Author Topic: Cordless adapter  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cordless adapter
« on: Dec 14, 2017, 06:33 AM »
Been scouring these threads looking for an adapter that will work for my eskimo 6" hand auger to put in my cordless drill. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cordless adapter
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2017, 06:52 AM »
Thank you diehard, have you done anything to prevent the loss of your auger should it fall out of the drill due to the chuck coming loose?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2017, 06:56 AM »
Thank you diehard, have you done anything to prevent the loss of your auger should it fall out of the drill due to the chuck coming loose?

I don't use that set up anymore ..but when I did a cut a 5 gallon bucket lid to 7-8 inches drilled a hole to fit adapter and put a bolt through it..could use a Frisbee too
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2017, 06:57 AM »
Awesome, thank you for the tip

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:00 AM »
Its all about the drill ...need 700 in/lbs of torque ...and 4 ah batteries ...what drill you using...also more than a 6 in auger you'll be pushing the limits .

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:01 AM »
all info noted. thanks again

Offline quickco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Personally I used a steel garden stake from home depot drilled 2 holes to attach to anger and used my grinder to shape the Chuck end. It's a little loose until you put in the screw. Also cut bottom of 5 gallon bucket for stopper. Cost me 5 dollars, may not be pretty but it lets the 20v porter cable work. Also that's what I use is Eskimo 6 inch standard.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:20 AM »
take a look at the kovac icemaster drill/auger adapter.ive use this for about 4 years with no problem.it has a bungie around the drill and adapter so the auger bit wont fall in the hole if chuck loosens up.it fits screw in or wing nut auger bits.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Thanks all

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:17 AM »
take a look at the kovac icemaster drill/auger adapter.ive use this for about 4 years with no problem.it has a bungie around the drill and adapter so the auger bit wont fall in the hole if chuck loosens up.it fits screw in or wing nut auger bits.
exactly. saved my bit many times.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2017, 10:01 PM »
This is what I did. 6" SM Lazer.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Will have to look at your photos when I get done with work, they are blocked on this computer

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Strikemaster makes a round black disk just for this reason, I got mine for $4. Cut a bigger hole in the center so it would fit on my Kdrill and slid foam up tight under it. Works great!

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2018, 10:56 PM »
lots of adapters on eBay   if you don't have metalworking tools

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2018, 11:40 PM »
Why am I not following what you mean by put a blot through it. I understand the adapter goes through the lid, but what keeps the lid on the auger to prevent it from falling through the ice if comes loose from Chuck

I don't use that set up anymore ..but when I did a cut a 5 gallon bucket lid to 7-8 inches drilled a hole to fit adapter and put a bolt through it..could use a Frisbee too

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Why am I not following what you mean by put a blot through it. I understand the adapter goes through the lid, but what keeps the lid on the auger to prevent it from falling through the ice if comes loose from Chuck

From the auger....add Frisbee/bucket lid...add adapter going through lid/Frisbee ...add your wingnut going through adapter and set your height ....now add a nut and bolt through any extra hole ..thus preventing it from going to Davey Jones locker ...then add your drill.

Offline todalake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:53 AM »
exactly. saved my bit many times.

X3     They make 2,  one for Nils and one for all others.
Clam Base Camp Thermal
Clam Legend Thermal
Nils 6" Lazer 5" & 7"
Ridgid 1300#
Clam Plate/extension

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:57 AM »
If your into making your own out of aluminum this is what I came up with.
It is free spinning so no worries about catching it on clothing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.