Author Topic: Muckmaster vs. Arctic Sport  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Muckmaster vs. Arctic Sport
« on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:30 AM »
My Lacrosse Icemans are done for...developed a leak a couple of days ago so needing a new pair, and I've narrowed it to these :

Family Farm and Home has a sale going on now for the Muck boot and here are my choices...

Muckmaster (-20*) Reg. $140 on sale Friday, down to $70

Arctic Sport (-40*) Reg. $160 @20% off now, down to $128

So both boots are identical in all specs and materials except the Arctic has a "slightly" thicker sole than the Muckmaster, hence the 20* difference in climate rating. I have really never had a problem with cold feet in the past...thin pair of socks with wools over.

My thought..."Save the extra $ on the Muckmaster, not too much difference in temperature rating ( or is there? ) in the two.

Your thoughts?

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Gorilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Muckmaster vs. Arctic Sport
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:43 AM »
I had found the Arctic Sports on sale 2 years ago and they are as comfortable and warm as wearing a pair of slippers when I have my wool socks on even when fishing in slush.

Do Not underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State

Offline zforste1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2018, 09:49 AM »
I had found the Arctic Sports on sale 2 years ago and they are as comfortable and warm as wearing a pair of slippers when I have my wool socks on even when fishing in slush.
X2. i bought arctic pro Mucks three seasons ago and my feet have been warm and dry and comfortable since. you wont regret it.
"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a day, don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man and fishing isn't that hard" - Ron Swanson

Offline 59tony

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:05 AM »
I just got the Arctic pro ice for this season sportsman’s guide for around $180...they’re good for -60,  the rubber goes up higher than the Arctic pros and there’s a tread made specifically for ice....can’t wait to try em!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:25 AM »
I bought the muck artic pros for the start of last ice season, They are the best ice fishing boot I have ever owned.

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2018, 02:15 PM »
I went from the white bunny boots to the muck arctic pros last winter.  Big difference.  The arctic pros are quite a bit lighter. The go higher up on the calf but the material is flexible and comfortable.  Overall, a really comfy boot and very warm, but your feet don't get sweaty in them like the bunny boots.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.