanty, went out off south shore today about half way across the lake 7"+ of ice everywhere I drilled and did see a few sleds out. 

Large heave with some open water running East and South from Dunham's Island, also noticed that the Oneida Shores Boat launch access is closed for construction. 

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6802 on: Jan 19, 2022, 10:49 AM »
How's the haul out of Sylvan beach area was wondering if I shld bring my Smitty Sled thanks for any info. :icefish:
I live back in the woods you see

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6803 on: Jan 19, 2022, 11:58 AM »
i just  had  a fried  walleye  sandwich for  lunch  ;D

Offline Deadeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6804 on: Jan 19, 2022, 02:37 PM »
If you are pulling by yourself I would bring the smitty. I always do , just my opinion. The easier way is often the best way I always say.

Offline Deadeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6805 on: Jan 19, 2022, 02:40 PM »
Just to add to what I just said there is snow piled up on the way out of Sylvan , according to the webcam.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6806 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:09 PM »
Thanks guys I'll throw it in my truck as like to make it as easy as possible for myself.
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6807 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:09 PM »
"If I can't get there early enough to park at Lewis point can anyone recommend a couple other spots to park and hit the lake.  Don't want to be a bad guy and cause problems.  Thanks in advance."
Not sure where your coming from my go to spot if I have wheeler is Godfrey point. Never seen the lot full myself and tons of grate fishing….East, west, 113, hell if conditions aren’t bad and your set on Lewis point its only roughly 3miles straight across almost. That said I haven’t been yet this year so I’m not sure on conditions there. As of now that’s my plan for Saturday take wheeler to Godfrey and if it looks to sketchy to take machine I’ll walk right straight out. Had lot of hot days right off the first drop from the launch the wheelers just nice to get away from the frigging shanty town

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6808 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:31 PM »
if you got machine park at verona beach avoid the parking mess at lewis longer ride on sled worth missing parking nightmare

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #6809 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:49 PM »
Where about at Verona?I usually go out at Chapman with my sled.But I keep my boat at Lewis Point area.So I know that end a little better and would love to ice fish that end.As well as avoid the Chapman nightmare.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.