Author Topic: Lite flite auger fit clam plate?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lite flite auger fit clam plate?
« on: Sep 30, 2019, 10:46 PM »
Did some searching the clam plate has a outside diameter of shaft of 18 mm the new lite flight says fits any 22mm shaft this would mean that the clam plate will not work with this I believe? Is there an adapter from the old strikemasters that went from the 22mm to the 18 mm for use on hand augers? bummed now really wanted the Clam plate with it may have to return it I should get it in the mail tomorrow.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lite flite auger fit clam plate?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2019, 10:49 PM »
Come to think of it would a K drill adaptor work I don't have one to measure it

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Got it today k drill adaptor works great!

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2019, 01:01 PM »
The Clam plate Milwaukee drill 5 amp battery and adaptor weigh #15.6 oz the Same thing with the pistol bit is #13.6 oz roughly. this is for a 6 inch size A little heavier but nothing to bother me.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2019, 02:26 PM »
I got to see the lite flite in person at bass pro the other day. Cutting head and shaft looked really nice and built well but the flighting was very flexible. I’m sure it’s just fine but it was the first thing that stuck out to me. I’m glad they fit clam plates though, I have a kdrill on a clam plate and I would never use it without it. Best part is that it keeps the drill out of the snow when you set it down.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2019, 06:04 PM »
I got to see the lite flite in person at bass pro the other day. Cutting head and shaft looked really nice and built well but the flighting was very flexible. I’m sure it’s just fine but it was the first thing that stuck out to me. I’m glad they fit clam plates though, I have a kdrill on a clam plate and I would never use it without it. Best part is that it keeps the drill out of the snow when you set it down.

Yep clam plates are nice.....if guys don't have extentions for them pick them up early mid to late season they are hard to find

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.