New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031932 times)

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5970 on: Feb 13, 2021, 04:20 AM »
Awesome pic Chow I can't wait to get back to camp

Offline Reelax

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5971 on: Feb 13, 2021, 04:48 PM »
Slow day for me out of Chapman. Fished 20’ just west of park. Marked fish but tough to get any to bite. One perch and one short eye. Lost 5 at the hole. Frustrating to say the least. All on a chrome/blue rap with minnow head. Forecast on Tuesday not looking good for walkers.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5972 on: Feb 13, 2021, 05:49 PM »

I had a better day today , fish were sluggish but Managed to coax them
 The eyes were much more aggressive

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #5973 on: Feb 13, 2021, 05:58 PM »

Great idea it’s only 79.5 square miles shouldn’t take long 😜
Did you mean acres or something. I mean the lake is like 11mi long and like 4 wide at its widest ain’t it.
If it were 12 Long 4wide it would be 48sq mi
Just saying.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5974 on: Feb 13, 2021, 06:09 PM »
Oneida is around 20.5 miles long. Slow night for me. Good news is the slush froze up in every spot I encountered it. Nice catch Fred!
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5975 on: Feb 13, 2021, 06:16 PM »
22 miles long widest is 5 miles

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5976 on: Feb 13, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Nice job Fred!

Can you imagine if the lake was only 12 miles long? Good lord it probably would be all holes by now!

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5977 on: Feb 13, 2021, 06:31 PM »

Had a good night tonight,hit a few slush pockets but nothing like it was. Tight lines!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5978 on: Feb 13, 2021, 06:45 PM »
lookslike you did well freddie

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5979 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:07 PM »
Nice work on the fish guys. A friend and I got out today and found a few eyes as well. Slush seemed much better where we were. All tightened up.   Nice day!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5980 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:27 PM »
Did you mean acres or something. I mean the lake is like 11mi long and like 4 wide at its widest ain’t it.
If it were 12 Long 4wide it would be 48sq mi
Just saying.
http:// Oneida Lake is the largest lake entirely within New York state, with a surface area of 79.8 square miles. The lake is located northeast of Syracuse and near the Great Lakes. It feeds the Oneida River, a tributary of the Oswego River,

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5981 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Nice job Fred!

Can you imagine if the lake was only 12 miles long? Good lord it probably would be all holes by now!
LOL it would look like Swiss cheese
 Good job everyone ,
 I missed a great sunrise pic 😡

Offline Crazy Ivan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5982 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:32 PM »
A rare for me, all day bite near Lewis. A walleye limit at mid day was a treat. A handful of hog perch and a million shorts. The glow tiger #7 rap has been the star last 2 outs. I caught and released the fish in the image, perhaps I shouldn't have? It had growths and soars. Pretty yucko

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5983 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:35 PM »
 Ivan those lumps are absolutely harmless , you should have made a meal of that fine catch

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5984 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:57 PM »
Not fishing related but pretty bad snowmobile accident on the lake out in front of mill street about half hour ago. I heard on the scanner that he hit a pressure crack. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Crazy Ivan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5985 on: Feb 13, 2021, 08:13 PM »
Ivan those lumps are absolutely harmless , you should have made a meal of that fine catch
Haha thanks, I'll know for next time!

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5986 on: Feb 13, 2021, 08:34 PM »
Not fishing related but pretty bad snowmobile accident on the lake out in front of mill street about half hour ago. I heard on the scanner that he hit a pressure crack. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
Really odd scenario because I think I saw that guy while I was fishing out of Lewis and he had to have been going 100+. I had said to my girlfriend that I remember my dad telling me about his friend who was ripping his snowmobile at dark and hit a crack and was sent flying. Not even hour later I’m reading about this. Terrible. Prayers go out! Hope everything is okay.

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5987 on: Feb 13, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Buds at camp called me said bunch of cops and rescue at mill st and a sled and side by side headed out on the ice towards the islands

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5988 on: Feb 13, 2021, 08:55 PM »
I hope he is okay. Those cracks come up really fast in the dark.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5989 on: Feb 14, 2021, 12:10 AM »

Hope he is ok , there is a good size pressure ridge out toward mid lake running east to west ,

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5990 on: Feb 14, 2021, 04:48 AM »
Really odd scenario because I think I saw that guy while I was fishing out of Lewis and he had to have been going 100+. I had said to my girlfriend that I remember my dad telling me about his friend who was ripping his snowmobile at dark and hit a crack and was sent flying. Not even hour later I’m reading about this. Terrible. Prayers go out! Hope everything is okay.
doubt it was the same guy. Guys being idiots all over the lake. We were standing on shore with a camp fire bout 8pm Noticed two sleds moving pretty good than saw the tail light disappear on one sled. Police scanner said 22 year old unconscious but breathing

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5991 on: Feb 14, 2021, 05:54 AM »

I forgot to post travel conditions have improved some as I noticed many of the slush spots had tightened up , not to say there isn’t bad spots out there , walking wasn’t bad , let’s hope this up coming storm stays clear , as we don’t need anymore

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5992 on: Feb 14, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Definitely less slush out there today. Still slush in spots but probably half as bad as Tuesday.

Offline D3adhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5993 on: Feb 14, 2021, 11:26 AM »
Hey fellas, just moved back down this way and have been fishing Oneida for a few weeks without much success. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of. I see guys out there catching fish but I’m having a hell of a time. Mostly following the crowds and don’t have any electronics yet. If anyone has any pointers or tips for me I’d appreciate the help. The skunks are starting to bruise my ego.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #5994 on: Feb 14, 2021, 11:39 AM »
Hey fellas, just moved back down this way and have been fishing Oneida for a few weeks without much success. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of. I see guys out there catching fish but I’m having a hell of a time. Mostly following the crowds and don’t have any electronics yet. If anyone has any pointers or tips for me I’d appreciate the help. The skunks are starting to bruise my ego.
PM sent

Offline Jomat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5995 on: Feb 14, 2021, 12:11 PM »

Electronics pretty much a must imo.  Have a pretty cheap marcum showdown if you’re interested.  It may need a battery.

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5996 on: Feb 14, 2021, 01:44 PM »
1 eye seven perch this morning at shackelton. Slush wasn’t bad at all. Hopefully can steer clear of a lot of the snow this week. Have a good one guys!

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #5997 on: Feb 14, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Fished yesterday out of Chapman.Slush stayed firm pretty much all day.Made for some bumpy riding here and there.Had to keep an eye on stuff in the tow sled.Thinking about getting some netting to put over it during the drag.Went slightly east to 32fow.Couple lookers.Moved a little west to 28 for.Caught 2 perch then a coup,e lookers.Went a little more west to 34fow.Couple lookers and 1 perch.Last move was to the east in 24 for.Couple lookers and caught 1 carp on the smallest jig I have with a meal worm on it.It was too big to get through the hole.So I had to reach not the hole to unhook.Thing must have been in the 20lb range.Didn’t put up a big fight.But it was fun anyways and by far the biggest thing I’ve ever caught ice fishing.

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #5998 on: Feb 14, 2021, 02:20 PM »
....question.So I parked at Chapman and someone parked directly behind me so I had to find a place I could drive my truck to to load my sled on.Is this normal?At 1st I was pissed.But I’m thinking maybe it’s normal and just something you have to expect.At the end of the day it really wasn’t a big deal.except that I ended up having to drive back around to a spot I could load.I’m not new to bringing a sled for ice fishing.But I haven’t done it a lot.Maybe 3 or 4 times a year.But Ive never run into this before.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5999 on: Feb 14, 2021, 02:55 PM »
If you leave space behind your truck or trailer.... that space will be filled when you return. Especially on the weekends. The amount of ice anglers has quadrupled over the last 10 years. Parking has been a challenge....sorry to hear of your troubles.
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.