New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032140 times)

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #3870 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:43 PM »
dont worry about it BP i sent a pm to trapper last year to keep it off here not to start a debate.... and he highlighted it and posted it on the forum looking for sympathy when no one would of known but me and him,just who he is , knows how to stir the pot just enough then pull the poor poor trap whys everyone against me???! does it on several sites ,i think (JUST MY OPINION)hes a sad old man who found a platform to bi%$H on... and needs the acknowledgment ...like i say my opinion
cmon ice

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #3871 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:46 PM »
  It's like a broken freekin record.....  :blink: :blink: Picked up maybe 6 inches of white stuff here, grainy heavy snow. Wind's whippin , venison's searing, drink's are cold and so is the weather! Won't be long till we're too busy fishing to slam on these keyboards all day long. Personally, I'm feeling much better, ready for a nice short walk and some flat fish soon ;)
Glad your feeling better, any luck you’ll be ready as the ice is. Stay safe.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3872 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:52 PM »
dont worry about it BP i sent a pm to trapper last year to keep it off here not to start a debate.... and he highlighted it and posted it on the forum looking for sympathy when no one would of known but me and him,just who he is , knows how to stir the pot just enough then pull the poor poor trap whys everyone against me???! does it on several sites ,i think (JUST MY OPINION)hes a sad old man who found a platform to bi%$H on... and needs the acknowledgment ...like i say my opinion
cmon ice

ashamed of what you got to say???? I'm not  ..... be a man  post it  right in here

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3873 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:58 PM »
ashamed of what you got to say???? I'm not  ..... be a man  post it  right in here
Here you go again. He stated he sent you a pm last year.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3874 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:02 PM »
Lol like someone said before poor conditions everyone board nothing else to do but pound them keypads. In all honestly from what I found 3 to 4” off sylvan beach up to 200yrs out. Any farther than that or to the left or right I have know clue probably not good. If ya are making the trip that’s a start

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3875 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:06 PM »
I'm looking to catch my first walleye through the ice.  I was told that Oneida is the place to do it.  Would anyone be willing to share any info about this lake? Access points, depth, baits, etc... thanks!

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3876 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:09 PM »
I'm looking to catch my first walleye through the ice.  I was told that Oneida is the place to do it.  Would anyone be willing to share any info about this lake? Access points, depth, baits, etc... thanks!

There's no fish in that lake, they call it the dead sea for a reason.
Go up to Chaumont once it freezes, walk past Johnson Shoal. Start jigging with a rap or the likes..

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3877 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Lol like someone said before poor conditions everyone board nothing else to do but pound them keypads. In all honestly from what I found 3 to 4” off sylvan beach up to 200yrs out. Any farther than that or to the left or right I have know clue probably not good. If ya are making the trip that’s a start
Thanks
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3878 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:36 PM »
Bowled this afternoon, won a door prize, bottle of whiskey, bottle of vodka and a bottle of wine. Also 5 scratch offs, won $18 on those. Just wish there had been some "popcorn"...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3879 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:38 PM »
I got a old popcorn machine  and it is my favorite snack

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3880 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:50 PM »
the reason I posted his private message to me was simple ...I and another member posted a prayer for a safe season and our faith in God ....I then was sent a pm stating in vile language  there was no God and  all that was  wrong with me and anyone that believed ......now I am not ashamed to admit I believe in God and  have  faith  I see no reason  mr ice should hide  his beliefs ...... again I'm not ashamed ....do you think we did something wrong in a prayer for a safe season  mr perch?
Tho I may share your believe in the lord I do not agree with you putting one down for their beliefs or air them out either. I don’t know the context of the convo when it happened so can’t say more. Either way you putting the message out was wrong.

Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3881 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:12 PM »
Time out!  I know we're all ready to get out there but lets calm down.  Two sides to every story and all.  I'm an out of towner and depend on this thread for current conditions, not honey holes or hot spots, just accurate ice conditions.  I will share my experiences when I get the chance to get there too.  Tight lines. 

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3882 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:59 PM »
I skimmed through all that nonsense.

Anyway. It doesn’t matter much how much snow I got at my house if it blows off the ice. We’ll see how much snow is on the ice in the morning if there is any ice after the wind.

The forecast keeps getting warmer so I would not get too excited. 8-14 day forecast shows above average. Maybe it will be the first year I get the boat out in February. Either way, it’s not worth fighting over.

All lot of eyes, perch, turkeys, and deer will live through this winter!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3883 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:07 PM »
Thanks reeleyz.
Looking forward to your update tomorrow.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3884 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:39 PM »
Trapper how thick is the ice? Can you please get back to me thanks. I’m two hours away and wanna know if it’s worth driving up for the first ice on Oneida that isn’t safe at all.... thanks😭😂😭😂😭

Offline cerhardt161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3885 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:50 PM »
Trapper how thick is the ice? Can you please get back to me thanks. I’m two hours away and wanna know if it’s worth driving up for the first ice on Oneida that isn’t safe at all.... thanks😭😂😭😂😭

Not onedia but close enough

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3886 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:52 PM »

Not onedia but close enough

Thanks dude I’ll go walk on it!! Appreciate it

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3887 on: Jan 19, 2020, 02:44 PM »
Thanks reeleyz.
Looking forward to your update tomorrow.

It’s not looking good choo choo.

About 1”-2” of snow on top of 3”-4” of slush on top of 1” of ice.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3888 on: Jan 19, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Still some open water around the point. Big shove on the east side and about 6-8" of heavy snow.Not good in my area.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3889 on: Jan 19, 2020, 03:09 PM »
It’s not looking good choo choo.

About 1”-2” of snow on top of 3”-4” of slush on top of 1” of ice.
Thanks for the info...north shore I presume?
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3890 on: Jan 19, 2020, 03:45 PM »
Thanks for the info...north shore I presume?

Yessir.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3891 on: Jan 19, 2020, 04:26 PM »

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #3892 on: Jan 19, 2020, 04:38 PM »
could somebody please back fill Lake Ontario.......damn ' I am getting too old for this crap

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3893 on: Jan 19, 2020, 05:23 PM »
I suggested tarping it years ago.

Offline Jigemup247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3894 on: Jan 19, 2020, 05:33 PM »
This weather is all my fault I spent a ton on ice fishing gear this year

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3895 on: Jan 19, 2020, 06:55 PM »
South shore is in rough shape to not looking good....

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3896 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:21 PM »
snow didn't do us any favors

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #3897 on: Jan 20, 2020, 04:40 AM »
accuweather 14 day forecast starting Wednesday says above freezing temps every day ,but in the low to mid 20's at nite.....need to knock that snow down to bare ice and this should help a little.....

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3898 on: Jan 20, 2020, 04:49 AM »
accuweather 14 day forecast starting Wednesday says above freezing temps every day ,but in the low to mid 20's at nite.....need to knock that snow down to bare ice and this should help a little.....
X2
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3899 on: Jan 20, 2020, 05:39 AM »
could somebody please back fill Lake Ontario.......damn ' I am getting too old for this crap

they can't even get the water level right

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.