New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032120 times)

Offline fatboy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5910 on: Feb 09, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Report from yesterday. Our last day of fishing of course ended up being the best day. First drop paid off to the first jumbo of the day and every hole we went to until about 1:30 paid off with fish. Ended the day with 6 short walleye and 15 jumbos. Can’t wait to come back and fish again. Fish were keyed in at least for me on 29 FOW

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5911 on: Feb 09, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Glad you got some good ones! Thanks for sharing report.

Offline eyeguy21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5912 on: Feb 09, 2021, 03:47 PM »
Apologies if I missed this, but any tournaments/derbies scheduled on Oneida this year?  Looking for some fun ones to get the kids involved.  Thanks!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5913 on: Feb 09, 2021, 04:10 PM »

Apps has 1 every weekend ,one week it’s perch and the next are eyes , give them a call 1-315-675-6011 (bait shop)

dakotaice

« Reply #5914 on: Feb 09, 2021, 06:57 PM »
Fished out of apps today,from 10 til dark.ended up with 3 good perch, 4 short eyes and a 3 1/4 lb smallie.all fish came out of 38 f.o.w.marked fish all day right up until 1 hr before dark, tough bite. Ride out was good, hit some slush on the way in. Nothing too bad though. Not the best day,but as many times as ive gotten my but kicked here, ill take as a small win haha !! Headed to chaumont in the morning

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5915 on: Feb 09, 2021, 07:38 PM »

Fished out of Briggs Tuesday.. absolutely gorgeous out to be fishing for the evening. One perch one short with the headlamp of on. Great conditions for walkers.

Offline greggill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5916 on: Feb 09, 2021, 08:08 PM »
Does anyone ever fish for crappies or other pan fish in the lake? I  realize the perch and walleye populations are off the charts, but I was curious if anyone ever catches slabs here? Thx for any info

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5917 on: Feb 09, 2021, 08:54 PM »
Does anyone ever fish for crappies or other pan fish in the lake? I  realize the perch and walleye populations are off the charts, but I was curious if anyone ever catches slabs here? Thx for any info

Big Bay is a popular spot for Crappie and Gills.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5918 on: Feb 10, 2021, 05:58 AM »
I always thought of trying other shallow spots on the lake for panfish. I mean you get some slob sunfish in the summer if you can get into them. I have got them out by SS throwing jigs or on spinners, drifting too. I cant believe all these sunfish head to the bays in the winter, maybe they do. Be cool to find out, panfish everywhere.  @)

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5919 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:40 AM »
if you can find a bay, dosnt have to be big bay, with weeds theres normally some panfish,

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5920 on: Feb 10, 2021, 05:21 PM »
Great reports guys! It looks pretty good out there! I agree with KP about that hard bare ice...Jake, great photos and a great trip. You and your buddy nailed 'em! Beauty of a walleye. Deadeyez, sharpen your hooks, lol. Freddy's on the move, look out now you big jumbo perch! Great stuff, I'm smilin' at all you guys because I've been there! Enjoy, it's probably only going to get better...ZERO temps in the future! Have fun and Be Free!  ><{{{">

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5921 on: Feb 10, 2021, 05:38 PM »

Ok , First goon and I headed out of Taft , toward Willard , it is a slush pit , to let you all know , we didn’t get stuck but plowed through it , was a 1/4 mile from the island and still found the slush , so we went back and loaded back up and hit another spot,  , found some fish , got enough for a meal or 2 , fish for me were very sluggish, wish I could go tomorrow but I ended up with about a foot of snow to clean up

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5922 on: Feb 10, 2021, 05:49 PM »
How are the conditions for walkers tomorrow. Planning on heading out of Godfrey point. I'm 2 hrs away

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5923 on: Feb 10, 2021, 05:54 PM »
slushy mess out there saw one sled get stuck saw no wheelers,,

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5924 on: Feb 10, 2021, 05:56 PM »
Thanks. How much slush out there? Trying to determine what pair of boots now to wear. I usually wear pack boots but may have to go to rubber boots now

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5925 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:09 PM »
Thanks. How much slush out there? Trying to determine what pair of boots now to wear. I usually wear pack boots but may have to go to rubber boots now

Rubber boots for sure. Not even a question.

I was out on the sled last night and there was a lot more slush than there was Saturday.

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5926 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:31 PM »
That's tough going guys. Not good for traveling, that's for sure. Wet feet suck too! Hopefully the colder weather will help; but that deep snow could just be insulation that keeps the water on the ice under the snow from freezing solid...Hope it stiffens up fellas. I still think a drone flyover by one of the News stations would be a good idea...any clear shots from outer space reeleyz?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5927 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:36 PM »

There seems to be a long pressure crack  about mid lake running east and west

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5928 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:49 PM »
I got out for the night bite and got a few to commit. Went out on the sled and had to hammer down and keep moving. Lots of slush as everyone else already mentioned. Much worse than earlier in the week. I figured the cold nights would tighten everything up but the weight of the new snow must have had other plans.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5929 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:55 PM »
That's tough going guys. Not good for traveling, that's for sure. Wet feet suck too! Hopefully the colder weather will help; but that deep snow could just be insulation that keeps the water on the ice under the snow from freezing solid...Hope it stiffens up fellas. I still think a drone flyover by one of the News stations would be a good idea...any clear shots from outer space reeleyz?

https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=o&page=1&template=sub&image=t1.21039.1630.LakeOntario.143.250m.jpg

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5930 on: Feb 10, 2021, 07:07 PM »
wow, a lot of reports of slush.  Has anyone gone out of Williams recently on a machine?  If so, how was the slush there?  I was planning on going out tomorrow with an ATV.

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5931 on: Feb 10, 2021, 07:21 PM »
Thanks reeleyz, it almost looks like slush or wet snow in that one spot all around the big islands...unless that's a shadow from a cloud...too bad it wasn't closer. It looks better on the east end. But not that lower right corner...open water there...

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5932 on: Feb 10, 2021, 07:25 PM »
Welcome opie1, not many guys posting tonight. I think the snow shut the fishing off at a lot of the guys spots. Keep watching and it will pick up again.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5933 on: Feb 10, 2021, 07:28 PM »
I got out this evening for the last couple hours. I got lucky and only hit one slush spot with the sled on my way out. Tried another new spot. Fishing was slow there. Ended up with one keeper and landed 4 shorts.

Dug, good to see you on here. Hope all is well buddy.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5934 on: Feb 10, 2021, 08:33 PM »
Fished out of Mill St tonight..I walked out to grassy and came across a couple areas that were soft but then again I'm always on foot..pack lite on you will be ok..smitty sleds will be the way to go if we get more snow

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5935 on: Feb 10, 2021, 11:30 PM »
Thanks, Bob. I'm good, just have to remember to make a pit stop, before the trip home...
Went to PA last week and bought a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WITH NO RUST!
The sunsets on Oneida can be incredible. A friend in Lakeport has a good view and he says
the moonsets are terrific too. I don't think I ever watched a complete moon set...Good fishin' bud.

View in full screen...I like the way the snowmobile tracks head right into the sun.
HEY, is that the moon just above the dark clouds to the left? Kool shot if it is...

[/quote]

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5936 on: Feb 11, 2021, 01:11 AM »

Great sunset 👍

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5937 on: Feb 11, 2021, 05:00 AM »
interesting yesterday battery in my vex died  while i was on the ice and i was thinking of leaving ..then i just fished the way we use too ....took a few misses to get use to fishing with the rod again and not lights on the vex but over all i did just as good without it

Offline Glowgetter24

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walter is who I chase
« Reply #5938 on: Feb 11, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Coming up this afternoon and was gonna fish out of Chapman Park. How are the conditions outside of the park. It's a 3hr ride for us. Thanks for the info
Glowgetter

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5939 on: Feb 11, 2021, 06:28 AM »
Nice shot Dug. Don't think the moon is in that phase....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.