The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Milwaukee Vacation!  (Read 1025 times)

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
Milwaukee Vacation!
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:58 PM »
This might classify as general chit-chat but I'm heading to Milwaukee this weekend and wondering if any of the locals have some recommendations.  We are heading out with another couple and they have an itenerary of stuff to do down to the minute and I was thinking that some real world information might help steer me to a suitable watering hole or no touristy trap.  Happy to reciprocate if anyone is ever heading to the Buffalo area!

Sadly we don't have enough room (or time obviously) to do any fishing hoping to have a kick ass trip and get a few more adventures further west in the next couple of years.
Blue snow is better than yellow snow

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Milwaukee Vacation!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Well we had an awesome time in Wisconsin.  A quick list of the favorites:

- Outdoor activity:  Geneva Lake Ice Castle.  Every person I saw wondering around had a smile on their face adults and children.  What an incredible place.

- Tour:  Pabst Mansion was pretty awesome with some incredible woodwork.

- Bloody  Mary:  The County Clare was awesome and the addition of a pickled potato was inspired. 

- Best Micro Wisconsin Beer:  The Spotted Cow was really quite good and so was Louie's Demise from MKE

- Best Bar:  Maders had a beer list catered to me

- Best Surprise:  Milwaukee pizza from zaphiro's (sp) was awesome

We saw a few guys out in what I assume was the harbor near the art museum and then a few out in their vehicles at Lake Geneva.  Awesome trip

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Glad you had a great time in "God's Country"! Plenty to do here with a nice blend of urban and country activities. Mader's... best roasted pork shank you'll ever set your teeth into. And micro brews? New Glarus is almost big enough to not be "micro" any more. And you've only scratched the surface...

Lake Geneva at the Ice Castle thing a couple years ago all the street parking was jammed and folks saw some ice fishermen out on the lake in their vehicles. They added 2 + 2 and decided the ice would be a good place to park. A whole pile of vehicles parked door to door just like at Walmart. They came back to this:

Yeah, someone missed getting the "common sense" gene.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:55 AM »
I like the guy in the background just jigging away....

It was an awesome trip!

Glad you had a great time in "God's Country"! Plenty to do here with a nice blend of urban and country activities. Mader's... best roasted pork shank you'll ever set your teeth into. And micro brews? New Glarus is almost big enough to not be "micro" any more. And you've only scratched the surface...

Lake Geneva at the Ice Castle thing a couple years ago all the street parking was jammed and folks saw some ice fishermen out on the lake in their vehicles. They added 2 + 2 and decided the ice would be a good place to park. A whole pile of vehicles parked door to door just like at Walmart. They came back to this:

Yeah, someone missed getting the "common sense" gene.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.